Trick-or-Treat! (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velocity,

It’s not a big deal this time, but in the future I am going to need to know (at least in basic terms) where on the map you stopped). You can write that into your next IC post, or leave me a note here in the OOC thread.

Raindance,

I figure running Cold and Distraction at Rank 3 each (25 ft radius) should be enough to cover the mummy, right? If so, I'll put the other points in the Dynamic Array into Air Control, just in case I have to deflect some falling masonry from some bystanders. If not, I'll run whatever rank of each is necessary to cover the mummy without impeding anyone else too much.

Technically, you can’t unleash Distraction and Cold at the same time, because they are both standard actions. Also, your OOC text says Distraction, but your IC post seems to indicate that you are using Hamper Movement. So . . . let’s assume that you put 3 ranks (6 pts) into Hamper Movement (since the monster will be unaffected by Distraction and Cold ;) )and the rest into Air Control. The creature’s movement is reduced to ¼ as long as it stays in the 25’ radius.

Also, in the future, trying something like this: using a rank 3 power at the extreme end of your range (~300’ = 10 Range Increments) while not freezing an adjacent friend will require an attack roll.

Emissary,

Yeah, you can grab them up and swoop down the street, no problem. When you move back onto the map in the next turn, let me know where you decide to stop.

congyoglas,

I need to know how high up you are going. It could be important for calculating the mummy’s elongation, range increments on ranged powers, how much damage you will take if you fall, etc. For this round, I’m going to assume that you are less than 200’ above the mummy’s head. [Edit] He missed so it's moot this time around.

Also, Endlessflight wants to keep the language to PG, i.e. something you might find on a Saturday morning cartoon. :)

hero4hire,

You have enough “actions†to get done what you’re trying to get done.

The heroes are up!

Velocity,

It’s not a big deal this time, but in the future I am going to need to know (at least in basic terms) where on the map you stopped). You can write that into your next IC post, or leave me a note here in the OOC thread.

Raindance,

I figure running Cold and Distraction at Rank 3 each (25 ft radius) should be enough to cover the mummy, right? If so, I'll put the other points in the Dynamic Array into Air Control, just in case I have to deflect some falling masonry from some bystanders. If not, I'll run whatever rank of each is necessary to cover the mummy without impeding anyone else too much.

Technically, you can’t unleash Distraction and Cold at the same time, because they are both standard actions. Also, your OOC text says Distraction, but your IC post seems to indicate that you are using Hamper Movement. So . . . let’s assume that you put 3 ranks (6 pts) into Hamper Movement (since the monster will be unaffected by Distraction and Cold ;) )and the rest into Air Control. The creature’s movement is reduced to ¼ as long as it stays in the 25’ radius.

Also, in the future, trying something like this: using a rank 3 power at the extreme end of your range (~300’ = 10 Range Increments) while not freezing an adjacent friend will require an attack roll.

Emissary,

Yeah, you can grab them up and swoop down the street, no problem. When you move back onto the map in the next turn, let me know where you decide to stop.

congyoglas,

I need to know how high up you are going. It could be important for calculating the mummy’s elongation, range increments on ranged powers, how much damage you will take if you fall, etc. For this round, I’m going to assume that you are less than 200’ above the mummy’s head. [Edit] He missed so it's moot this time around.

Also, Endlessflight wants to keep the language to PG, i.e. something you might find on a Saturday morning cartoon. :)

hero4hire,

The heroes are up!

Velocity,

Raindance,

Emissary,

congyoglas,

hero4hire,

The heroes are up!

Velocity's action is a move by action strike, using Power Attack to drop her attack by 2, making her damage +12

She will move halfway between 59th and 60th (assuming there is no big crowd of people there, if there is, she will try to move somewhere that people have cleared out from if the mummy pursued her).

Velocity's action is a move by action strike, using Power Attack to drop her attack by 2, making her damage +12

She will move halfway between 59th and 60th (assuming there is no big crowd of people there, if there is, she will try to move somewhere that people have cleared out from if the mummy pursued her).

Arg! Didn't post fast enough for my notion of trying a combined attack action with as many people as would be willing to join in.

Oh well.

I don't suppose you'd be amenable to changing Velocity's post thusly Thevshi? If not, that's entirely fine, I'll change my own to something else completely.

Just seemed like worth giving a shot.

Arg! Didn't post fast enough for my notion of trying a combined attack action with as many people as would be willing to join in.

Oh well.

I don't suppose you'd be amenable to changing Velocity's post thusly Thevshi? If not, that's entirely fine, I'll change my own to something else completely.

Oh well.

Noted. :)

Is it possible to maintain the blizzard and switch to Blast?

You're probably gathering at this point I'm not great with the rules beyond character creation. :D

You're probably gathering at this point I'm not great with the rules beyond character creation. :D

If you bought it at dynamic, should be fine, you just have to split up the ranks of what you have going so that all adds up to 10.

So if your blizzard is at 3, your blast would be at 7 for instance. Though you could also power attack for it to hit for 12.

That's my read anywho, don't mind me if it's totally off base, just trying to be helpful if I can.

edit: Didn't roll attack yet mostly off of waiting to see if the combo attack can be done, if not, I'll be trying something else.

If you bought it at dynamic, should be fine, you just have to split up the ranks of what you have going so that all adds up to 10.

So if your blizzard is at 3, your blast would be at 7 for instance. Though you could also power attack for it to hit for 12.

That's my read anywho, don't mind me if it's totally off base, just trying to be helpful if I can.

edit: Didn't roll attack yet mostly off of waiting to see if the combo attack can be done, if not, I'll be trying something else.

I'm definitely in for the combined attack, should it go through.

Let's rearrange points so I'm maintaining the blizzard at Weather Control 3 and Blast 7.

Okay, going to use Flight to gain some altitude and get my Favoured Environment to apply. I should be able to approach to within 70 feet (range increment of Blast 7).

Using All-Out Attack, I'm going to lower Defense by 5 to increase attack by 5.

Attack +7, Favoured Environment +1, All-Out Attack +5 so +14 to attack.

+14 for All-Out Attack and Favoured Environment. (1d20+14=24)

EDIT: Whoops. Since I forgot Favoured Environment is +1 not +2, that should be 23.

Let's rearrange points so I'm maintaining the blizzard at Weather Control 3 and Blast 7.

Okay, going to use Flight to gain some altitude and get my Favoured Environment to apply. I should be able to approach to within 70 feet (range increment of Blast 7).

EDIT: Whoops. Since I forgot Favoured Environment is +1 not +2, that should be 23.

Getting in on the combined attack as well!

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1350606

Freedom Eagle hits again with another full-on power attack. Barnum, Freedom Eagle is continuing to move out of the creature's reach as much as possible; he can move 5000' in a move action, after all, and he'll stay as high as necessary to avoid the attacks the monster is using. One thing he will do is keep himself between the creature and the other heroes, or at least the civilians; if it's going to hit anything, or be focused on anything, it's going to be the flying guy.

(At least, that's the plan...)

Freedom Eagle hits again with another full-on power attack. Barnum, Freedom Eagle is continuing to move out of the creature's reach as much as possible; he can move 5000' in a move action, after all, and he'll stay as high as necessary to avoid the attacks the monster is using. One thing he will do is keep himself between the creature and the other heroes, or at least the civilians; if it's going to hit anything, or be focused on anything, it's going to be the flying guy.