What goes around, comes around

Heridfel

White Knight staggers back from the mighty blow. He's reeling now, and the girl takes a step back.

"What sort of a pyromaniac isn't immune to flames?" she asks. "Oh, that's right - you." White Knight's aura of flames seems to grow hotter, and even Emissary can feel the heat from it. White Knight's eyes roll to the back of his head, and he barely whimpers... "She started it" before passing out.

The girl dusts off her hands and offers one of them to Emissary.

"I am pleased to meet you. I'm afraid I don't know you. I am Erin," she says. Now that the fight is over, Emissary has a little time to look her over. The first thing he notices is that she's nearly naked. Apparently, her clothes were not nearly as flame retardant as she appears to be. All she has left are the remnants of a t-shirt (in the middle of winter?) and a pair of jeans. She has a couple of light burns, but nothing more serious than a sunburn. Her dark brown hair falls just over her shoulders, and she looks much too slight to have been able to force back White Knight's attacks.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Knight staggers back from the mighty blow. He's reeling now, and the girl takes a step back.

"What sort of a pyromaniac isn't immune to flames?" she asks. "Oh, that's right - you." White Knight's aura of flames seems to grow hotter, and even Emissary can feel the heat from it. White Knight's eyes roll to the back of his head, and he barely whimpers... "She started it" before passing out.

The girl dusts off her hands and offers one of them to Emissary.

"I am pleased to meet you. I'm afraid I don't know you. I am Erin," she says. Now that the fight is over, Emissary has a little time to look her over. The first thing he notices is that she's nearly naked. Apparently, her clothes were not nearly as flame retardant as she appears to be. All she has left are the remnants of a t-shirt (in the middle of winter?) and a pair of jeans. She has a couple of light burns, but nothing more serious than a sunburn. Her dark brown hair falls just over her shoulders, and she looks much too slight to have been able to force back White Knight's attacks.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Once more Rose found herself drifting breezily over Freedom City. She came up here to think mostly - the height gave her, appropriately, some perspective. She loved living with her sister, they were closer than they'd ever been, but it could be lonely too. She'd been trying to do the superhero thing for a little while now, and she'd screwed up her biggest opportunity to do good. She needed something else to give her a bit of confidence. She wanted to do good - to be an example to others. Well, I guess it's not supposed to be easy.

Drifting past the outskirts of Freedom City, Rose saw pillars of fire erupt from the ground near Lonely Point. She sped toward the area, the thoughts of being inadequate vanishing from her mind. Her face became determined and strong. When she reached the area, she saw a tall, silver man - the Emissary - standing next to an unconscious White Knight. There was another young woman standing with them. Seems like everything here is done and dusted. Still, Rose went down toward them - she hadn't met the Emissary yet, and this seemed like as good an opportunity as ever. She glides down toward the ground, landing about 10 feet from the silver skinned adonis. "Hi, I'm Valkyrie, anything I can do to help?"

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Once more Rose found herself drifting breezily over Freedom City. She came up here to think mostly - the height gave her, appropriately, some perspective. She loved living with her sister, they were closer than they'd ever been, but it could be lonely too. She'd been trying to do the superhero thing for a little while now, and she'd screwed up her biggest opportunity to do good. She needed something else to give her a bit of confidence. She wanted to do good - to be an example to others. Well, I guess it's not supposed to be easy.

Drifting past the outskirts of Freedom City, Rose saw pillars of fire erupt from the ground near Lonely Point. She sped toward the area, the thoughts of being inadequate vanishing from her mind. Her face became determined and strong. When she reached the area, she saw a tall, silver man - the Emissary - standing next to an unconscious White Knight. There was another young woman standing with them. Seems like everything here is done and dusted. Still, Rose went down toward them - she hadn't met the Emissary yet, and this seemed like as good an opportunity as ever. She glides down toward the ground, landing about 10 feet from the silver skinned adonis. "Hi, I'm Valkyrie, anything I can do to help?"

Valkyrie-1.jpg

He coughs, and detatches his cloak.

"I am quite certain the media will be arriving along with the authorities presently Miss Erin, and.. ahm.. they can pay attention to the most irrelevantly inappropriate things, in extremely exasperating ways."

He then fastens it around her, after leaning forward.

"Are you alright? Can you tell me what is it that occured here?"

