Me Like Hockey (OOC)

N/A

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doctor Stratos takes a Full Action to Move All-Out. With Flight 3 (50mph / 500 feet per Move Action), he flies 2,000 feet (x4) back toward the arena. He's flat-footed until his next action.

Round 4

Downtime: 62, NPC

The Scarab: 25, 4HP

Wildcard: 21, 3HP, Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious, Prone

Valkyrie: 21, 3HP, Bruised

Jack of All Blades: 20, 2HP, Bruised, Injured

Orion: 17, NPC, Unconscious, Prone

Doctor Stratos: 7, NPC, Bruised

Medea: 3, NPC, Bruised, Staggered, Paralyzed, Prone

I'm going to rule that, at least for the purposes of this thread (do not expect any other Refs to be bound by this ruling), Downtime's time-manipulation abilities involve the manipulation of "chronal energy." Thus, they trigger JackB's Awareness, and his Detect will work on them. JackB's got Skill Mastery, and a high enough Notice that he can take 10 and make the necessary checks, so now that his attention is more open (and honestly, now that this has occurred to me at all), he can perceive Downtime well enough that he doesn't count as Concealed. Thus, JackB is not flat-footed against him. And what's more, JackB can see that Downtime's getting his powers from the Device.

I can pretty much damned well guarantee that JackB has never seen/felt this type of energy before. Although he sees it again when he meets Zephyr.

Downtime

Free Action: Maintain Concealment.

Standard Action: Activate Deflect.

Free Action: Extra Effort to Surge.

Full Action: Charge at JackB.

Downtime's Attack roll (DC28): 16. Miss.

GM Fiat: Re-roll.

Downtime's Attack roll (DC28): 31. That's 3 points over what Downtime needed, so he gets +1 damage from Autofire.

JackB needs to make a DC26 Toughness save.

JackB gets 1HP.

Twenty bucks American says JackB KOs Downtime on his action this round.

The Scarab

Free Action: Reconfigure her Psionics array:

Communication 3 (Mental, 1,000ft, Feats: Subtle, Extras: Two-Way) [7PP]

Flight +3 (Rank 4, 100mph / 1,000ft per Move Action) [6PP]

Telekinesis 10 (STR 50 [Heavy Load = 12 tons], Feats: Accurate 3, Improved Range 3 [1 1,000ft Range Increment], Indirect, Precise 2, Subtle) [30PP]

Free Action: Activate Communication, several times, with several people.

Hero Point: Gain an automatic tier-3 favor from her Connected feat.

Move Action: Fly back down to the floor, then up through the hole in the arena wall, toward Stratos.

• Free Action: While on the floor, use TP Beacon to open a portal to The Scarab's Lair.

Move Action: Fly toward Stratos.

Free Action: Use Extra Effort to Surge.

Stratos got knocked 5,000ft away. He flew 2,000ft back, so now he's 3,000ft away. The Scarab can fly 1,000ft per Move Action, so after 2 Move Actions, she's 1,000ft away from Stratos, within range of her Telekinesis. The math is a little fuzzy, but I'm calling it "good enough."

Standard Action: Attack Stratos with Telekinesis.

The Scarab's Attack roll (DC14): 14. On the nose.

The Scarab's Grapple check: 22.

Stratos' Grapple check: 18.

The Scarab wins the grapple. She does not have a move action left, so she cannot choose "Throw." Her Telekinesis is not +Damaging, so she cannot choose "Damage." She obviously doesn't want to choose "Escape" and let Stratos go, so she chooses the only option left to her, "Pin."

Doctor Stratos is Pinned.

Round 4

The Scarab: 25, 3HP

Doctor Stratos: 7, NPC, Bruised, Pinned

Valkyrie is up.

My bad. I remembered that Stratos was flat-footed for moving all-out, but I forgot that he also gets +2 Defense per rank of the movement power he's using (Flight 3). So his Defense bonus is +10 (DC20), not +4 (DC14). The Scarab missed.

She burns a HP for a re-roll.

The Scarab's Attack roll (DC20): 23. She's good.

Round 4

The Scarab: 25, 2HP

Round 4

Jack of All Blades: 20, 1HP, Bruised x2, Injured

Valkyrie

Free Action: Maintain all powers that require it.

Hero Point: Heroic Feat: Progression (Weight) on the Orb's Teleport

Move Action: Teleport to the fan injured by Downtime, use Turnabout to Teleport with the fan (using progression) in front of the portal.

Extra Effort: Power Stunt off of the Orb's Teleport which now has 11pp to spend after the addition of the heroic feat.

Healing 3 (Extras: Action/Free; Flaws: Limited to Others, Tiring; PF: Stabalize, Regrowth) {11pp}

Free Action: Switch Teleport Array to new AP: Odin's Blessing

Free Action: Activate Odin's Blessing on the Fan

Standard Actoion: Diplomacy on the Crowd: Diplomacy on Crowd (+4 additional for Attractive if it applies) (1d20+11=12) :argh:

Hero Point: Spend one to re-roll that! Diplomacy on Crowd (+4 additional if Attractive applies) (1d20.minroll(11)+11=26) Better!

Hero Point: Spend one to nix Fatigue from the Healing spell

Total HP Spent: 3/3

Phew!

Valkyrie

Free Action: Maintain all powers that require it.

