Trick-or-Treat! (OOC)

Barnum

This is just an informational response to make sure everyone understands what is going on. I probably won't be able to update the game until tomorrow.

Well, I think I'll try countering the entangle on Freedom Eagle by ripping the bandages off of him. Strength and such. Does the superstrength bonus add here, as far as ripping the bandages up?

It sure does. It's an opposed power check: 1d20+14 mummy vs 1d20+Str bonus+Super Strength Ranks you.

Edit: Actually, who would look to be in more danger? Raindance from the potential suffocation, or Freedom Eagle if he falls to the ground from his wings being gummed up? Affects my action.

Suffocation, definitely.

I would like to spend a hero point to acquire Gravity Control 12 (Flaw: Touch Range) on myself as an alternate power for Freedom Eagle's flight. I think that makes sense; after all, Freedom Eagle's flight does have an anti-gravity descriptor! Does that work for you, Barnum?

That would work for me, totally, but it is unnecessary. Since you didn't buy any power loss drawbacks on your flight, the wings are just "flavor." Being snared will not cause you to fall. Since you failed the save by more than 4, you are "helpless" (p. 171) and cannot move (assume that all your "movement" is being spend keeping yourself aloft).

Also, since you failed your save and are snared, the snares "constriction" extra kicks in. Make a toughness save vs. DC 22 (it's a +7 lethal attack).

vs 24. (1d20+6=18) Failed the Fortitude roll.

vs 10. (1d20+2=10) Passed the Con check at DC10 - just.

Okay, you are still being suffocated. Next round you will have to make another Con check, this time the DC is +1, so DC 11.

OOC: Aggressive Stance, Charge, Power Attack 5. Makes me +9 to hit, +15 Damage, but -6 on defense.

Rolled a.....12! Grrrr! Okay I am spending my HP to reroll. Much better a 28.

Everyone, if you want to use a HP to reroll, do just what H4H did and go ahead an reroll (if you're sure you failed). Please post a link to both rolls and make sure you note in the new roll that it is a HP reroll.

And just so it's clear. If Freedom Eagle wants to break free of the Snare, we will use the rules given in the power's description: trying to break an object, Toughness 14. Anyone else trying to unwind the tangle of "bandages" can try to counter the power.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just an informational response to make sure everyone understands what is going on. I probably won't be able to update the game until tomorrow.

Well, I think I'll try countering the entangle on Freedom Eagle by ripping the bandages off of him. Strength and such. Does the superstrength bonus add here, as far as ripping the bandages up?

It sure does. It's an opposed power check: 1d20+14 mummy vs 1d20+Str bonus+Super Strength Ranks you.

Edit: Actually, who would look to be in more danger? Raindance from the potential suffocation, or Freedom Eagle if he falls to the ground from his wings being gummed up? Affects my action.

Suffocation, definitely.

I would like to spend a hero point to acquire Gravity Control 12 (Flaw: Touch Range) on myself as an alternate power for Freedom Eagle's flight. I think that makes sense; after all, Freedom Eagle's flight does have an anti-gravity descriptor! Does that work for you, Barnum?

That would work for me, totally, but it is unnecessary. Since you didn't buy any power loss drawbacks on your flight, the wings are just "flavor." Being snared will not cause you to fall. Since you failed the save by more than 4, you are "helpless" (p. 171) and cannot move (assume that all your "movement" is being spend keeping yourself aloft).

Also, since you failed your save and are snared, the snares "constriction" extra kicks in. Make a toughness save vs. DC 22 (it's a +7 lethal attack).

vs 24. (1d20+6=18) Failed the Fortitude roll.

vs 10. (1d20+2=10) Passed the Con check at DC10 - just.

Okay, you are still being suffocated. Next round you will have to make another Con check, this time the DC is +1, so DC 11.

OOC: Aggressive Stance, Charge, Power Attack 5. Makes me +9 to hit, +15 Damage, but -6 on defense.

