What goes around, comes around

Heridfel

Valkyrie-1.jpg

"See you later. You know where his place is, right?"

Rose thinks for a moment, "The Emissary's embassy? Yeah, I know it. I'll see you there soon." She pauses, "Look after each other." Then she flies off at top speed, making for home. I know the Emissary's Embassy from my days as a comic book writer - used that location plenty of times. Rose thought about actually being there; standing in the rooms. Yeah, she had written about it, but she wasn't entirely sure what went on inside. Who knows what there would be?

She flew in a straight line, diving straight through the street a few blocks from her home. She came up, luckily, in her backyard, and then 'swam' through the ground the rest of the way before coming up inside her house. Walking through the halls, Rose was startled when she saw her sister, Cadence, looking through her fridge, "Cade?" Cadence takes out the milk and swige from the bottle, "Hey sis." It hadn't affected Cadence for a while, seeing her sister walking around looking like Valkyrie. Rose enters the kitchen, and leans against the table, "What's up? I thought you'd be at work?" Cadence shrugs, "Yeah, I kinda quit today.", "You what?" Rose was more disappointed than angry - this happened alot. Cadence answered with a 'what's the big deal' shrug. "C'mon, Cade. You gotta start holding down a job, I hate being the bad guy here but...", "Then don't be." Cadence cut in. She was already visibly annoyed. Rose softened her tone, "We can't afford to live if you keep throwing in jobs." Cadence sat at the table now, picking her finger nails, "We'll be fine. We've always got the carers pension - lighten up, ok?" Rose sighed - she hated coming down on any of her sisters, and Cadence copped it more than most... by far. "Listen, I have to go, ok? I'll be back later. I'm going to go through the charity clothes pile and find some good stuff to take with me," Cadence looked up at her, Rose continued "Long story - I'll tell you later. Listen, have a good day, ok? We can talk tonight. Love you sis."

Rose quickly searched through the clothes they were willing to part with and found some items she though might fit Erin before taking back off, through the window and into the sky. She made a b-line for Emissary's embassy, carrying the clothes in her arms. Being a superhero sure was interesting...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No, it's only when it's been in a fight, and you really have to mean it. I mean, you don't have to be trying to kill me, but you do need to try to hurt me. Somehow, I think you don't have it in you," she says with a half-smile and a squint in her eye.

"Though if you want to fight, I still do have most of White Knight's powers... I could make it interesting. You want to go? After you explain to the policemen why you're throwing me around, I mean," she grins, her smile growing as wide as can fit on her face.

"No, it's only when it's been in a fight, and you really have to mean it. I mean, you don't have to be trying to kill me, but you do need to try to hurt me. Somehow, I think you don't have it in you," she says with a half-smile and a squint in her eye.

"Though if you want to fight, I still do have most of White Knight's powers... I could make it interesting. You want to go? After you explain to the policemen why you're throwing me around, I mean," she grins, her smile growing as wide as can fit on her face.

Erin says, "If you want. I don't think I actually can hurt there. Android, you know, and pain's sort of useless when you're not actually getting hurt."

She then scrambles around and jumps onto the Emissary's back, "But I'll take a piggyback ride!"

Erin doesn't weigh more than a human would, though she is certainly holding on more tightly than any of the people that the Emissary has had to rescue. It makes sense, given the powers she has borrowed from White Knight. The young lady could probably lift and throw him down the street, despite his super-dense form.

Erin says, "If you want. I don't think I actually can hurt there. Android, you know, and pain's sort of useless when you're not actually getting hurt."

She then scrambles around and jumps onto the Emissary's back, "But I'll take a piggyback ride!"

Erin doesn't weigh more than a human would, though she is certainly holding on more tightly than any of the people that the Emissary has had to rescue. It makes sense, given the powers she has borrowed from White Knight. The young lady could probably lift and throw him down the street, despite his super-dense form.

He nods with a bit of a smile, and takes aloft, flying with some care, although with his usual enjoyment of the act still, up above the city and through the clouds, landing after a time before the building set aside for his Embassy, and leading her inside.

Aside from all the furnishings being heavily reinforced in some way, if often unseen to the naked eye, it is really just a stately and well renovated building of various rooms and offices, the decoration a bit Victorian overall, as the decorators in question had barely caught up to that era in terms of their familliarity with and attention paid to human society at large. The Emissary's sole point of input seems to have been in the couches and chairs being particularly lush, so that any guests could relax in comfort.

