Me Like Hockey (OOC)

N/A

Does the auto 20 Notice from Skill Mastery cut it?

Reaction: Notice Notice Check (1d20+7=21) Also pretty good.

It was a DC20 check, so yes, you both made it.

Reaction: Knowledge (Pop Culture): Knowledge (Pop Culture) (1d20+1=18) Not too shabby

Gizmo - Not a chance.

Quote - It's a DC20 check. If you're willing to use Extra Effort to get +2, I'll give it to you.

Free Action: I used Extra Effort to obtain my healing power stunt. I think that means it stays around, yes?

Yes, until you switch to a new AP.

Standard Action: (If available, and not also claimed by Diplomacy) Ready Standard Action: Attack any enemies that come close enough to the portal w/ Ranged Hammer. (Range 100 ft, Max range 1000ft)

Yes, that's fine.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With no way of recovering from the Fatigue next round? I don't think it's quite worth it at this point. I'll stick with my 18, thanks.

And I'm going to hold you to that.

Gizmo, if you'd like to burn a HP for a re-roll on the Pop Culture check before your action, feel free. It's a long shot, but it's an option. It's a DC20 check. If you score an 18 or 19, I'll let you use Extra Effort for +2 if you want. So you'd need either an 8, 9, 10, 18, 19, or 20 to come up on the die. That's a 30% chance. I've seen worse odds.

Alrightythen. You both spot the team owner Wildcard accused of paying him to rig the games, but neither of you recognizes him, so he slips through the portal and gets away unhindered.

Gizmo, if you want, Jack can make a Diplomacy check to help calm down the crowd, or you can do anything else you can think of with this round's actions. Stratos is the only villain left standing, and he's still floating in mid-air a couple thousand feet away from the arena.

Jack of all Blades

Hero Point: Add 5 ranks of Diplomacy with Beginner's Luck.

Full Round Action: Diplomacy Check. (1d20+11=19)

That's above DC15 but below DC25, so it's good enough to shift NPC attitudes by one level - from Hostile to Unfriendly, Unfriendly to Indifferent, Indifferent to Friendly, Friendly to Helpful. That's definitely enough to keep the fans from killing each other as they proceed to the portal in a more or less orderly fashion.

Doctor Stratos will spend his action being Stunned, and that'll end Round 5. His Stunned condition will lift on The Scarab's action.

Round 6

Downtime: 62, NPC, Unconscious, Prone

The Scarab: 25, 1HP, Bruised x2

Wildcard: 21, 3HP, Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious, Prone

Valkyrie: 21, 0HP, Bruised

Jack of All Blades: 20, 0HP, Bruised x2, Injured

Orion: 17, NPC, Unconscious, Prone

Doctor Stratos: 7, NPC, Bruised, Staggered, Stunned

Medea: 3, NPC, Bruised, Staggered, Paralyzed, Prone

The Scarab

Doctor Stratos is no longer Stunned.

Free Action: The Scarab uses Extra Effort for the following power stunt off of her Psionics array:

Telekinesis 14 (STR 70, Extras: Range [Perception]) [42PP]

Standard Action: The Scarab uses Telekinesis on Stratos. Since it's Perception-range, there's no attack roll.

The Scarab's Grapple check: 46.

Doctor Stratos' Grapple check: 21.

The Scarab wins the grapple, and chooses "Throw" as the result. The minimum STR required to lift Stratos as a Heavy Load is 15. 70 is 55 points over that, 11 full increments, so the 5ft throwing distance for a Heavy Load is increased 11 steps up the Progression Table. The Scarab can throw him up to 25,000 feet. She hurls him back into the arena wall, 3,000ft away.

Stratos' Toughness save (DC28): 18. He fails by 10, which would normally Stagger him. But he's already Staggered, so he's knocked Unconscious instead.

Wall's Toughness save (DC28): 16. The wall fails by 12, so it's Disabled. Stratos punches another Stratos-shaped hole through the wall, and keeps flying right down into the ice. Since he's already KOed, I won't bother rolling another Toughness save for him.

I'll go ahead and let The Scarab become Fatigued.

Round 6

Downtime: 62, NPC, Unconscious, Prone

The Scarab: 25, 1HP, Bruised x2, Fatigued

Wildcard: 21, 3HP, Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious, Prone

Valkyrie: 21, 0HP, Bruised

Jack of All Blades: 20, 0HP, Bruised x2, Injured

Orion: 17, NPC, Unconscious, Prone

Doctor Stratos: 7, NPC, Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious, Prone

Medea: 3, NPC, Bruised, Staggered, Paralyzed, Prone

I'll write up an IC post for this after Jack's next IC post. And that's probably it for combat rounds.

The Scarab can take 10 with Jack of All Trades for DC15 Knowledge checks in every category, which is enough for Jack. Plus, her and Archeville are tight, so she's heard all about him.

For Valkyrie, she's got nuthin'.