Who Let The Dog Out? (IC)

Ironclad absently noted down the frequency Fusion tossed out on the margins of her work. She turned her head and stuck her tongue out at Valkyrie, taking advantage of the cover provided by her helmet. "It's not mimicry," she said. "It's an internal notepad. And it's private. Besides, if you're willing to accept 'the gods did it,' why do are you worried if I investigate? I should find the gods at the end of my research." She turned by to her notes, muttering under her breath, "Sitting on a golden throne like as not."

"Oh, I fear it not." Valkyrie returned, her laughter calmed, "Twas but a jest. Though I doubt thou shall discover Odin sitting. For the All Father is a god of action, preferring war to relaxation. Still, do thy research if thou must. I would be interested in thine findings." Valkyrie smiled, beneath her helm.

"Thine praise is flattering, Daughter of Olympus, yet unnecessary. Mine is the justice of the Odin. The only praise I desire comes from his holiness. If thou wishes to truly honor me, thou wouldst join battle with more haste in the future. Wielding the power of the gods matters for naught when if thou is incapable of applying it."
Moira happily grimaced. She was no child of Hermes. Though she could hold her own against a giant guard dog if Valkyrie just let her show her her moves! She nodded at the admonishment.

"Well, that wasn't nearly so bad as I thought it was going to be. You said you knew what this thing is?" she asked Divine.
"[divine]Indeed,[/divine]" Moira said quickly, "[divine]That was Cerberus. Guardian of the gates to Hades. Tasked with bringing wayward souls back to the realm of the dead when in the mortal realm. Though he never just straight out attacks bystanders. Or so Hades would have you believe.[/divine]"

While Ironclad and Valkyrie bickered back and forth, Divine was on the phone with the emergency crew.

The dog of Hades was down, but it was not out. While Everyone was preoccupied, it slipped into a form more human that it's giant self. An eight foot tall anthropomorphic black wolfman appeared to them battered and covered in ink. Stumbling towards the three that were there, it spoke as well as it could having crushed bones, "You not stop Hades harvest. Hades harvest coming. You just prevent bad things from being taken back." The wolfman collapsed to his hands and knees. "I rest, come back. You not seen the last of me." The humanoid black wolfman finally doubled over. and disappeared in a pillar of hellish red light.

Ironclad paused in her private calculations, staring at the spot where the Hellhound had disappeared. It interested her mildly, but teleportation was a well-known and closely-studied phenomenon. Even this teleportation was trans-dimensional and of magical origin, and possibly lead back to a plane of reality that could be considered some off-shoot of Perdition...

Ironclad shook her head sharply, and reminded herself that she didn't have any way of taking any sort of readings. It would be much more productive to examine the hammer. She turned to Valkyrie and spoke. "Excuse me, but I don't suppose you'd let me cut a piece of your hammer off, by any chance? If I had an opportunity to run some chemical tests it could be very enlightening."

Valkyrie was a little taken aback when her fallen opponent rose in a new form. Though she let him speak his peace, and after he disappeared she responded, "Indeed. I pray thy seek me out when thou next desires a beating."

"Excuse me, but I don't suppose you'd let me cut a piece of your hammer off, by any chance? If I had an opportunity to run some chemical tests it could be very enlightening."

Though only the bottom half of Valkyrie's face was clearly visible for her visor, enough of her expression could be seen to figure it out. She was staring at Ironclad as if she had suddenly constructed a second head for herself. "Surely thou jests...?" She asked, incredulous, holding Mjollnir slightly closer to her body.

Moira shook her head disapprovingly after the hound of Hades disappeared. The squid woman had already left and he two others kept talking amongst themselves. All was good at the moment. She couldn't help but think what the hound meant by a 'harvest'. Maybe someone else would know. Certainly not her. She approached the two girls. "[divine]Excuse me, can I have a moment of your time? I was just thinking about what Cerberus said. He said he'd be back. If you two need any help, I can assist you. This thing isn't to be taken lightly, you know? We need all the help we can get if something major happens.[/divine]" She handed each of them a white business card with gold lettering. It had both of her names, an address for her home, and a phone number on it. "[divine]You can reach me at these places. If I'm not at one I'm at the other.[/divine]"

Ironclad scanned the car without turning her head, noting the name and number. Something was poking the back of her brain though. "Morley." She'd heard the name bandied about by her classmates, most of whom were four or five years older than her. "Do you have a bar?"

Valkyrie accepted the card, and tucked it under one of her gauntlets. "Many thanks, Godess. Thou shalt be summoned if thine services are needed."

Hmm, if I hurry, maybe I can catch that guy at the bar.

"If there is nothing more, then I shall take mine leave. There art other things a servant of Odin must attend to!" Valkyrie waited for a few moments. Seeing that neither hero needed her to stay, she added, "Very well, then." and was gone in a flash of lightning.

"[divine]Pub, dear,[/divine]" Moira chuckled gently as she corrected Ironclad, "[divine]we're much nicer than a bar.[/divine]" She nodded to Valkyrie as she took her leave. Damn right she'd need her again. She saw how she took the hammer to the hell hound and almost single-handedly fell the beast. Fusion and Ironclad pulled their weight too. Maybe a new team would form from this? Only time would tell. Moira looked to Ironclad again, "[divine]You're welcome to come back with with me. The night is still young you know.[/divine]" She curtsied and made her way back to her bike.

Ironclad started getting butterflies in her stomach. "Uh, no. Listen, if that creatures comes, give -- well, give just about anyone a call, really. I'm tied into the CB and police band, 911 system, and the cell network. Just make a call with the word, uh, 'hellhound' in it and I'll hear, okay? As for now I have to --" The heroine cut off as memory flooded into her. She grimaced behind her mask. "I've, uh, got some stuff to get back to." She took off without another word, heading back to where she parked -- okay, left -- the truck.