When Valkyrie lands, he waves cheerfully to her.

"Another to stand watch until this man can be appropriately restrained would be extremely helpful."

"I am quite certain the media will be arriving along with the authorities presently Miss Erin, and.. ahm.. they can pay attention to the most irrelevantly inappropriate things, in extremely exasperating ways."

"Another to stand watch until this man can be appropriately restrained would be extremely helpful."

"I'm fine, really. He is right, in a way. I did surprise him from the ground. To be fair, I'm pretty sure he was flying towards the naval base to cause trouble. Screaming about, well, I don't feel like saying what he said," she says, her mouth pursing in distaste. "And I was here, and could help, so that's what we do, right?"

She holds up her forearm, pointing it away from Valkyrie and Emissary, and something that looks like a laser gun pops up from it. Her arm, which looked totally organic, appears to be made of some sort of advanced technology.

"This doesn't do much, but it gets people's attention. Plus, well...," she says, then looks up to Valkyrie and Emissary. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to surprise you. I'm... not alive, exactly." She hesitates to say the last part, as if she has remembered that some people don't think much of non-organics.

"I'm fine, really. He is right, in a way. I did surprise him from the ground. To be fair, I'm pretty sure he was flying towards the naval base to cause trouble. Screaming about, well, I don't feel like saying what he said," she says, her mouth pursing in distaste. "And I was here, and could help, so that's what we do, right?"

She holds up her forearm, pointing it away from Valkyrie and Emissary, and something that looks like a laser gun pops up from it. Her arm, which looked totally organic, appears to be made of some sort of advanced technology.

"This doesn't do much, but it gets people's attention. Plus, well...," she says, then looks up to Valkyrie and Emissary. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to surprise you. I'm... not alive, exactly." She hesitates to say the last part, as if she has remembered that some people don't think much of non-organics.

He nods.

"That is indeed what we do. Though ocassionally there can be confusing difficulties with when one is allowed to act, and not, and various other murky legal things. Fortunately, this man is a spectacularly wanted felon, so there are no such problems here."

He frowns at her words.

"Ahm.. how do children put it.. 'you are too'? I am also a work of synthetic life, and am of the vigorous opinion that I am very much alive."

He nods.

"That is indeed what we do. Though ocassionally there can be confusing difficulties with when one is allowed to act, and not, and various other murky legal things. Fortunately, this man is a spectacularly wanted felon, so there are no such problems here."

He frowns at her words.

"Ahm.. how do children put it.. 'you are too'? I am also a work of synthetic life, and am of the vigorous opinion that I am very much alive."

He nods.

He frowns at her words.

"Oh, wow..." she says in reply to the Emissary's revelation. "I had thought that most people didn't trust artificial life, because they think it'll be like Frankenstein or the Terminator. I didn't know there were any other heroes like me."

She then blushes as she looks over to Valkyrie. "I'm sorry. You flew down, and I didn't even say hello. I'm Erin," she says, holding out her hand to shake. She remembers to keep the cape pulled around her, though her lack of body modesty makes a little more sense, given her origin. "If you want to punch this guy a few times while he's down, go ahead. How long does it take the police to arrive, anyway?"

"Oh, wow..." she says in reply to the Emissary's revelation. "I had thought that most people didn't trust artificial life, because they think it'll be like Frankenstein or the Terminator. I didn't know there were any other heroes like me."

She then blushes as she looks over to Valkyrie. "I'm sorry. You flew down, and I didn't even say hello. I'm Erin," she says, holding out her hand to shake. She remembers to keep the cape pulled around her, though her lack of body modesty makes a little more sense, given her origin. "If you want to punch this guy a few times while he's down, go ahead. How long does it take the police to arrive, anyway?"

"It varies wildly, in my experience, when the authorities arrive. Also, punching someone once they are already unconscious.. it could severely injure them, and is generally uncalled for. Well, unless I suppose they are some kind of constantly regenerating behemoth of otherwise wide and sweeping doom. Hm. Which could exist for all I know! So that is why I use the word generally. Still, this man is not such a thing."

He pauses.

"And ahm, the trust people have for artificial life also varies wildly. But that is a good thing, for it means it varies enough such that many will in fact so trust. Besides, by my understanding, was not the Terminator eventually the hero?"

