What do you like to watch? [Random TV Thread]

Barnum

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I keep meaning to get into Bones -- a friend raves about it -- but I'm almost never able to catch it. Thank goodness for Netflix! :)

Wow! Just watched the season finale of Bones. Never saw that coming!

:nono:

No spoilers for those who are still catching up. *eyes Heritage*

But wow! Never saw that coming . . .

I've been in Ireland for the past month and if anything sucks here..it's the television o.O Not that I typically watch much anyway.

I can't wait to catch up on all the Burn notice I missed though! And I can't wait for the new season of Weeds to come out. Anyone ever seen that? Downright hilarious although fairly messed up.

I hate all police shows...although its entertaining to watch things like CSI or Law and Order and yell at all the things they get wrong. At least L&O tries..CSI is like watching the suicide of attempted reality T_T

• 11 months later...

Buy a Subway sub, save CHUCK

NBC must renew Chuck. I think I've been pretty clear about this. It's not an option. NBC must renew it. Forget logic. Screw ratings. And [frack] all about Jay Leno five nights a week. I've never done any of the useless standing out in front of a studio with a picket sign to save a TV show. Mostly because those displays of 20 - 30 people who should be at their jobs instead of trying to save their beloved programming simply never work...and are sort of sad actually. Letter writing is still a fairly stirring, but usually fruitless endeavor. On the other hand, some of the more inventive campaigns to save shows have been rightly aimed at sponsors of shows. They may not all work, but if you're going to take the time and energy to try to get a show renewed, do it in a smart way at least.

A buddy of mine informed me today that there's a plan this coming Monday to show support for Chuck by buying a sandwich at Subway. Further investigation has lead me right to a couple of fansites, Zachary-Levi.com and ChuckTV.net. The former site lists six things you can do to help the show out:

Admittedly, I'm not going to do probably two of those things. But basically it boils down to this at the least: watch the season finale, buy a Footlong. You can even go crazy and watch the finale while eating your Footlong. It's a focused plan to target a sponsor - in a good way - and show love for your show. This plan has even made it to various outlets such as Time and the LA Times. So if you're a fan of the show and want to see it back for Season 3, do your civic responsibility and grab a sandwich.

In the meantime, enjoy this wholly relevant picture of Yvonne Strahovski.

Thanks to Tricia for helping me get my facts straight.

Hmmmm. It's interesting how people try to save shows this time of year. I personally never got into Chuck when it was first aired. Something about the story didn't click with me.

I hope the plan works though, since I hate seeing shows that people love get canceled. I've lost ton of shows over the years and I admit that they might not have been "mainstream" enough keep a following, but perhaps it is time for the TV networks to adopt a different system for TV shows in the States.

Here in Japan they do shows based on seasons. Each season is limited to a certain number of episodes. Spring and Fall would be about 11-12 episodes while Winter and Summer are about 8 episodes. The remianing weeks of the year are filled with seasonal specials of game shows or other programming.

At first, I didliked the system, but it soon grew on me as it eliminated Rerun, something I think most people despise anyway. Of course, after the show had been completed, the networks would show those old shows daily, early in the afternoon so popular shows could be seen again. I think this would work out pretty well in the States considering the success of shows like 24.

Of course, getting people to switch over is going to be difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I'm a rigorous TV monkey when it comes to the following series:

• [*:51jf58qf]House
    [*:51jf58qf]Dexter

I do also make a point of purchasing Heroes whenver I can, which is rarely. Somewhere in the depths of my psyche I'm also brewing up a master plan to acquire Black Adder. My brother has taken a fancy to Supernatural, which I must admit isn't entirely too terrible, but it has altogether too many fillers for my taste; in comparison, Heroes always seemed to have a greate goal in mind, which I like quite a lot, but then again I've only seen the first season.

CHUCK's been renewed for 13 eps.

DOLLHOUSE has been renewed.

FRINGE was renewed.

SUPERNATURAL will have a fifth season. :)

SMALLVILLE will have a ninth :?

MEDIUM was dropped by NBC, but immediately picked up by CBS.

The second half of the third season of EUREKA should start in July.

WAREHOUSE 13 also starts in July.

TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES has been canned.

QFT. The 7th was supposed to be the last one, but they talked most of the cast into coming back for another season. They only got Kreuk (Lana) for a quarter of the eps, and didn't get Rosenbaum (Lex) at all.

Looks like they can't let go. I enjoy Smallville but last season had so many points missing between episodes it was a shame. Still, I'll be watching it for as long as it's on air.

I've never been a huge "big blue" fan, so even though I like Super Heroes and Comic Books, I never got into Smallville. It seems like, the older I get there are more shows that "sound like I'd be into them" -but when they actually get to air, I find that I can't be bothered. Not sure why that is...

SMALLVILLE's ninth (and allegedly final) season will air on Fridays at 8:00 PM this Fall.

FRINGE was moved to Thursdays at 9:00 PM.

No word on if REAPER is continuing, though two of its creators signed a production deal with 20th Century Fox and won't be back, and the guy who plays "Sock" is leaving to be on a comedy on Fox.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...