What goes around, comes around

Heridfel

"It varies wildly, in my experience, when the authorities arrive. Also, punching someone once they are already unconscious.. it could severely injure them, and is generally uncalled for. Well, unless I suppose they are some kind of constantly regenerating behemoth of otherwise wide and sweeping doom. Hm. Which could exist for all I know! So that is why I use the word generally. Still, this man is not such a thing."

He pauses.

"And ahm, the trust people have for artificial life also varies wildly. But that is a good thing, for it means it varies enough such that many will in fact so trust. Besides, by my understanding, was not the Terminator eventually the hero?"

"Well, I'm still going to take off the mask," she says. "He looks like a Klansman, and that's probably intentional."

She reaches down and pulls off White Knight's hood. The most hideous thing about the face that's revealed is that it looks so innocent when unconscious. The blond hair could probably use a trim, but his looks are utterly ordinary. It seems like the sort of hate that he espouses should leave a more visible mark on him.

Erin looks back up to Valkyrie and says, "No, like I was saying to Emissary, I shot at him first, and then he started fighting me. It was pretty even until he showed up, and then wow! But I do get stronger as a fight goes on. Let me see if I can explain this."

She holds up her hand, the one without the blaster in it. A small ball of fire comes out from it.

"I can do whatever someone does to me. If they punch me, I can become as strong as they are. If they protect themselves against my punch, I can protect myself the same way. It doesn't always work - I can only do so much, and I have to prepare myself to do it. But when he tried to burn me, it meant I could burn him. It sort of surprised me that he was hurt by fire, but I wasn't about to complain."

She smiles broadly, revealing perfect white teeth. "I was going to call myself Payback. What do you think - catchy name?"

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose smiles kindly, "Sounds great." She moves to the girl and puts her hand on her shoulder, "We should probably get you something a little more comfortable to wear first," she steals a glance to the silver sentinel standing with them, "No offence, Emissary." She smiles again and turns back to Erin, she's about to talk and then stops. Her face becomes concerned, "Erin, whos's looking after you?"

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose smiles kindly, "Sounds great." She moves to the girl and puts her hand on her shoulder, "We should probably get you something a little more comfortable to wear first," she steals a glance to the silver sentinel standing with them, "No offence, Emissary." She smiles again and turns back to Erin, she's about to talk and then stops. Her face becomes concerned, "Erin, whos's looking after you?"

Valkyrie-1.jpg

She smiles broadly, revealing perfect white teeth. "I was going to call myself Payback. What do you think - catchy name?"

"I like it! It is indeed.. catchy."

He looks to her thoughtfully as she describes her powers.

"Well, hm, you may find it useful then to eventually supplement your abilities with such things as unarmed combat training and the like, simply so that you have that which to fall back on."

Her face becomes concerned, "Erin, whos's looking after you?"

He looks to Valkyrie and adds after she speaks.

"Not that we are seeking personal information you may be uncomfortable with sharing. I have found that many in this line of pursuit feel a need to keep some secrets. Your apparent youth simply engenders such questions."

"Well, hm, you may find it useful then to eventually supplement your abilities with such things as unarmed combat training and the like, simply so that you have that which to fall back on."

"Not that we are seeking personal information you may be uncomfortable with sharing. I have found that many in this line of pursuit feel a need to keep some secrets. Your apparent youth simply engenders such questions."

Erin shrugs as Emissary talks about training in unarmed combat.

"I'm a pretty good shot all the time, so I think I'll do ok."

After Valkyrie and Emissary ask about whether anyone's watching out for her, she grows reticent. Finally, she speaks, slowly at first, but picking up speed as she goes.

"Well... I think I can trust you. I appeared in the city about a week ago. I know stuff - like I know where in the city we are, and who this creep is, but I don't know anything about my creator except one message. It's like a letter, written in my head. She said - well, actually, I don't even know if it's a he or she, but I'll say she just because 'he or she' takes too long and 'they' is ungrammatical - anyway, he said that he wanted me to learn about people without her preconceptions getting in the way, so she sent me here to Freedom City to learn about the best sort of people and the worst sort of people. I've already seen the worst there," she says, then gives a shy smile, "and I think I'm learning about some of the best now."

The three of them don't notice that White Knight is starting to wake up until he stumbles to a mostly vertical position, then, with obvious effort, takes off into the sky. His body ignites once again, and whatever he's yelling at the three people standing there is lost as the flames drown it out.

Erin looks up at him and frowns, coming very close to a pout.

"See, I told you we should have kept punching him."

After Valkyrie and Emissary ask about whether anyone's watching out for her, she grows reticent. Finally, she speaks, slowly at first, but picking up speed as she goes.