Hero Point: Heroic Feat: Progression (Weight) on the Orb's Teleport

Move Action: Teleport to the fan injured by Downtime, use Turnabout to Teleport with the fan (using progression) in front of the portal.

Extra Effort: Power Stunt off of the Orb's Teleport which now has 11pp to spend after the addition of the heroic feat.

Free Action: Switch Teleport Array to new AP: Odin's Blessing

Free Action: Activate Odin's Blessing on the Fan

Standard Actoion: Diplomacy on the Crowd: Diplomacy on Crowd (+4 additional for Attractive if it applies) (1d20+11=12) :argh:

Hero Point: Spend one to re-roll that! Diplomacy on Crowd (+4 additional if Attractive applies) (1d20.minroll(11)+11=26) Better!

Hero Point: Spend one to nix Fatigue from the Healing spell

Total HP Spent: 3/3

Phew!

Yes, Attractive applies. It's a professional sporting event, so at least 50% of the crowd are heterosexual men.

Diplomacy's usually a full action at least, but I'll handwave it here. A 25 is usually enough to jump two whole attitude categories, so Valkyrie is easily directing people through the portal and preventing them from rioting.

Drunkle Ben's Recovery check (DC10): 18. He heals up from Unconscious, so now he's just Staggered. Shame it wasn't +Total, or he'd have healed both conditions.

Valkyrie gets 1HP for concentrating so much on protecting the innocent. She will be Fatigued on her next action from the Extra Effort if she doesn't burn it.

Round 4

Valkyrie: 21, 1HP, Bruised

JackB is up.

There is no way Downtime, with his Bluff of +6, can hit DC34. He's Feinted, losing his dodge bonus. That puts him at DEF +7 (DC17), so JackB hit him by 13, enough to get his full +6 damage bonus from Autofire.

Downtime also loses his Defensive Roll bonus, leaving his Toughness at +1.

Downtime's Toughness save (DC34): 10. He fails by 24, so he's Unconscious.

Round 4

Downtime: 62, NPC, Unconscious, Prone

Doctor Stratos takes a Standard Action to Blast The Scarab.

Stratos' attack roll (DC20): 27. That hits.

The Scarab's Toughness save (DC28): 25. She is Bruised. Not enough to break her grip.

He switches his array over to Air Control, Surges for another Standard Action, and uses that, along with his remaining Move Action, to attempt to grapple The Scarab and throw her back into the arena. Air Control is Perception-range, so there is no attack roll.

Stratos' grapple check: 33.

The Scarab's grapple check: 21. Natural "1." Owch.

Air Control 13 gives Stratos an effective STR 65. That's 10 full 5-point increments above STR 13, where The Scarab would be a Heavy Load (5ft throwing distance). 10 steps up the Progression Table puts his throwing distance at 10,000 feet. That's far more than he needs to send her flying back into the arena wall.

The Scarab's Toughness save (DC28): 26. She takes another Bruised condition.

The Wall's Toughness save (DC28): 22. The wall takes an Injury, but The Scarab doesn't break through.

Doctor Stratos is now well out of the range of The Scarab's Telekinesis, so it ends, and he is no longer Pinned.

Round 4

The Scarab: 25, 2HP, Bruised x2

Round 5

The Scarab: 25, 2HP, Bruised x2

The Scarab is up.

The Scarab

Hero Point: The Scarab burns 1HP to avoid Fatigue from last round's Extra Effort.

Free Action: The Scarab reconfigures her Psionics array to her Mental Blast AP.

Full Action: The Scarab hits Doctor Stratos with a Mental Blast. Since it's a Damage effect, regardless of the save type it provokes, he gets -1 to his roll on account of his Bruised condition.

Doctor Stratos' Will save (DC28): 18. He fails by 10, so he's Staggered, and Stunned for 1 round. He autopasses the DC13 Concentrate check to maintain his Flight power as a Reaction instead of a Free Action, so he stays in the air.

Round 5

The Scarab: 25, 1HP, Bruised x2

Doctor Stratos: 7, NPC, Bruised, Staggered, Stunned

Valkyrie is up, followed by JackB. And since Stratos will spend his action on being Stunned, that'll be it for Round 5.

"The hell is a 'huckleberry'?"

In case you didn't know for real, Downtime was using a line from the 1993 film Tombstone, specifically quoting Doc Holiday. It's my favorite Western of all time (narrowly beating out the Young Guns series and the 3:10 To Yuma remake), one of my favorite movies in general, and as far as I'm concerned, Doc Holiday is the best role of Val Kilmer's career, even surpassing his portrayal of Madmartigan in Willow.

Valkyrie

Reaction: Knowledge (Pop Culture): Knowledge (Pop Culture) (1d20+1=18) Not too shabby

Reaction: Notice Notice Check (1d20+7=21) Also pretty good.

Hero Point: Burn one to take care of Fatigue from Extra Effort; Remaining HP: 0HP

Free Action: I used Extra Effort to obtain my healing power stunt. I think that means it stays around, yes? I'll keep it up, rather than re-activating Teleportation, but will not activate the Power at this point. It's Tiring, and I can't afford another Fatigue right now.

Move Action: Finish the Full-Round Diplomacy from last round

Standard Action: (If available, and not also claimed by Diplomacy) Ready Standard Action: Attack any enemies that come close enough to the portal w/ Ranged Hammer. (Range 100 ft, Max range 1000ft)