Anti-hero addict?

Avalon

Hi! 1st timer here. I'm planning to have a character that has the multiple-personality disorder. He is trying to find a way to control his other "selfs" as is possibly contemplating on taking drugs as his method. Would that be allowed here?

Also, I'm planning of having him have an array with each alternate power in the array governed by a different personality. Would it be possible to have add the alternate power feat to an existing alternate power?

Hi! 1st timer here. I'm planning to have a character that has the multiple-personality disorder. He is trying to find a way to control his other "selfs" as is possibly contemplating on taking drugs as his method. Would that be allowed here?

Also, I'm planning of having him have an array with each alternate power in the array governed by a different personality. Would it be possible to have add the alternate power feat to an existing alternate power?

Yeah, I think you could do that and still keep things basically PG. There are some aspects of drug addiction that you might have to gloss over, but I see no problem with it.

I may not be understanding you completely, but I'm not sure why you'd need to nest one Alt Power within another. Just buy all the Alt Powers you want, and handle the rest (limited to specific personalities) with descriptors.

Yeah, I think you could do that and still keep things basically PG. There are some aspects of drug addiction that you might have to gloss over, but I see no problem with it.

I may not be understanding you completely, but I'm not sure why you'd need to nest one Alt Power within another. Just buy all the Alt Powers you want, and handle the rest (limited to specific personalities) with descriptors.

Barnum,

I think I'll let him concentrate instead of taking drugs to use one of his other personalities' powers.

Btw, would it be possible to have the Normal Identity drawback apply only to his array instead of all of his powers? I was planning of letting him have some mental immunities derived from the multiple personalities in his head but he would need to take some time to focus himself to gain access to his other personalities' powers.

Also, are powers limited to PL? For example, if I take the Strike power for a PL 10 character, can I bring it to a level hinger than 10 like 11 or 15? Or does is it limited to only 10?

Barnum,

I think I'll let him concentrate instead of taking drugs to use one of his other personalities' powers.

Btw, would it be possible to have the Normal Identity drawback apply only to his array instead of all of his powers? I was planning of letting him have some mental immunities derived from the multiple personalities in his head but he would need to take some time to focus himself to gain access to his other personalities' powers.

Also, are powers limited to PL? For example, if I take the Strike power for a PL 10 character, can I bring it to a level hinger than 10 like 11 or 15? Or does is it limited to only 10?

Barnum,

That's not what the Normal Identity is really for. The Power Loss drawback applied to the array works better, I think.

Yes. Powers that provide a bonus to Attack, Defense, or Toughness, or powers that provoke a save are limited to PL.

See Mutants and Masterminds p.24-25 for a complete list of Power Level, trade-offs, and caps.

That's not what the Normal Identity is really for. The Power Loss drawback applied to the array works better, I think.

Yes. Powers that provide a bonus to Attack, Defense, or Toughness, or powers that provoke a save are limited to PL.

See Mutants and Masterminds p.24-25 for a complete list of Power Level, trade-offs, and caps.

This is probably my last question Barnum. Thanks for all the help.

How many points are granted to make an alternate power when building an array? The core book says that each alternate power in an array can have no more points spent into it than the amount paid for the primary ability while UP limits the points spent on an alternate power to be the array rankx2?

I've looked at some of the approved characters here like Teke, and they seem to use the ruling from the core book. Which one should I use for the array?

How many points are granted to make an alternate power when building an array? The core book says that each alternate power in an array can have no more points spent into it than the amount paid for the primary ability while UP limits the points spent on an alternate power to be the array rankx2?

I've looked at some of the approved characters here like Teke, and they seem to use the ruling from the core book. Which one should I use for the array?

I can answer this one, because it stumped me too when I first read UP. In truth, the rulings are the same.

Example:

Core:

Telekinesis 10 [Extra] - 32 Pts.

-alt power- Blast 10 [Extra]

-alt power- Strike 10 [Extras]

Ultimate Power:

Array 15 [Power Feats: Alternate Powers 2] - 32 Pts.

-main power- Telekinesis 10 [Extra]

As long as you remember that Array's ranks aren't limited by PL (though the powers bought within the array may be), you'll be fine.

I can answer this one, because it stumped me too when I first read UP. In truth, the rulings are the same.

Example:

Core:

Ultimate Power:

As long as you remember that Array's ranks aren't limited by PL (though the powers bought within the array may be), you'll be fine.

Example:

Core:

Ultimate Power: