A Case of Mistaken Identity IC

Dark Star resisted the urge to scowl at Jack of All Blades, it wouldn't do any good. Not that anyone could see it on his face anyway. He continued to look at their 'copy'. "Let us simplify matters then if things have gotten complicated. Please listen to her," he said, nodding in Stesha's direction. "No one, well almost no one, wants this to devolve into senseless violence. Elaboration and not short answers are what's needed here." He certainly didn't and he hoped Jack didn't though he couldn't tell.

Phantom tilted her head to the side, her hood shifting before she reached up to push it back from her head and then pushed her mask down as well around her neck. She spoke quickly, rapidly, in Cantonese first, ""

She touched the Eye at her throat and glanced at her husband, giving him a small nod. Phantom didn't know how but even her small sliver of uncertainty was gone now.

JJ sighed this was precisely what he had been trying to avoid but there was little use now. The the group assembled before him he had little choice but to acquiesce. He replied first in Cantonese as well, <"Very well."> though he took a step back from Avenger as he spoke, <"I must take pre-cautions however."> Returning his attention to the rest of the gathered crowd he made a small nod as he excused himself with a simple, "Be seeing you."

He made a quick gesture as he spoke a simple phrase of power to open the ways to himself, "eo occultus mores." Then a small slit of light formed slicing through the air to his right to open into a small portal which he stepped through and into Jack and Taylors Living Room the portal sealing immediately behind him.

"Phantom, Dark Star, Fleur, you should get back to where we started. Will discuss everything there, with...you-know-who." Avenger hmmed, staring off into space for a moment. "Best to cover our tracks against magical detection." He pointed to Erik. "Suggest you either keep your mouth closed or leave the immediate area." He started counting down out loud, ticking quietly on his fingers. "Thirty...twenty-nine..."

"Woah-ho, you can count backwards, too? Truly your skill set is vast and intimidating," Jack of all Blades drawled dryly as Avenger. "C'mon, you know I'm genetically incapable of keeping my mouth shut, and, not to be petulant, but y'know, I was here first." The swordsman shrugged amiably. "Look, go deal with your stuff. If you need a hand with anything, you know where to find me, much to my eternal chagrin." Inwardly, he was curious about just what was going on, but clearly there were personal issues at stake, and he was perfectly willing to give those involved their privacy.

"Thank you, Jack," Fleur said, turning her smile on him. "We appreciate it, but I think it's going to be fine. It's just that some things need to be taken care of in private, as I'm sure you understand. I hope you weren't inconvenienced in any way by getting caught up in this. Do you need a lift anywhere?" She tossed a seed onto the ground, which grew immediately into a long green vine that coiled itself into the air near Jack of all Blades as if ascending a trellis.

The swashbuckler blinked at the animated vines. Even after all this time, the variety and general strangeness of his peers' powersets continued to find new ways to surprise him. "Nah, thanks anyway, Sprouts. I was in the middle of a patrol in the first place. Somebody's gotta catch the pursesnatchers while you wacky folks safeguard the fabric of reality or whatever, right?" Drawing and firing his grapple at a streetlamp on the street below, Jack waved jauntily as he departed. "Cheers, all. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" With a lighthearted chuckle, the fencer was swinging away in the West End night.

"Ten...nine...eight...thank you, Fleur..." Somewhat to Jack's relief, Stesha had persuaded Eric to get out of the way. "Teleporters, time to go..." As Erik looked back from his swing at the noise, he saw a torrent of bats descend from nowhere out of the Freedom City sky, blanketing the rooftop in a rush of wings and shrieks that blocked sight, sound, and more, even blotting out his magical sensing abilities. When the storm cleared, the rooftop where he'd just stood was empty.