Interested in a storyline? (Redux)

Heridfel

Hey there again,

That storyline that I spoke about before is taking place, though I believe that the hero who was involved has dropped out. I'm still accepting people for that storyline, but I have two more ideas planned that I would like to see if anyone is interested in.

1) Time travel hijinks! Through cosmic radiation, bad luck, super-powers interacting strangely, and maybe a little bit of pixie dust, a few people have traveled back in time to the early '70s. It's before the Iron Age, before the Terminus Invasion, and all of you know a lot about how "the future" will unfold unless you do something. Do you try to change history for the better, or just try to get home? Centurion and Dr. Tomorrow will be involved on the hero side, while the villains who might be interested in this information will remain more shadowy.

2) There's a newcomer to Freedom City, and she just captured a villain using his own powers against him. There's a chance now for you to mentor this heroine, and figure out where she came from and why she's come to Freedom City to practice her brand of justice.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there again,

That storyline that I spoke about before is taking place, though I believe that the hero who was involved has dropped out. I'm still accepting people for that storyline, but I have two more ideas planned that I would like to see if anyone is interested in.

1) Time travel hijinks! Through cosmic radiation, bad luck, super-powers interacting strangely, and maybe a little bit of pixie dust, a few people have traveled back in time to the early '70s. It's before the Iron Age, before the Terminus Invasion, and all of you know a lot about how "the future" will unfold unless you do something. Do you try to change history for the better, or just try to get home? Centurion and Dr. Tomorrow will be involved on the hero side, while the villains who might be interested in this information will remain more shadowy.

2) There's a newcomer to Freedom City, and she just captured a villain using his own powers against him. There's a chance now for you to mentor this heroine, and figure out where she came from and why she's come to Freedom City to practice her brand of justice.

Hey there again,

Both of them work for PL 6 or PL 10, though I intend to have my villain PC involved as part of the time travel storyline. The other one (befriending a new heroine) is more suited for heroes, but because most players here are heroes, that's not a problem. I'll see about starting up that second one for MarkK and Cosmicarus. If I can get one other villain for the time travel, I'll have 2 of each. If not, two heroes and one villain will also work. We probably won't be fighting one another, except to enter the scenario (and possibly, to exit it).

Both of them work for PL 6 or PL 10, though I intend to have my villain PC involved as part of the time travel storyline. The other one (befriending a new heroine) is more suited for heroes, but because most players here are heroes, that's not a problem. I'll see about starting up that second one for MarkK and Cosmicarus. If I can get one other villain for the time travel, I'll have 2 of each. If not, two heroes and one villain will also work. We probably won't be fighting one another, except to enter the scenario (and possibly, to exit it).

I would be very interested in having Grim go back in time; I grew up watching Doctor Who on public television here in the States, and have had a soft spot for time-travel stories ever since. If anything, Grim is in need of mentoring herself, so I'm not sure if that storyline would work so well, though maybe in a sort of sisterly way, I suppose; if you think it could work, I'm down for both, with a definite on the time travel and a strong maybe on the mentoring thing.

I would be very interested in having Grim go back in time; I grew up watching Doctor Who on public television here in the States, and have had a soft spot for time-travel stories ever since. If anything, Grim is in need of mentoring herself, so I'm not sure if that storyline would work so well, though maybe in a sort of sisterly way, I suppose; if you think it could work, I'm down for both, with a definite on the time travel and a strong maybe on the mentoring thing.

Three heroes and one poor ol' villain is a bit lopsided, but I think I can deal with that. So here's what we have right now:

Emissary and Valkyrie: Mentoring of a new heroine

Velocity, Teke, Grim, and Icarus: Time travel back to the '70s.

I promised that I'd start the mentoring storyline before the time travel one, and I don't think I'll have the gumption to put up either tonight. Expect Friday for mentoring, and Saturday or Sunday for time travel. If any of the people who will be involved in one of those storylines would like to start meeting up IC to help set the scene, I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks you guys!

Three heroes and one poor ol' villain is a bit lopsided, but I think I can deal with that. So here's what we have right now:

I promised that I'd start the mentoring storyline before the time travel one, and I don't think I'll have the gumption to put up either tonight. Expect Friday for mentoring, and Saturday or Sunday for time travel. If any of the people who will be involved in one of those storylines would like to start meeting up IC to help set the scene, I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks you guys!