Some Questions about Making a Villain

Warmonger

Hi I'm new round these parts. I had some characters I wanted to create but wanted to know how far I should take the concept before proceeding.

First of all I wanted to creat a level 10 Villain. The concept right now was more of a Lex Luther type corporate mogul. How proactive are Villains allowed to be. I wanted him to do things to accumulate his power and wealth.

- Could I say create a prototype Police bot to try to sell models to the FCPD. Would I HAVE to use up Equipment points for that Device point or does that count as a plot device sort of thing

- I wanted to recruit other Villains or heroes to my payroll if necessary to either help with a project or as personal body guards could I do that?

- Speaking of which what does my ranks in Wealth allow me. If I wanted a Yacht would I have to purchase that with my Equipment or would it be assumed that I could afford one. (7 ranks of Wealth). What about things like personal helicopters and planes. Or do I only need to purchase Equipment if these thigns can do special thigns like a Stealth Coptor or Boat?

- None of these things are really illegal what kind of nefarious deeds would m kind of villain be up to.

- While I might have Minions PL 5 goons are going to get wiped out by PL 10 heroes easily. How do I protect my character from the inevitable butt-bruising.

My PL 10 hero is a concept that I've been tyring to play forever. He is a cross between Mr. Terrific and the Fixer. The idea was for him to have Gadgets as his primary power with the flaw that he could only change into one of his pre-made power configurations; about six. Would this be allowed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi I'm new round these parts. I had some characters I wanted to create but wanted to know how far I should take the concept before proceeding.

First of all I wanted to creat a level 10 Villain. The concept right now was more of a Lex Luther type corporate mogul. How proactive are Villains allowed to be. I wanted him to do things to accumulate his power and wealth.

- Could I say create a prototype Police bot to try to sell models to the FCPD. Would I HAVE to use up Equipment points for that Device point or does that count as a plot device sort of thing

- I wanted to recruit other Villains or heroes to my payroll if necessary to either help with a project or as personal body guards could I do that?

- Speaking of which what does my ranks in Wealth allow me. If I wanted a Yacht would I have to purchase that with my Equipment or would it be assumed that I could afford one. (7 ranks of Wealth). What about things like personal helicopters and planes. Or do I only need to purchase Equipment if these thigns can do special thigns like a Stealth Coptor or Boat?

- None of these things are really illegal what kind of nefarious deeds would m kind of villain be up to.

- While I might have Minions PL 5 goons are going to get wiped out by PL 10 heroes easily. How do I protect my character from the inevitable butt-bruising.

My PL 10 hero is a concept that I've been tyring to play forever. He is a cross between Mr. Terrific and the Fixer. The idea was for him to have Gadgets as his primary power with the flaw that he could only change into one of his pre-made power configurations; about six. Would this be allowed?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the chat, Warmonger.

We can always use more villains, and really, proactive villains are the best kind. While we have referees here, we try to be player-driven as much as possible. It lowers the workload on the referees, and it means more stories for other players.

1) One of the easiest ways to do the first thing (and which gives you flexibility for storylines in the future) is to buy a minion, or better, a Sidekick, with Inventor and a good amount of Knowledge (technology) and Craft (electrical/mechanical). He could be your chief scientist in charge of R&D, and he could create your prototype police bot as well as other things in the future.

2) There are a number of mercenary villains, as well as some heroes who are willing to work for someone who appears to be on the up and up. Because Wealth isn't always important to PCs, being able to offer influence and help can be another way to get them to work for you.

3) Wealth is used more for the setting. You could have a yacht, or helicopter, or boat if it's being used more for a setting for a scene than as a power. If that's not clear, I'll try to explain better, but I hope I'm clear enough.

4) Whatever you like! :D Really, as long as you abide by the PG-rating, there's no end to your villainy. It could range from controlling the city to attempting to take over the multiverse (though because this is a Freedom City chat, you'd have to rule it from there).

5) Yeah, minions are pretty much there for the heroes to smash-rush and smackdown. If you want to stop PL 10 heroes, you need to recruit PL 10 villains. PCs are probably easier on this front (since they want to play as much as you do), but NPCs might be possible as well if you offer them enough.

We can always use more villains, and really, proactive villains are the best kind. While we have referees here, we try to be player-driven as much as possible. It lowers the workload on the referees, and it means more stories for other players.

1) One of the easiest ways to do the first thing (and which gives you flexibility for storylines in the future) is to buy a minion, or better, a Sidekick, with Inventor and a good amount of Knowledge (technology) and Craft (electrical/mechanical). He could be your chief scientist in charge of R&D, and he could create your prototype police bot as well as other things in the future.

2) There are a number of mercenary villains, as well as some heroes who are willing to work for someone who appears to be on the up and up. Because Wealth isn't always important to PCs, being able to offer influence and help can be another way to get them to work for you.

3) Wealth is used more for the setting. You could have a yacht, or helicopter, or boat if it's being used more for a setting for a scene than as a power. If that's not clear, I'll try to explain better, but I hope I'm clear enough.

4) Whatever you like! :D Really, as long as you abide by the PG-rating, there's no end to your villainy. It could range from controlling the city to attempting to take over the multiverse (though because this is a Freedom City chat, you'd have to rule it from there).

5) Yeah, minions are pretty much there for the heroes to smash-rush and smackdown. If you want to stop PL 10 heroes, you need to recruit PL 10 villains. PCs are probably easier on this front (since they want to play as much as you do), but NPCs might be possible as well if you offer them enough.

Pfft. Says the villain who turned on the folks who hired him, just because they were dealing drugs.

Unless it's drugs being dealt to kids, it's the addicts' fault for starting on it anyway. That's how you have to think when you're a villain. Just don't ever get tempted to sniff your own merch. :D

Pfft. Says the villain who turned on the folks who hired him, just because they were dealing drugs.

Unless it's drugs being dealt to kids, it's the addicts' fault for starting on it anyway. That's how you have to think when you're a villain. Just don't ever get tempted to sniff your own merch. :D