Take It To The Limit (OOC)

N/A

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When her Initiative comes up after Guardian, The Scarab is going to hit Slyph with Mental Blast again.

Slyph's Will save (DC28): 18. She fails by 10, so she picks up another Bruise, and she's also Staggered, and Stunned for 1 round.

Slyph: Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned

Professor Fathom takes a free action to use Extra Effort for the following power stunt off of his Blast 9 (18PP to work with):

Blast 12 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Knockback 3, Power Attack, Flaws: Action [Full]) [18PP]

As a PL11 with +10 Attack, his damage is capped at +12.

He uses Defensive Attack again, for -5 Attack / +5 Defense, and Power Attack for -5 Attack / +5 Damage, and Blasts Guardian.

Fathom's attack roll (DC6): 3. Curse my dice luck!

He uses GM Fiat for a HP-style re-roll.

Fathom's attack roll (DC6): 19. The "9" becomes a "19," but it's not a "natural 19," so it doesn't count as a crit.

VC, roll a DC32 Toughness save.

After all this is resolved, Guardian gets 1HP for the Fiat.

Since Fathom didn't have any actions left to move around, Guardian has a general idea of where in the water on the floor he could be hiding. So if Guardian attacks him next round, he can be assumed to have chosen the correct 5ft square on the "map," and he can just roll the 50% miss chance from Concealment, and make his normal attack if he gets 11+ on the D20. He can spend a HP to re-roll that miss chance if you want, but keep in mind that you can only use each application of a HP once per round. So you can only clear one stun, re-roll one roll, clear one level of Fatigue, power the same feat once, etc. (though you can do each one of those once each).

On his Initiative count, Granite uses GM Fiat to gain an emergency Recovery check against his worst damage condition (Unconscious). His 18 Constitution gives him a +4 recovery bonus.

Recovery check (DC10): 10. He just barely makes it. He takes a Full Action to recover from Unconscious.

Guardian gets 1HP for the Fiat.

Before I make any actions, how many civilians are still in the bank and in immediate danger?

All of them. :D None of them have evacuated yet, so they're just keeping their heads down and trying not to get killed. Fortunately, you've managed to monopolize most of the villains' attention so far.

Granite hasn't even had a chance to stand up yet. He's still Prone, so Guardian gets a +4 bonus to hit him on top of everything else.

Granite's got 2 Bruises, so -2 to his Toughness save, leaving his bonus at +10.

Granite's Toughness save (DC29): 15.

GM Fiat: Re-roll.

Granite's Toughness save (DC29): 24. He fails by 5, so he's Bruised, and Stunned for 1 round.

GM Fiat: Granite shakes off the stun.

Guardian gets 2HP.

Round 3

Slyph: 25, NPC, Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned

Pyre: 21, NPC, Bruised x3, Staggered, Unconscious, Prone

Guardian: 17, 6HP

The Scarab: 13, 1HP

Professor Fathom: 6, NPC

Granite: 4, NPC, Bruised x3, Staggered, Prone

Granite

Move Action: Stands up from Prone.

Free Action: Extra Effort, to Surge.

Standard Action: Unarmed attack against Guardian. Guardian started with DEF +6 (DC16), then took -5 for All-Out Attack, and -2 for Charging, for a total of DEF -1 (DC9). Granite has +7 Attack. He'll Power Attack for -5/+5.

Granite's attack roll (DC9): 4.

Granite misses, and he already used a Fiat for a re-roll this round.

Round 4

Slyph: 25, NPC, Bruised x2, Staggered, Stunned

Guardian: 17, 6HP, Bruised

Granite: 4, NPC, Bruised x3, Staggered

Professor Fathom and Granite both used Extra Effort last round, so they will become Fatigued at the start of their actions, unless I hand Guardian even more HPs.

Slyph once again uses her entire round recovering from being Stunned.

