Me Like Hockey (OOC)

N/A

Doctor Stratos

Free Action: Maintain Flight.

Move Action: Activate Deflect.

Standard Action: Blast The Scarab.

Stratos' attack roll (DC20): 15. Screw that.

GM Fiat: Stratos gets a re-roll on his attack.

Stratos' attack roll (DC20): 22. Much better.

The Scarab's Toughness save (DC28): 31. She's none the worse for wear.

The Scarab gets a Hero Point.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, you guess correctly. As you'll see in the forthcoming IC post, that'll be enough to spot the smoke cloud that's gone up in the commentator booth above the stands, but not enough to beat the Stealth check of the guy who threw it up after he incapacitated the announcers.

On his previously-rolled Initiative count of 17, Orion fires his sniper rifle at JackB. He isn't using any energy powers that would trip Jack's Awareness, and since he's got both cover and a superior Stealth result (27, and that's before I even add any distance penalties to Jack's Notice check), he's concealed against Jack's vision as well. So he catches JackB flat-footed, and bypasses his Uncanny Dodges.

(Please notice the time-stamps on those rolls. This is not something I just pulled out of my ass.)

Orion has a base ranged attack bonus of +15. Jack is in melee with one of Orion's allies (-8), but Orion's Precise Shot feat offsets Jack's Elusive Target feat (+4). Orion's got the high ground (+1), he's using a Masterwork sniper rifle (+1), and he spent the last round Aiming at Jack, in an Improved fashion (+4). That leaves him with +17 Attack. He will Power Attack for -5 Attack / +5 Damage, leaving his Attack at +12.

Jack is flat-footed, so his Defense bonus is +5, putting him at DC15 to be hit. Orion needs to roll a 3+ on the die.

Orion's attack roll (DC15): 23. That hits.

Gizmo, roll a DC25 Toughness save for JackB, against lethal damage.

Everyone roll a DC20 Notice (Listen) check to hear the shot from the silenced rifle.

That is all correct.

Since he failed by 5+, he suffers Knockback. The damage bonus of the rifle is +5 (not counting Power Attack), and Jack's KB resist is 3, so the KB result is 2. 2 steps down the Progression table is 2, so Jack gets knocked back 2 feet and lands Prone.

JackB gets a HP for the setback of being ambushed by Orion.

Medea

Free Action: Maintain Force Field.

Free Action: Reconfigure her Magic array to the Mind Control AP.

Standard Action: Mind Control Jack.

Move Action: If her Mind Control attempt is successful, she will issue commands to Jack.

Medea's Mind Control check: 18

Gizmo, give me a DC21 Will save for Jack.

Since Jack's Will bonus is higher than Medea's Mind Control rank, he wins ties. I'm also activating his "Sucker For A Pretty Face" Complication and giving him a -4 circumstance penalty to his save (effectively allowing Medea to use her Attractive feat as a bonus to her Mind Control). All of this has been figured into the DC above.

Please keep in mind that Jack has already re-rolled one roll this round, so he can't do it again. (Also keep in mind that, if he loses, he can use Extra Effort for another save to break out.)

After the Mind Control attempt is resolved, JackB gets a HP for his Complication.

I went through the entire OOC thread and double-checked the math, and it looks like I made a couple of errors here and there when adding up HPs. These totals should be correct.

Round 3

Downtime: 62, NPC

The Scarab: 25, 4HP

Wildcard: 21, 3HP, Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious

Valkyrie: 21, 3HP

Jack of All Blades: 20, 5HP, Bruised, Injured, Prone

Orion: 17, NPC

Doctor Stratos: 7, NPC

Medea: 3, NPC

JackB and Valkyrie both Surged last round, so if they don't burn a HP at the start of their actions, they will become Fatigued.

This is Round 1 of 10 for Wildcard. When he hits Round 10, he gets a Recovery check to wake up from Unconscious.

Downtime

Free Action: Activate/Maintain Invisibility.

Move Action: Close into melee range of Valkyrie.

Standard Action: Attack Valkyrie with his Mighty Strike Time Control AP.

With 20PP to work with in the empty Time Control array slot the book gave me, I'll use this:

Strike 9 (Feats: Mighty, Extras: Autofire [10]) [20PP]

Since he's got total concealment against all of Val's Accurate senses (which would be her Normal Vision and nothing else), she's effectively Blinded in relation to Downtime. She's flat-footed against him, loses her dodge bonus, and he gets +2 attack against her. She's DEF 12, he's got +14 Attack, so he only misses on a natural "1."

Downtime's attack roll (DC12): 16. Natural "2."

That's 4 higher than he needed, so he gets +2 damage from Autofire. And he gets +2 damage from Sneak Attack.

Quote, roll a DC29 Toughness save for Valkyrie.

The Scarab

Free Action: Maintain Flight.

Free Action: Maintain Force Field / Shield.

Standard Action: Use Telekinesis to pick up an object (some of the loose chairs).

Move Action: Throw the object at Doctor Stratos.

The Scarab's attack roll (DC22): 29.

Hero Point: The Scarab will burn 1HP to temporarily acquire the Improved Critical feat, so that the "19" she just rolled on the die counts as a Critical Hit.

Doctor Stratos took an action to activate Deflect, so he gets a power check to Block the attack. His Deflect rank is higher than The Scarab's attack bonus, so he wins if they tie.

Stratos' Deflect check (DC29): 21.

Stratos' Toughness save (DC36): 27. He fails by 9, so he's Bruised, and Stunned for 1 round.

GM Fiat: Stratos removes his own Stunned condition. The Scarab gets 1HP.