"Well... I think I can trust you. I appeared in the city about a week ago. I know stuff - like I know where in the city we are, and who this creep is, but I don't know anything about my creator except one message. It's like a letter, written in my head. She said - well, actually, I don't even know if it's a he or she, but I'll say she just because 'he or she' takes too long and 'they' is ungrammatical - anyway, he said that he wanted me to learn about people without her preconceptions getting in the way, so she sent me here to Freedom City to learn about the best sort of people and the worst sort of people. I've already seen the worst there," she says, then gives a shy smile, "and I think I'm learning about some of the best now."

The three of them don't notice that White Knight is starting to wake up until he stumbles to a mostly vertical position, then, with obvious effort, takes off into the sky. His body ignites once again, and whatever he's yelling at the three people standing there is lost as the flames drown it out.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose puts her hand out toward the Emissary, "Please, allow me - seems you guys have had to get your hands dirty enough." She smiles at them both before taking off into the air, fists clenched at her sides. She'd never met the 'White Knight', but she knew of him and what he stood for, and she was hoping to make him take a fall for it too. She flew her top speed, and readied a haymaker, hoping one punch would be enough after already taking some heavy damage.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Rose puts her hand out toward the Emissary, "Please, allow me - seems you guys have had to get your hands dirty enough." She smiles at them both before taking off into the air, fists clenched at her sides. She'd never met the 'White Knight', but she knew of him and what he stood for, and she was hoping to make him take a fall for it too. She flew her top speed, and readied a haymaker, hoping one punch would be enough after already taking some heavy damage.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

The blow rattles White Knight, but he remains in the air, still aware of what's going on around him. He looks even more tired now than he did when he was on the ground. Apparently, it took a lot out of him to get back up so quickly.

"Oh sugar, now you see why you don't send a woman to do a man's job," White Knight says. He chooses to maneuver around her so that if the Emissary or Erin were to try to shoot at her somehow, Valkyrie would be in the way. He's not moving very fast, at least on a superheroic scale. A fast car might be able to pass him on the road, if he were flying that low for some reason.

The blow rattles White Knight, but he remains in the air, still aware of what's going on around him. He looks even more tired now than he did when he was on the ground. Apparently, it took a lot out of him to get back up so quickly.

"Oh sugar, now you see why you don't send a woman to do a man's job," White Knight says. He chooses to maneuver around her so that if the Emissary or Erin were to try to shoot at her somehow, Valkyrie would be in the way. He's not moving very fast, at least on a superheroic scale. A fast car might be able to pass him on the road, if he were flying that low for some reason.

Even as he swings his fist downwards to the pavement below, his gaze remains upwards on the White Knight.

"Once more you speak in confusing nonsense words! It was a woman that had previously struck the knockout blow upon you! I cannot think she struck you so hard as to banish the memories from your mind! Why must you continue to commit such unfortunate crimes against the use of your English language?"

Even as he speaks, his fist tears upwards from the ground it had wedged into, a jagged block of rubble around it, the arc of his arm pulling himself upwards into the sky and on an unnering path towards the White Knight's chin.

Even as he swings his fist downwards to the pavement below, his gaze remains upwards on the White Knight.

"Once more you speak in confusing nonsense words! It was a woman that had previously struck the knockout blow upon you! I cannot think she struck you so hard as to banish the memories from your mind! Why must you continue to commit such unfortunate crimes against the use of your English language?"

Even as he speaks, his fist tears upwards from the ground it had wedged into, a jagged block of rubble around it, the arc of his arm pulling himself upwards into the sky and on an unnering path towards the White Knight's chin.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Valkyrie watches the man fall - she'd never even met this guy, but him legendary bigotry and just being in his presence for two minutes meant that she already hated him. She wished she could let him fall, let him reap what he had sewn; but she couldn't. She knew that having to tough him would burn her in every sense of the word but, to be honest and cliched, she couldn't be what he was. Valkyrie streaked down toward the de-hooded White Knight, "Alright, alright, you big jerk, quite falling for me." She felt the heat emanating from the man, did her best to ignore it.

Valkyrie-1.jpg

Valkyrie watches the man fall - she'd never even met this guy, but him legendary bigotry and just being in his presence for two minutes meant that she already hated him. She wished she could let him fall, let him reap what he had sewn; but she couldn't. She knew that having to tough him would burn her in every sense of the word but, to be honest and cliched, she couldn't be what he was. Valkyrie streaked down toward the de-hooded White Knight, "Alright, alright, you big jerk, quite falling for me." She felt the heat emanating from the man, did her best to ignore it.

Valkyrie-1.jpg