Opening Night at Le Exotique (IC)

Avalon

Craig finished reading the menu, and set it down on the table. He wasn't quite sure what some of the stuff on the menu actually was, but upon hearing that the kitchen took requests, Craig got a waiter. "Excuse me, I know this is going to sound silly, but would you be able to make me a sirloin or prime rib burger, with a Caesar salad, and some fries topped with whatever flavorful salt you might have on hand in the kitchen? Oh, and some root beer, to drink, please."

The waiter serving Craig gives a barely noticeable smirk as he takes his orders. "I shall see what the Sous-chef can provide that suits your orders, Sir."

Sparksmith, instead of taking a menu, held up his hand and smiled. "No thank you, I won't need one. I'll take the Chef's Special Beef Boourguignon, and for a drink, I'd like a tall glass of sparkling cider. He smiled, realizing the drink was a bit childish.

"Oh, and if at all possible, could I get a side of mashed potatoes along with the beef? Possibly au gratin? Thank you!"

Kurt looked around the restaurant and leaned back smiling. It's nice to live the good life once in a while.

"Certainly sir. Would you like anything else to go with your meal?"

Daniel was lucky to find an empty table in the crowded restaurant. From where he sat, he could see the band.

He decided to order from the wine list instead of getting a meal-he preferred to enjoy a drink while listening to the band.

By the skill of the musician, he could tell who Eddie was. It was obvious the kid was talented and Daniel enjoyed his performance. He enjoyed it despite the occasional screaming of Eddie's female fans.

Among them, seated in one of the tables in front of the band, Daniel saw the three girls he previously met. How they managed to get a table in front of the band was a mystery to him. Then again, he thought, attractive young girls can pretty much sit anywhere they want.

"Maybe I should sit with them," he thought to himself as he relaxed in his chair drinking from his glass. "They did invite me to sit with them."

He shifted his weight, preparing to stand up, then he leaned back again.

"Nah, It would just be awkward." he told himself.

He took a long sip of his wine.

"Hmm..I can't seem to hear the band well from here and there are people blocking my view," Daniel told himself, making up excuses to move.

"Yup, I need a seat closer to the band...I guess I have no choice but to sit with them."

Daniel then stood up and approached their table hoping to come up with something witty to say.