The SHADOW Falls (OOC)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(01:42:16) Synius: oh no. Quote, you have to stop me. I was just tempted to make the Halle Barry shocking things joke toward the lizard folk. What am I going to do?

(01:42:49) quotemyname: Do it!

(01:42:54) quotemyname: You must

(01:43:18) Synius: but it's evil! It cannot be used without crushing a little piece of my soul

(01:43:23) quotemyname: Things that make me really really really laugh, or cry, or are just plain damn good posts are worth HP, by the way.

As fun as the Team Rocket reveal would be, Grim's gonna go for her specialty; a cheap shot while invisible. She switches her Glamour from Morph to Concealment (should be a free action), moves behind the lizzie holding up the hostage and pulls a "Sneak Attack!" Her Stealth is Auto 33, so let's see her to hit.

Grim Sneak Attack: 1d20+12=28.

Damage Save is DC 27 Toughness for Sneak Attack with Claws

That hits.

Fort DC 21 (1d20+5=24) No.

TOU DC 28 (1d20+12=27) He takes a bruised. Down boy!

IC post incoming.

Initiative and Status

Lizard Men (Savage, Minions) - 29 - NPC - 3 Unharmed

Grimalkin - 28 - 4HP - Unharmed

Jack - 26 - 6HP - Unharmed

Bombshell - 20 - 3HP - Unharmed

High Sorcerer - 20 - NPC - Bruisedx1

Gigawatt - 19 - 2HP - Unharmed

Dark Magician 1 - 19 - NPC - Unharmed

Valkyrie - 13 - 6HP - Unharmed

Pharos - 6 - 3HP - Unharmed

Dark Magician 2 - 5 - NPC - Unharmed

Bombshell is up.

EDIT: I know we've talked about this, but just to make this official, anyone with senses able to detect magic, roll a Notice check.

Okay, I'll have the saves up in a bit. But for now, I want to revise my earlier post.

I know we've talked about this, but just to make this official, anyone with senses able to detect magic, roll a Notice check.

I'm going to call for a notice check from All characters, actually. Those with the appropriate magical senses will be able to pass at a lower DC and get more specific information out of it, but I'm going to make this effect noticeable to all characters. If you make the DC you will receive a PM after your roll.

As you didn't specify which magician you're attacking, (and it really is arbitrary) we'll say the one on the left (Dark Magician 1)

I see now that bombshell has quickchange 2. Very nice! The sorcerer himself can't make that Notice check, so he's FF against this attack. The High Sorcerer cannot pass. The minions cannot pass. Her Secret ID is safe!

27 hits his FF Def provoking a DC 25 save with sneak attack, correct?

TOU DC 25 (1d20+9=15) I won't stand for one of my non-minion bad guys to be staggered on round one.

FIAT: He'll re-roll. TOU DC 25 (re-roll) (1d20.minroll(11)+9=20) God, that still fails by 5! :argh:

He is Bruised and Stunned.

The sorcerer will roll to maintain his Force Field as a Reaction: Rank 9 FF = DC 19 Concentration DC 19 (1d20+11=25) he passes with ease.

This attack produces KB. Rank 10 -4 (KB mod) = rank 6 KB = 50ft. As you "snuck up behind him" I'll say that you Knocked him back towards the side of the room with the mirror on it. He hits the stone wall of the museum. Stone has a Toughness of 5 which is lower than the KB he just suffered, meaning he owes another DC 20 save. TOU DC 20 vs Wall (1d20+8=11) :argh: Bruised and Stunned.

Reaction: Maintain FF: Maintian FF DC 19 (1d20+11=26) passes again

FIAT: Remove the Stun

The wall takes a 10 on its TOU save VS KB. on a DC 21 save, it gets a 15. It is disabled.

Results: Sorcerer now has Bruisedx2, Bombshell earns 2HP, Museum wall disabled.

Initiative and Status

Grimalkin - 28 - 4HP - Unharmed

Bombshell - 20 - 5HP - Unharmed

Dark Magician 1 - 19 - NPC - Bruisedx2

IC post incoming. I'll do the High Sorcerer in a separate post.

High Sorcerer

After doing another look over the stat block I've been using for this guy, I realize that it is RETARTED. KENSON!!! :argh: Every single one of his powers except for his force field is arrayed together including all of his movement and utility powers, and NONE of them are dynamic (and even the force field has an array!) I'm going to just pull a couple powers out of the array and have them just be outside the array so that he can actually do things. Trust me, this is nothing big, it's just going to make the encounter a little better. I'm also replacing his teleport power with Flight. Because having this guy be able to teleport anywhere on earth would be just stupid. He could just grab the mirror and go and this thread would be over.

After all this has been fixed:

Free Action: Take multiple free actions to maintain all powers that require it.

Standard Action: Grapple attack on Jack with Telekinesis: Attack Vs. Jack for Grapple Attempt (1d20+8=21) That's a miss.

GM Fiat: Surge for another standard action

Standard Action: Same attack, this time on Grim: Attack vs. Grim for Telekinesis (1d20+8=20) Another Miss!

Hero Point: Awarded to Grimalkin

Move Action: Fly backwards to float inside the room just above and in front of the doorway.

Free Action: Switch Force Field array to Insubstantial 4.

Initiative and Status

Grimalkin - 28 - 5HP - Unharmed

Dark Magician 1 - 19 - NPC - Bruisedx2

Gigawatt is up after I post this IC update.

Unfortunately, he is not affected by Electricity. The attack passes right through him. Please make your notice check.

The wall behind him makes a TOU save vs your attack. It has +5 and takes a 10 for a 15. If fails your DC 21 save by 6, and is disabled.

Initiative and Status

Dark Magician 1 - 5 - NPC - Bruisedx2

Dark Magician 1 will delay until Dark Magician 2's initiative.

Valkyrie

Vivian is still in her Civvies. That means she is going to follow the rest of the sightseers out into the hallway as they run, and duck into a broom closet to summon her artifacts as she must take a Full Round Action to become Valkyrie. She's finished for the round.

Initiative and Status

??? - 11 - NPC - Unharmed

On Initiative 11, I need everyone to make a Notice Check as a reaction. If you will notice the time stamp on the initiative roll, it was made when the rest of the initiative rolls for the other NPCs were being. The plot thickens!

Once you all make your notice checks (for both this and the one I've previously asked for), we can continue.

I'll have Vivian auto fail this check since I've placed her in a broom closet for the turn.

OK, gang. All the rolls are in. If you've passed, you'll have received a PM telling you what you've seen. If you have not yet received a PM assume you did not pass either of the notice checks.

Initiative and Status

??? - 11 - NPC - Unharmed