"It varies wildly, in my experience, when the authorities arrive. Also, punching someone once they are already unconscious.. it could severely injure them, and is generally uncalled for. Well, unless I suppose they are some kind of constantly regenerating behemoth of otherwise wide and sweeping doom. Hm. Which could exist for all I know! So that is why I use the word generally. Still, this man is not such a thing."

He pauses.

"And ahm, the trust people have for artificial life also varies wildly. But that is a good thing, for it means it varies enough such that many will in fact so trust. Besides, by my understanding, was not the Terminator eventually the hero?"

He pauses.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Valkyrie sees the hand being offered her and shakes her head, snapping herself out of the day dream she was in, "Oh, sorry. My name's Valkyrie - good to know you." She takes Erin's hand to shake. Her mind wandered off after she saw Erin' modification. Even though she knew that she was still quite new at all of this, she didn't think she'd ever get used to all the various powers and abilities people had. She glances at the Emissary, "Well, that depends on if you're talking about Terminator 1 or 2 - and jujst forget 3." She turns back to Erin, "But don't worry about me - machine, man or otherwise, it's what you do with what you have that makes you who you are." Rose wonders momentarily whether she should write that down. She looks at the White Knight, "He doesn't look like he's going much of anywhere - what happened here? This guy try and jump you two?"

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Valkyrie sees the hand being offered her and shakes her head, snapping herself out of the day dream she was in, "Oh, sorry. My name's Valkyrie - good to know you." She takes Erin's hand to shake. Her mind wandered off after she saw Erin' modification. Even though she knew that she was still quite new at all of this, she didn't think she'd ever get used to all the various powers and abilities people had. She glances at the Emissary, "Well, that depends on if you're talking about Terminator 1 or 2 - and jujst forget 3." She turns back to Erin, "But don't worry about me - machine, man or otherwise, it's what you do with what you have that makes you who you are." Rose wonders momentarily whether she should write that down. She looks at the White Knight, "He doesn't look like he's going much of anywhere - what happened here? This guy try and jump you two?"

Valkyrie-1.jpg

He pauses.

"Well, I'm still going to take off the mask," she says. "He looks like a Klansman, and that's probably intentional."

She reaches down and pulls off White Knight's hood. The most hideous thing about the face that's revealed is that it looks so innocent when unconscious. The blond hair could probably use a trim, but his looks are utterly ordinary. It seems like the sort of hate that he espouses should leave a more visible mark on him.

Erin looks back up to Valkyrie and says, "No, like I was saying to Emissary, I shot at him first, and then he started fighting me. It was pretty even until he showed up, and then wow! But I do get stronger as a fight goes on. Let me see if I can explain this."

She holds up her hand, the one without the blaster in it. A small ball of fire comes out from it.

"I can do whatever someone does to me. If they punch me, I can become as strong as they are. If they protect themselves against my punch, I can protect myself the same way. It doesn't always work - I can only do so much, and I have to prepare myself to do it. But when he tried to burn me, it meant I could burn him. It sort of surprised me that he was hurt by fire, but I wasn't about to complain."

She smiles broadly, revealing perfect white teeth. "I was going to call myself Payback. What do you think - catchy name?"

He pauses.

"Well, I'm still going to take off the mask," she says. "He looks like a Klansman, and that's probably intentional."

She reaches down and pulls off White Knight's hood. The most hideous thing about the face that's revealed is that it looks so innocent when unconscious. The blond hair could probably use a trim, but his looks are utterly ordinary. It seems like the sort of hate that he espouses should leave a more visible mark on him.

Erin looks back up to Valkyrie and says, "No, like I was saying to Emissary, I shot at him first, and then he started fighting me. It was pretty even until he showed up, and then wow! But I do get stronger as a fight goes on. Let me see if I can explain this."

She holds up her hand, the one without the blaster in it. A small ball of fire comes out from it.

"I can do whatever someone does to me. If they punch me, I can become as strong as they are. If they protect themselves against my punch, I can protect myself the same way. It doesn't always work - I can only do so much, and I have to prepare myself to do it. But when he tried to burn me, it meant I could burn him. It sort of surprised me that he was hurt by fire, but I wasn't about to complain."

She smiles broadly, revealing perfect white teeth. "I was going to call myself Payback. What do you think - catchy name?"