Since he failed by 5+, he suffers Knockback. Not counting the crit, the damage bonus was +16, and Stratos has a KB resist of 4, for a net result of 12, which is 5,000 feet. Obviously he slams into the arena wall long before that. I'll call it Toughness 5. 5 is less than the KB result of 12, so Stratos takes +5 damage. The wall takes +12 damage.

Stratos' Toughness save (DC20): 22. He's fine.

Wall's Toughness save (DC27): 16. It fails by 11, which is 10+, so it's Disabled. That's enough to knock a Stratos-shaped hole in it. He keeps going, but there are no other barriers at this height for him to crash into, so he just gets knocked about a mile away. He's got Flight active, so he doesn't fall.

Even if he moves All-Out, it's going to take Stratos a few rounds to get back into the fight.

Round 3

Doctor Stratos: 7, NPC, Bruised

Medea: 3, NPC

JackB and Valkyrie both Surged last round, so if they don't burn a HP at the start of their actions, they will become Fatigued.

This is Round 1 of 10 for Wildcard. When he hits Round 10, he gets a Recovery check to wake up from Unconscious.

Shaen, doesn't Stratos have to roll to maintain flight since you stunned him, even if he clears the stun?

Toughness DC 29 (1d20+12=21) fail by 8. Bruised & Stunned. Knockback from the rank 14 (-11 KB mod) is rank 3, or 5 feet. She basically just falls prone.

Valkyrie

Hero Point Spend one to nix Fatigue, down to 2.

Hero Point Spend one to nix Stun, down to 1.

Free Action Maintain all powers that require it.

Move Action Teleport to the air just above Medea, and "fall" on her with Mjollnir

Free Action Switch Mjollnir array to Melee attack

Standard Action Attack with Mjollnir (Melee): All-out-Attack 5 Power Attack 5: DC 32 TOU & 25 FORT on Hit (1d20+8=24) That's gotta hit!

Let me know if all this is okay, and I'll throw up an IC post.

Quote: I looked at the sections of the book dealing with the Concentration skill, the Stunned condition, and uses of Hero Points, and I couldn't find a definitive answer one way or the other. If someone else can find something I missed, I'd greatly appreciate it. For now, I'm going to assume that you're right.

Doctor Stratos' Concentrate check to maintain his sustained Flight as a Reaction (DC13): He has Concentrate +12, so he can take 1 and autopass.

Change partners and dance!

Medea's Defense is only +9 (DC19), so that easily hits.

Medea's Toughness save (DC32): 15.

GM Fiat: Medea gets a re-roll.

21. She fails by 11, so she's Bruised, Staggered, and Stunned for 1 round.

GM Fiat: Medea shakes off her Stunned condition.

Medea's Concentration check to maintain her sustained Force Field as a reaction (DC21): 28.

Valkyrie gets 2HP for the Fiats.

Round 3

Medea: 3, NPC, Bruised, Staggered

Oops! Forgot stuff!

Medea's Fortitude save (DC25): 9. She fails by 16, which is more than 5, so she's Paralyzed.

And she's already used her re-roll for this round, too. And her spells require her to have freedom to gesture.

Quote, do you want Medea to be knocked back? She failed her Toughness save badly enough for it. The net KB result would be 7, so she'd fly back up to 100ft if you want.

Round 3

Medea: 3, NPC, Bruised, Staggered, Paralyzed, Prone

Right, I forgot you were coming straight down at her.

Ice is listed as Toughness 1, which is lower than the KB result of 7, so she needs a DC16 Toughness save.

Medea's Toughness save (DC16): 23. She's fine. She'd be fine if she was hitting a stone wall.

Ice's Toughness save (DC22): 2. Natural "1." The ice beneath her is Destroyed. So yeah, Valkyrie drives her right through to the floor.

Jack of all Blade

Hero Point: Cancel Fatigue.

Free Action: Instant Up with Skill Mastery Acrobatics

Standard Action: DC33 Taunt against Orion.

Move Action: DC33 Feint against Orion with Fast Talk.

Hero Point: Stunt a very long sword: Damage 11 (Power Feats: Accurate 3, Mighty 2, Extras: Range [Ranged]) [27PP]

Extra Effort: Surge for Standard Action.

Standard Action: Extending Sword Attack. (1d20+13=29) That's a DC 28 Toughness save for Orion, at -2 if he's successfully Taunted.

This is gonna be good. Let me know how that goes, Shaen, and I'll get the IC post up.

Orion's Sense Motive check: 20. He's Shaken.

Orion's Sense Motive check: 16. He's Feinted.

However, between his Stealth check that beat your Notice, and the smoke that provided the concealment necessary for him to make that check in the first place, he still has total Concealment against all of JackB's +Accurate senses. You've got a good enough idea of where he is that you can choose the right 5ft square to attack, but you need to roll the 50% miss chance.

Roll a D20 in InvisiCastle. You're good on an 11+. On a 10 or less, the attack automatically misses. Basically, it's a DC11 check with a +0 bonus. If you fail, I'll say you can pop a HP for a re-roll, and given how those work, you'll get it automatically. (Normally, you have to be in melee and have the Blindfight feat to be able to bypass the miss chance with a HP.)

A rank 11 Ranged attack, by default, has 10 range increments of 110ft each. Orion's 250ft away, so that's 2 full increments, at -2 attack each, for a total -4 range penalty. He's also Prone, so that's another -4 attack penalty. The Feint renders him flat-footed, so his DEF is +6. After all the penalties, his total DEF is +14 (DC24). If JackB gets past the concealment miss chance, his 29 hits, and Orion will have to make a DC28 Toughness save with a +2 Toughness bonus (+4 from losing his Defensive Roll due to being flat-footed, -2 from the Taunt). Since he can't roll a 26 on a D20, he'll be Bruised at the very least.