Round 4

Slyph: 25, NPC, Bruised x2, Staggered

Granite: 4, NPC, Bruised x3, Staggered

Professor Fathom and Granite both used Extra Effort last round, so they will become Fatigued at the start of their actions, unless I hand Guardian even more HPs.

First, Guardian's using an HP to cancel Fatigue.

Guardian

Free Action: All-Out Attack (+5 Attack, -5 Defense)

Standard Action: Attack check vs. Granite (1+11=12). Nat. 1 misses.

Free Action: Surge

Standard Action: Attack check vs. Granite (1+11=12). 1 again, using a HP to reroll (9+11=20). Add 10 to 9, so the result is 30.

Move Action: Moving adjacent to Scarab, to Intercept.

((Edited to fix broken tag))

Granite's Toughness save (DC29): 25. He fails by 4, which is less than 5, so he picks up another Bruised condition.

Round 4

Slyph: 25, NPC, Bruised x2, Staggered

Granite: 4, NPC, Bruised x4, Staggered

The Scarab hits Slyph with a third Mental Blast.

Slyph's Will save (DC28): 10. She fails by 18, which is more than 15, so she's Unconscious.

Round 4

Slyph: 25, NPC, Bruised x2, Staggered, Unconscious

Professor Fathom

GM Fiat: Professor Fathom clears his incoming Fatigue. Guardian gains 1HP.

Free Action: Maintain Concealment.

Move Action: Move adjacent to The Scarab.

Standard Action: Attack The Scarab with Suffocate 8.

I'm going to rule that, since Guardian has no way of seeing the Prof coming, he can't Interpose against this attack.

Fathom's Attack roll (DC20): 16.

GM Fiat: Fathom gets a re-roll.

Fathom's Attack roll (DC20): 21.

The Scarab's Fortitude save (DC18): 20.

The Scarab gains 1HP from the Fiat.

Round 4

Guardian: 17, 7HP, Bruised

The Scarab: 13, 2HP

Granite used Extra Effort last round, so he will become Fatigued at the start of his action, unless I hand Guardian even more HPs.

Granite

GM Fiat: Granite clears his incoming Fatigue. Guardian gains 1HP.

Full Action: Charge against Guardian.

Granite gets +2 Attack and -2 Defense. He'll Power Attack for -5 ATK / +5 DMG. That leaves his Attack at +4.

Granite's Attack roll (DC11): 6.

GM Fiat: Re-roll.

Granite's Attack roll (DC11): 21.

Guardian needs to make a DC33 Toughness save.

Guardian gains 2HP overall from the Fiats.

Round 4

Guardian: 17, 10HP, Bruised

I went ahead and collapsed everyone's actions into one post. That's it for Round 4.

Round 4

Slyph: 25, NPC, Bruised x2, Staggered, Unconscious, Prone

Guardian: 17, 10HP, Bruised x2

I'm a bit confused regarding my HP total. How did I end up with 10?

Slyph once again uses her entire round recovering from being Stunned.

So how did I end up with 10? Immediately preceding that particular post, I burned 2 HP's, clearing Fatigue and to reroll. I then gained another Hero Point from Prof. Fathom clearing his Fatigue, and 2 from Granite, when he cleared his fatigue and rerolled a dice to hit. That would mean I have 7, not 10.

Of course, now I'm burning another HP, to clear Fatigue again, meaning I think I'm at 6.

Also also, isn't Granite Staggered? How did he manage to pull that full round action on me?

Guardian

Free Action: Power Attack (+2 Damage, -2 Attack)

Standard Action: Unarmed attack vs. Granite (17+4=21) DC is 31/Toughness.

I'll do my other actions based on what happens with my attack on Granite. For the same reason, I'm going to refrain from posting in the IC thread until the results are resolved.

You're right that he's Staggered, so he'll have to use Extra Effort to Surge for that Charge. Sorry about that - I totally spaced on it. I'll just let him get Fatigued at the start of his next action (if he's still up by then).

I'll double-check the HP math, and if it's off, I'll let you know.