"Concert Auditions. Second Floor, 2B" (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gizmo: As per this post in "Me Like Hockey," JackB sees/feels the same type of unknown energy he saw/felt when he brawled with Downtime, pouring out of Z every time she uses her powers (which is damned near every time she moves around or plays her guitar). And I'm almost certain this is only the second time he's ever seen this type of energy.

It's "chronal energy," the energy of Time itself, a theory on the cutting edge of temporal and quantum physics (a theory which Z is living proof of). However, with JackB's +0 INT bonus and complete lack of any ranks in Knowledge (Physical Sciences), he doesn't know any of that.

Gizmo: It didn't even occur to me until you mentioned it the other day, but Jack actually sees two different types of energy in Z - one that she's pumping out every time she moves too fast, which is the same type that Downtime's belt was spitting out, and a different kind that's in her blood, permeating every aspect of her being inside and out. That second type, if he has any frame of reference for it, is Terminus energy.

Yeah, I figured, Shaen. Fortunately, after meeting both Fulcrum and Psyche, and learning that both of their powersets are specifically the result of Terminus energy, he knows it when he sees it.

If he's met Psyche, then he also notices that Z looks and sounds almost exactly like her. Like they could be sisters, maybe even twins.

Okay, so to see what's going on with Gossamer, you need to bet one of these checks.

Stealth (to see the hair tendril) 1d20+7=11.

I'm actually gonna blow an HP here, since it is thin strand of hair and should be hard to see from at least some angles.

Stealth reroll: 1d20+7=19

Heh, I bet a lot of folks will still make that Notice check :D

Gossamer's Bluff is an Auto 17, 21 with Attractive. And many folks will make that on Bluff or Sense Motive. The girl simply must get her social skills up higher!

Eddie could hear the argument between Zoe and Estelle coming from the other room. He took a certain satisfaction in hearing her get scolded. He was the one with the fake ID, but he at least didn't feel it necessary to put that to use when at someone else's house. Especially not for an event like this. Eddie's expression was smug as Zoe walked back into the room.

Eddie Ozan is smug about another teenager's underage drinking. EDDIE. OZAN. :lol:

Check Result: Performance

10: Amateur performance. Audience appreciates your performance, but isn’t impressed.

15: Routine performance. Audience enjoys your performance, but it isn’t exceptional.

20: Great performance. Audience impressed.

25: Memorable performance. Audience enthusiastic.

30: Masterful performance. Audience awed.

Zoe's Perform (Stringed Instruments) check: 31.

Zoe's Perform (Singing) check: 16. Natural "1?" Screw. That.

She'll spend a HP for a re-roll.

Zoe's Perform (Singing) check: 26. Another natural "1?" Invisible Castle, what the HELL?! Fortunately, the "1" becomes an "11."

Nightmares check (DC5): 3. Sweeet. :D So she started the thread with 2HPs. She burned 1HP on the Singing check, and her and Eddie should both get 1HP as soon as they see each other, so as far as I know, she's at 2HP.

Jack spends a HP to stunt a literally electric guitar. Puns! He then spends a second HP to get 5 temporary ranks of Performance (Stringed Instruments) via Beginner's Luck and Jack-of-all-Trades.

Performance (Stringed Instruments) Check. (1d20+11=12) Wut.

Performance (Stringed Instruments) reroll. (1d20.minroll(11) +11=24)

Six seconds later it's technically a new round, so he sends a forth HP to get 5 temporary ranks of Performance (Singing)! Because he can do that.

Performance (Singing) Check. (1d20 +11=18) Go for broke!

Performance (Singing) reroll. (1d20.minroll(11) +11=28) He'll use Extra Effort to get +2 on that, pushing up to 30.

When all is said and done, he's spent all 5 HP and is now fatigued, but he pulls of a great guitar performance and a masterful signing performance.

When all is said and done, he's spent all 5 HP and is now fatigued, but he pulls of a great guitar performance and a masterful signing performance.

Wow. In someways, I feel stupid for having Gossamer actually spend skill points on Perform. HP are both best thing and sometimes the worst thing about M&M :roll:

Just wait until you get smacked in the face by a Variable Power entitled Music Mastery ;)

For my part, whenever it comes up:

Music Mastery: Hangar 18 (Megadeath) Solo Argument Duet with Rift. (Alternate solo's back and forth).

Enhanced Skills 3 [3pp]

- Perform Stringed Instruments 12

Enhanced Feats 2 [2pp]

- Ultimate Effort (Perform [stringed Instruments])

- Ultimate Effort (Perform [singing])

I'm not even going to bother with the other 3pp ;)

There are no less than seven Guitar Solo's in that song. The two will alternate solo sections back and forth, finishing the last one together.

Eddie will spend 2HP on his Ultimate Effort Feats and rack up a 42 on singing, and a 41 on Stringed Instruments.

Maestro, eat your heart out :D

EDIT

on second thought, I will spend some more points ;)

Music Mastery: Hangar 18 (Megadeath) Solo Argument Duet with Rift. (Alternate solo's back and forth).

Enhanced Skills 3 [3pp]

- Perform Stringed Instruments 12

Enhanced Feats 2 [2pp]

- Ultimate Effort (Perform [stringed Instruments])

- Ultimate Effort (Perform [singing])

Enhanced Charisma 18 [18pp]

That allows BD to hit a whopping 51 on singing and a 50 on Guitar.