Sparks Flying IC

Raveled

Ironclad blinked, thrown off her anger for a minute. "You mean like, patrol together? Sure, I've got a cell number you can call if you need backup." Mot cellular providers had a certain number of nulls, after all, numbers that didn't go to a phone and never would. Dawes Tech worked with a national provider, and it had been easy enough for Malcolm to reprogram one. "It should reach me, no matter where I am. I can put it in your cell," she added, belatedly remembering that she didn't carry a pen or paper in her armor.

KC blushed, turning a darker shade of green. "I mean sure, we can patrol together, but I mean like..." he gulped.

"A date. I mean, I'd totally be like a nice guy and everything maybe we could go see a movie and I'll pay for everything even maybe get some popcorn but maybe not like a large because it's kind of expensive and then if you wanted to we could go out to dinner and I'd pay for that too and you know we'd have a really good time and you know I hope I'm not rambling." KC spouted.

Ironclad stuttered for a second, thrown off by Kid Cthulhu's offer. It hadn't been what she expected, and it disarmed her, threw her from her confident superhero persona to her more timid civilian identity. After a moment she squeaked out "Sure!" She cleared her throat and responded in a more normal tone of voice. "Uh, do you want my phone number, or where do you want to meet?"

Ironclad's brain whirled around this new situation. She had never considered that something like this could happen. Of all the thoughts in her head, the one front and center was, I hope he's not green all the time.

KC grinned in genuine pleasure. "Yeah, that'd be good." KC pulled out his cell phone, which, inevitably was green and had a picture of the big green guy as his phone's wallpaper. He gave her his number as well. "Umm...hmm. How about a movie and dinner this coming Saturday? Oh, if you'd like, we can meet in our alternate identities. I think we can trust each other enough to see what's under the mask. I change forms, so I've actually got a human form as well as this one. Let's meet at the Kingston Theater at 6. I'll be wearing a Rush t-shirt."