1.21 Gigawatts [IC]

Taylor chuckled at her husband, "It doesn't quite work like that. JJ, here, is one possibility of a multitude. Actually more of a probability than a possibility but still, time can change. He's a trunk line existence. Which means that its more likely there will be minor changes than major changes but it is still always possible for the future to jump to a completely other trunk line and move forward. That doesn't mean that this JJ will stop existing, just that he'll be part of a different future dimension such as an Earth Prime 1e designation and...."

She saw the series of blank looks she was starting to get and sighed, "Timey wimey wibbly wobbly ball of stuff," Taylor quoted although it was unlikely that anyone in this crowd but her adult son would get the reference. "It means that you shouldn't rest on your laurels but you can probably crank the paranoia back down a notch."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JJ mad a noncommittal shrugging motion. "I'm not so sure about that actually." he said nervously. "I mean its not like there's a version of you in some shard dimension." he clarified, "Hence my concern about causing to much disruption to the time line. I mean its pretty robust but I don't know if a split can happen with either of our existences really."

He looked with a smile to Avenger, "But despite what I'll be saying in about thirteen years you did a good job."

Dark Star just accepted it as truth once Taylor confirmed that the young man before them was their temporally displaced son. It was good enough for him. He relaxed fully, no longer concerned. He didn't know much about alternate dimensions but temporal science was closer to his own knowledge base and he could at least follow along. "While I'm certainly glad we didn't harm you, the truth is always easier. As for the temporal disturbances, it's too late. Simply by existing in this time, you've created a new timeline. It might be so close as to your old one to be almost imperceptibly different but it is still different." He looked between the baby and the adult version of the same person. "While we still need to worry about the younger you, the question does arise about you. While it might be possible to send you forward in time, I would place rather strong odds that that future timeline isn't going to be the exact same one you left. I suppose we could try working with Doctor Archeville to shunt the travel to a different temporal branch, but our odds of success aren't exactly overwhelming. I'm afraid you might be stuck here. Not that that's a bad thing mind you," he said quickly.

JJ nodded, "Yes as soon as I arrived disturbances started though my personal time line is likely robust enough that what has happened so far is of minimal impact." He agreed. He was thoughtful for a moment however, "Some time lines don't branch. Its rare but it happens they are locked in each moment progressing to the next no variations sprouting new lines." he explained further. He shrugged with a small sigh, "I admit limited expertise in temporal travel it wasn't covered extensively in my studies thus far but dimensionally speaking I am unique. That also means that unless I can see to it that My existence here is secured changes to the time line will change my past paradoxically." he further elucidated, "Or at least its possible" he did not mention the effect such a paradox could incur on a broader scale.

"We're not all going to die. I still can't believe that we're not all going to die!" Avenger looked really quite pleased by this bit of news. "I was sure at least one of us would be killed by our enemies in the future," he confessed. "But if you're here, and so cheerful...well, this is wonderful!" He clapped his son on the arm, then said out loud, "But what are we going to do with you now that you're here?"