Rolled a.....12! Grrrr! Okay I am spending my HP to reroll. Much better a 28.

Everyone, if you want to use a HP to reroll, do just what H4H did and go ahead an reroll (if you're sure you failed). Please post a link to both rolls and make sure you note in the new roll that it is a HP reroll.

And just so it's clear. If Freedom Eagle wants to break free of the Snare, we will use the rules given in the power's description: trying to break an object, Toughness 14. Anyone else trying to unwind the tangle of "bandages" can try to counter the power.

Yow. Well, hopefully Raindance is at least now out of being suffocated (my roll to bust him out of it was pretty decent).

Okay; just to put this out there before the posts for next round starts, assuming a bunch of us are still up and Freedom Eagle can bust out of the Entangle, I don't think continuing to toss off individual attacks and hoping the Mummy will roll low is going to get us much of anywhere other than getting picked off one at a time. Hybrid to swing for 15 has had to /seriously/ expose himself, fer instance. Barring the Mummy indeed rolling really low and getting KO'd by his punch, in which case, um, don't mind me..

So, these are just some suggestions;

1) Raindance shifts everything into blast, and power attacks for 15, spending a hero point for a reroll if he misses. The rest of us similarly attack as part of a combined attack with such. If even only two other people hit out of everyone that tries, that's a damage bonus of +19, which from how things look, should at least get us a bruised result, which lowers further toughness saves. If one more person besides manages to hit.. etc.

2) Everyone grapples the Mummy, should result in a +8 aid bonus to a pretty salutary grapple check that I have. Which, given the Mummy's gargantuan size, could mean I can then fly him up into the sky, flip around, and fall such that his giant mummy head takes all the falling damage (which could be quite a lot). Asked the Ref, and he noted it being entirely possible to do.

The massive combo attack is probably the safer of the two options, mind you.

Anyway, these are just some ideas, seemed like it would be better to float them out there before the next round starts in case the Mummy isn't knocked out.

Yow. Well, hopefully Raindance is at least now out of being suffocated (my roll to bust him out of it was pretty decent).

Okay; just to put this out there before the posts for next round starts, assuming a bunch of us are still up and Freedom Eagle can bust out of the Entangle, I don't think continuing to toss off individual attacks and hoping the Mummy will roll low is going to get us much of anywhere other than getting picked off one at a time. Hybrid to swing for 15 has had to /seriously/ expose himself, fer instance. Barring the Mummy indeed rolling really low and getting KO'd by his punch, in which case, um, don't mind me..

1) Raindance shifts everything into blast, and power attacks for 15, spending a hero point for a reroll if he misses. The rest of us similarly attack as part of a combined attack with such. If even only two other people hit out of everyone that tries, that's a damage bonus of +19, which from how things look, should at least get us a bruised result, which lowers further toughness saves. If one more person besides manages to hit.. etc.

2) Everyone grapples the Mummy, should result in a +8 aid bonus to a pretty salutary grapple check that I have. Which, given the Mummy's gargantuan size, could mean I can then fly him up into the sky, flip around, and fall such that his giant mummy head takes all the falling damage (which could be quite a lot). Asked the Ref, and he noted it being entirely possible to do.

Anyway, these are just some ideas, seemed like it would be better to float them out there before the next round starts in case the Mummy isn't knocked out.

Freedom Eagle,

Since I need to know the result of your toughness save before I can roll the mummy's power check, I'm going to roll your toughness save for you rather than wait. You made it, even without your Defensive Roll.

Raindance,

You are still being suffocated. Con check vs. DC 11, please.

Everyone,

The mummy is now stunned until I post for him again. Pound away!

Freedom Eagle,

Since I need to know the result of your toughness save before I can roll the mummy's power check, I'm going to roll your toughness save for you rather than wait. You made it, even without your Defensive Roll.

Raindance,

Everyone,

Freedom Eagle,

Raindance,

Everyone,