He nods with a bit of a smile, and takes aloft, flying with some care, although with his usual enjoyment of the act still, up above the city and through the clouds, landing after a time before the building set aside for his Embassy, and leading her inside.

Aside from all the furnishings being heavily reinforced in some way, if often unseen to the naked eye, it is really just a stately and well renovated building of various rooms and offices, the decoration a bit Victorian overall, as the decorators in question had barely caught up to that era in terms of their familliarity with and attention paid to human society at large. The Emissary's sole point of input seems to have been in the couches and chairs being particularly lush, so that any guests could relax in comfort.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose thought long and hard about the best way to approach the embassy - she didn't want to cause a major incident by just landing out of the sky. Even though this city had it's share of superheroes, she wondered if it may be seen as an aggressive act. She though briefly about trying to sneak in, but dismissed the thought. If she was caught, that would be far worse. She felt like Eliza Doolittle in the racing scene, and she hadn't even reached the embassy yet. When she got there, she thought an honest, direct approach was best, convincing herself that she'd over thought this, as she did most things in her life. She landed - a figure clad in armour, shining in the sunlight, holding a pile of clothes. She walked confidently to the embassy gates to speak to the guard, "Hi, I'm here to see the Emissary - he's expecting me."

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose thought long and hard about the best way to approach the embassy - she didn't want to cause a major incident by just landing out of the sky. Even though this city had it's share of superheroes, she wondered if it may be seen as an aggressive act. She though briefly about trying to sneak in, but dismissed the thought. If she was caught, that would be far worse. She felt like Eliza Doolittle in the racing scene, and she hadn't even reached the embassy yet. When she got there, she thought an honest, direct approach was best, convincing herself that she'd over thought this, as she did most things in her life. She landed - a figure clad in armour, shining in the sunlight, holding a pile of clothes. She walked confidently to the embassy gates to speak to the guard, "Hi, I'm here to see the Emissary - he's expecting me."

Valkyrie-1.jpg

The guard nods and presses a button. His voice echoes into the room where the Emissary had landed along with Erin.

"There's a woman in plate armor here to see you, sir. She says you're expecting her?"

Erin chuckles at that, "He sounds surprised. I guess you don't normally have people visit you at work - or do you live here too?" She has already plopped herself down on a comfortable couch. The cape is thrown across a chair, and while her clothes still manage to cover up the parts that Should Not Be Seen, there's a great deal more skin exposed than is usually seen in polite company.

The guard nods and presses a button. His voice echoes into the room where the Emissary had landed along with Erin.

"There's a woman in plate armor here to see you, sir. She says you're expecting her?"

Erin chuckles at that, "He sounds surprised. I guess you don't normally have people visit you at work - or do you live here too?" She has already plopped herself down on a comfortable couch. The cape is thrown across a chair, and while her clothes still manage to cover up the parts that Should Not Be Seen, there's a great deal more skin exposed than is usually seen in polite company.

"Well.. there is generally no one here besides me, and I am more usually invited to things. I do live here though. The gate guardsman is a formality provided and insisted upon by the US government. I feel badly for the fellow and his preference to keep things on a professional level of etiquette. Still, I find if I can leave the cookies at his post before he gets there, and am not there myself, he will eat them. Which is a good first step."

He confirms through the intercom to let Valkyrie in.

"Well.. there is generally no one here besides me, and I am more usually invited to things. I do live here though. The gate guardsman is a formality provided and insisted upon by the US government. I feel badly for the fellow and his preference to keep things on a professional level of etiquette. Still, I find if I can leave the cookies at his post before he gets there, and am not there myself, he will eat them. Which is a good first step."

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose walks into the room where the Emissary and Erin are. She sizes Erin up, hoping that her memory served her well when she was picking out the clothes. "Here, try these on." Rose hands over the clothes, feels awkward for a moment and then turns her back to give Erin some privacy. "So, Emissary, nice place you got here..."

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose walks into the room where the Emissary and Erin are. She sizes Erin up, hoping that her memory served her well when she was picking out the clothes. "Here, try these on." Rose hands over the clothes, feels awkward for a moment and then turns her back to give Erin some privacy. "So, Emissary, nice place you got here..."

Valkyrie-1.jpg