Conflicting Intrests (IC)

Dragonfly visibly twitched. "Because I--" no - stop - calm - deep breaths - not good to be common knowledge "....for my own reasons. Also know things it might be. None of them are good."

She slumped a little, starting to feel the beating she'd taken. could have gone better

Ironclad titled her head, looking the visored woman up and down, really looking at her for the first time since battle had been joined. Short, slim, with blonde hair; impossible to tell what her eyes looked like underneath the visor. And if her gear was hand-built, or at least self-designed, she might have more in common with Jessica than the girl had first assumed.

Still, that didn't solve their immediate problem. "How'd you track me down," Ironclad asked, mostly making conversation. "I had just caught up with the folks who had the case myself."

Dragonfly looked at Ironclad a little blankly, and then choked on a laugh...and winced. ribs - no breaks - heavy bruising? - will take time to heal - unfortunate She shook her head back and forth. "Didn't. Don't know you. Heard the case was being sold. Tracked it, saw you with it, made assumptions."

She tilted her head, pondering Ironclad for a moment. "Bad ones, maybe. Am possibly sorry for that."

Ironclad's face went blank, under her mask. "Tracked it. Tracked it? The thing inside the case? You were tracking that?" Ironclad took a step forward, her mind whirling with possibilities. "How? Does it put off radiation of some kind!?"

Dragonfly shrugged, waving a hand. "Of some kind, yes. Am...familiar with it. Built a scanner. Won't do me much good now - outclassed. Need a plan. Speed or teleportation countermeasures, maybe. Spacial hardening in the works, could throw it together and hope it doesn't burn out or tear rifts in...." She trailed off, muttering to herself for a moment, before blinking and shaking her head, turning back to eye Ironclad again. "...why?" recovery challenging task - bad sign

She bit her lip as she struggled with herself for a moment. no! - can't be trusted - tried to kill us - lesser of two evils - poor decision - few other options - have to trust someone sometime - going to regret this "...fine." Reaching into a small pouch she pulled out what was obviously a gutted, repurposed PDA, and held it out. "Better together than apart. But." She pulled it back for a moment, leaning in. "Contents of case do not make it to police, or anywhere else. Destroy it if you have to, or if I can't. That's my condition."

She extended the tracker again, as if it was a handshake to seal the deal.

Ironclad snatched at the detector, making a face at the shoddy wiring job. If she had designed it, it would be in sealed plastic with an LED display. Of course, she had the entire Dawes Tech industrial empire to draw upon, whereas this woman apparently was working on a tighter budget. Regardless, she nodded along with the visored woman's demand. "If we get this thing back, you're free to go all EOD on it. Just remember, Sentry Statue in an hour."