Barnum

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Sea ... ty_Sheriff

"Seagal is currently a deputy sheriff of his home community of Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. In November 2008, A&E announced that they have begun filming Steven Seagal: Lawman, a reality show that follows his on- and off-duty work in the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office. Seagal stated that 'I’ve decided to work with A&E on this series now because I believe it’s important to show the nation all the positive work being accomplished here in Louisianaâ€â€to see the passion and commitment that comes from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office in this post-Katrina environment.'"

I'm both afraid to see that, and afraid to miss it.

I couldn't agree more.

• 1 month later...

A few days ago, I happened to see this on the Cartoon Network schedule for this weekend, though it appears episode #4 is the one being aired.

The Super Hero Squad Show is an animated television series by Marvel Animation. It is based on the Marvel Super Hero Squad action figure line from Hasbro. The series' animation is produced by Film Roman.

The series takes place all over the world, but the Marvel heroes live in Superhero City while the villains live in Villainville. The season-long plot involves pieces of the Infinity Sword being scattered across the globe during Iron Man's fight with Doctor Doom. Now Doctor Doom plans to gather the pieces so he can rule the universe. Iron Man however plans to stop Doctor Doom and his villainous allies with his Super Hero Squad consisting of Captain America, Falcon, Hulk, Reptil, Silver Surfer, Thor, and Wolverine.

Here's the trailer.

Anyone else seen this?

EDIT: Yes, there's a TV Tropes page for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bad news, everyone: according to the B:tBatB Facebook page, "New episodes previously announced for February have been postponed indefinitely, including this week. We'll keep you updated when Cartoon Network announces the new schedule."

Doubly sad: this week's ep would've featured the Batman of planet Zur En Arrh, who would be voiced by Kevin Conroy. There's also to be a "Batman hunts down the man who murdered his parents" ep, with The Stranger Phantom (Kevin Conroy) & The Specter (Mark Hammil), and Adam West & Julie Newmar as Thomas & Martha Wayne.

Bad news, everyone: according to the B:tBatB Facebook page, "New episodes previously announced for February have been postponed indefinitely, including this week. We'll keep you updated when Cartoon Network announces the new schedule."

Who cares? I've always thought that show was a step in the wrong direction. The last thing I've ever thought the Batfranchise needed was a callback to the days of Adam West and Carmine Infantino.

Doubly sad: this week's ep would've featured the Batman of planet Zur En Arrh, who would be voiced by Kevin Conroy. There's also to be a "Batman hunts down the man who murdered his parents" ep, with The Stranger Phantom (Kevin Conroy) & The Specter (Mark Hammil), and Adam West & Julie Newmar as Thomas & Martha Wayne.

:shock: Um...withdrawn.

Is this a classroom? 'Cause I just got schooled.

• 1 month later...

New eps of Batman: The Brave & the Bold return tomorrow night.

I saw the "Chill of the Night" ep on YouTube about 10 minutes ago, and I still haven't picked my jaw up from off the floor.

I hear ya. It was one of the best episodes yet. Plus, it had Phantom Stranger!
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two new shows of interest coming this fall: The Cape (on NBC) and No Ordinary Family (on ABC).

PLOT

The series, set in the fictional metropolis of Palm City, follows an innocent cop who has been framed for a crime he did not commit and then left for dead after he is caught. He is eventually saved by a circus ringleader who prepares him with special abilities to defend himself against his foes. Separated from his wife and son, he tries to clear his name while protecting them from being killed if he was ever reported alive. He takes the law into his own hands by taking the guise of his son's favorite comic book hero, The Cape, after he is given a special suit that has unique capabilities. Vowing to get rid of the corruption that has taken over both the city and the police force, he goes after the person responsible for setting him up and causing his "demise."

CAST

* David Lyons as The Cape – the alias of Vince Faraday, an honest cop who is believed to have died after he was framed for a series of murders.

* Jennifer Ferrin as Dana Faraday – Vince's wife, who believes her husband has died.

* Ryan Wynott as Trip Faraday – Vince's son, who idolizes The Cape and who Vince hopes will give him the belief that there are good people out there.

* James Frain as Chess – the alter ego of billionaire Peter Fleming, and The Cape's nemesis. He was responsible for framing Vince for the murders.

* Keith David as Max Malini – the ringleader of a circus gang of bank robbers who mentors Vince after he saved him and trains the cop to be The Cape.

* Summer Glau as Orwell – an investigative blogger who wages war on crime and corruption in Palm City. She becomes Vince's ally and helps him.

* Dorian Missick as Marty Voyt – a former police detective and friend to Faraday

* Vinnie Jones as Scales – a frightening man with a freakish skin condition that gives him the appearance of green and gold scales.

PLOT

The show centers on the Powell family, a typical American family, whose members gain special abilities after their plane crash lands into the Amazon River.

CAST

* Michael Chiklis as Jim Powell – a police artist who is super-strong, bullet proof, and can leap tall buildings

* Julie Benz as Stephanie Powell – a scientist with super speed

* Kay Panabaker as Daphne Powell – a teenager with telepathy

* Jimmy Bennett as JJ Powell – a teenager with vast intelligence

* Tate Donovan as Mitch McCutcheon

* Romany Malco as George St. Cloud

* Autumn Reeser as Katie Andrews

* Christina Chang as Det. Yvonne Cho

* Stephen Collins as Dr. Dayton King

* Josh Stewart as Watcher

From G4's coverage of Comic-Con, it looks like Cape will be a superhero show, but Family will be a show about people with powers.

• 4 weeks later...