Round 1

Downtime: 62, NPC

The Scarab: 25, 3HP

Wildcard: 21, 5HP

Jack of All Blades: 20, 7HP

Doctor Stratos: 7, NPC

Medea: 3, NPC

Valkyrie: 2, 6HP

Regardless of the outcome of Jack using a Hero Point or not, I don't think that affects my action at all, so I'm going to take it.

Valkyrie

Full Round: Refocus Initiative (putting her at 21)

The rest of the IC post is all description, so do with it what you will, Shaen.

Things you should know: The Orb of Fate, nicknamed the Orb of Weight is too heavy for anyone but the chosen to even lift it. Mechanically, it is a hard to lose device with Restricted 3, and Indestructible. Trying to snatch that thing from her neck while running by is not going to budge it an inch!

Screw it, chair golem is too awesome to deny.

Toughness Saves. (1d20+8=26, 1d20+8=20) Jack will blow one HP to remove the stun, and take the bruise. Down to 6HP.

Thank you for not raining on my parade. :D If I'd been a total dick about it and trapped you in the infinite grapple loop, I'd have no problem with you doubling your dodge bonus to evade him. But I scratched your back, so I'm glad you scratched mine.

Besides, that was probably the last time anyone's going to actually land a blow on Jack this entire thread.

Quote: Roll a Bluff check for Valkyrie. If she scores highly enough, she can create a Diversion sufficient to distract the people around her, giving her a chance to slip away (see "Diversion" the Bluff skill in the core book). Your post was already the perfect descriptor for it. Then give me a Stealth check to find her a decent hiding place to block line-of-sight to both her friend and the TV cameras.

Making the Diversion attempt will be a Standard Action (or a Move Action with a -5 penalty). Hiding will be a Move Action. If you'd like to change your action from Refocusing to these, or if you'd like to Surge in order to create the Diversion on the same round that you Refocus, let me know.

And if either roll is insufficient once you do make them, I'll let you know so you can HP a re-roll. I won't make you guess.

I just realized that JackB's attack against Wildcard should have inflicted Knockback. Probably a significant amount. Rather than going back and retconning stuff, I'm just going to give JackB another Hero Point.

Valkyrie's actions are going to close out Round 1. At the top of Round 2, before anyone takes any actions, everybody make me a Notice check. I'm going to force The Scarab to autofail it, and hand her a HP instead, for the sake of the plot.

Round 2

The Scarab: 25, 4HP

Wildcard: 21, 5HP, Staggered, Prone

Valkyrie: 21(?), 6HP

Jack of All Blades: 20, 7HP, Bruised, Prone

Quote, let me know for sure what Valkyrie does on Round 1, so I can adjust the Init order as necessary. If she does still Refocus, Wildcard goes before her, since he has a higher Init bonus.

Also, Quote, in case you're curious, the reason Valkyrie's having a harder time than JackB did is because 1) she was sitting with a friend who doesn't know her secret ID, and 2) she was sitting down toward the front, in full view of the TV cameras, while JackB and his sister were up in the nosebleed seats.

Round 2

The Scarab: 25, 4HP

Valkyrie: 21(?), 5HP

As noted above, Valkyrie loses a Hero Point, for focusing the attention of a supervillain on an innocent bystander, and thus, endangering him in order to provide herself with a distraction.

Downtime beats the hell out of the drunk fratboy. His Invisibility is active again. His stats neglect to state which 2PP/rank power fills up the slot in his Time Control (which is the 5PP/rank Super-Speed with +Affects Others and +Ranged). Since his damage is pathetic (+1 STR and Sneak Attack), I'm gonna say it's a +Mighty Strike 11, bringing him to his offensive PL caps. His Deflect isn't up, since he didn't take the Standard Action to activate it.

The Scarab

Hero Point: Burns 1HP so she doesn't become Fatigued.

Free Action: Maintain Flight.

Free Action: Maintain Force Field.

Move Action: Fly down to within TK range of the Chair-Man.

Free Action: Reconfigure her Psionics array. Throw everything into Telekinesis.

Standard Action: Use Telekinesis to counter Medea's Animate Object.

The Scarab's power check: 31.

Medea's power check: 21. She would have to roll a 25 on a D20 to win.

The Scarab wins, and the Chair-Man is no more.

And now the villains have a target other than JackB.

Round 2

Wildcard

Move Action: He stands up from Prone.

Hero Point: He burns 1HP for the Quick Draw feat (Why does he not have this, Kenson? Why?!).

Free Action: He pulls a deck of playing cards out of a hidden pocket on his jumpsuit.

Extra Effort: He Surges for another action.

Standard Action: He uses his Throwing Mastery to hurl some of the cards down at JackB. He gets a -4 penalty, since JackB is Prone, and a +1 bonus, since he has the high ground. After his base +15, that leaves him with a total attack bonus of +12.

Wildcard's attack roll (DC28): 25.

He'll burn 1HP for a re-roll.

Wildcard's attack roll (DC28): 31 (the "9" becomes a "19").

Gizmo, have JackB either roll a DC20 Toughness save, or pop a HP to double his dodge bonus for the round (giving him +13 Defense and raising him to DC41 to be hit). I'll make Wildcard's IC post after you make your decision (and, if applicable, your roll).

Round 2

Wildcard: 21, 3HP, Staggered

Also, Quote, in case you're curious, the reason Valkyrie's having a harder time than JackB did is because 1) she was sitting with a friend who doesn't know her secret ID, and 2) she was sitting down toward the front, in full view of the TV cameras, while JackB and his sister were up in the nosebleed seats.

Yay being poor!

Gizmo, have JackB either roll a DC20 Toughness save, or pop a HP to double his dodge bonus for the round (giving him +13 Defense and raising him to DC41 to be hit). I'll make Wildcard's IC post after you make your decision (and, if applicable, your roll).

Yeah, definitely popping the HP this time. If you can dodge a wrench...

Sorry I missed so much. Sleep was calling me last night. I am okay with losing an hp for doing something non-heroic, though I have to ask if her complication Liar Liar comes into play at all here?

I'll surge for an extra standard action and roll bluff.

I'm on my phone, so the best I can do right now is this url

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2595263/

Its a pretty good roll, only gets better with attractive. Just let me know what the verdict is.

To clarify, I wasn't expecting a reward for that action. I was merely pointing out the justification for it. The fact that she's a liar, a tease, and a cheat does not please her one bit. But people don't change overnight. This character flaw is something that she needs to work on. My plan is to have her see the implications of her actions in this thread, and the thread with Arrowhawk, and have them set her on the path to fixing this.

But it's like Spider-man's origin story. He went and got his uncle killed because he wanted to go nuts with his powers. That scared him straight, and that's what I plan on having happen here.

I'm going to put up a little edit on her post and have her kicking herself for doing this.

Valkyrie

Hero Point: Spend one to nix fatigue from the Extra Effort Surge from last round (four remaining)

Move Action: Roll Stealth to try and find a hiding place and change costumes

Stealth Check:Stealth check to find cover for an outfit change. (1d20+1=2) Yuck.

Hero Point: Spend one for a re roll on stealth (Down to 3HP)

Steal Check (HP Re-Roll): Stealth HP Re-Roll (1d20.minroll(11)+1=13) Guess this is Karma for being a crappy hero! ;)

Extra Effort: Surge to get an extra Move Action, and pump that into:

Full Round Action: Change into Valkyrie.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm performing these actions whether or not the stealth check succeeds.

EDIT 2:

Free Action: Come out of hiding after changing to Valkyrie

If the last action is not okay, I'll just edit my post.

Let's all take a moment to imagine Uncle Ben as a drunken frat boy, shall we?

Moving on, Jack should be able to get up from his prone position as a free action with a Skill Mastery Acrobatics check, but now that he's on the ice, how close is he to the various baddies?

But now that he's on the ice, how close is he to the various baddies?

Medea's strolling around on the ice, and Stratos is hovering over it. However, JackB can make a running long jump 22ft in the air (STR +2, +10, +10 if he takes 10 on an Acrobat check), so he can joust at Stratos if he wants to.

I'm gonna call the ice itself difficult terrain, so everyone's movement is halved while on it. So barring any movement powers, Jack can go 15ft per move action. At the moment, both Medea and Stratos are far enough away from JackB that he can't reach either one this round without either 1) Moving All-Out (Full Action, x4 speed, loses his dodge bonus for the round), or 2) taking 3 Move Actions (which would require a Surge). If he chooses #1, then he can Surge afterward for an attack. If he chooses #2, he has the option of taking a move action to move, then Surging and taking a full action to Charge (double-move followed by an attack, +2 attack, -2 defense for the round). Either one would work.

OF COURSE!

FANTASTIC!

Let's do it up all official-like, then:

Jack of all Blades

Free Action: Acrobatics 25 w/ Skill Mastery to 'Instant Up'.

Move Action: Swinging w/ Speed 1 via Grapple Gun to make it back over the boards.

Move Action: Feint 33 w/ Skill Master and 'Fast Talk' against Wildcard.

Extra Effort: Surge for a Standard Action.

Standard Action: Energy Sword Flurry, Power Attack 5. (1d20+13=25)

Assuming the Feint works, that's DC 34. If he somehow rolls a natural 20, lemme know and I'll reroll the attack, I guess.

If you burned a HP for a re-roll, Wildcard would just burn one of his to block you. :D Which is why he needs to die.

Wildcard's Bluff check: 31. He gets Feinted. His Defense drops to 16. JackB's attack hits him by 9, so he gets +6 damage from Autofire 3, bringing the damage to DC34.

Wildcard's flat-footed Toughness is +1, and he's already got a Bruise. He'll have to roll a natural "20" on the die to avoid getting knocked Unconscious.

Wildcard's Toughness save (DC34): 9. That's not a natural "20."

Since he's got nothing to lose, Wildcard will burn a HP for a re-roll.

Wildcard's Toughness save (DC34): 18. That's not a natural "20" either. So close!

Wildcard is knocked Unconscious, and now the Crime League will have to start Fiating like "normal" supervillains.