Fire and Ice (IC)

James nodded, still concentrating his power on the gate. "I'm working on it. Should have it closed in a minute. It's like sewing up a tear in a piece of clothing. It isn't hard for me to do; it just takes a little time and focus." He frowned at the gate once more before turning back to her. "Yeah, preconceptions are the easiest for everyone to handle. So what can you do? Or more importantly, what would you like to do?" Next to them, the gate slowly began to shrink and the color flickered a little.

James shrugged a little, smiling a little more as the portal began to shrink even faster. A moment later, it vanished with a little 'pop'. He turned to look at her fully. "It doesn't have to have anything to do with your powers, but it can. If you've got any artistic ability, you'd make an awesome ice sculptor." He grinned. "I suppose refrigeration is an option. There's always stuff that needs to be kept cool and on ice. If you know anything about science, maybe we could get you involved in a suspended animation project or something," he said with a shrug.

<"I am not an artist sadly. I may one day try and learn, but for now I have the skill of those "Post modernist" people that think vomiting on a canvas makes you a prodigy."> She sounded quite glum about that. ,"And I am no scientist. If I was, I probably would have spent my younger years locked up with child geniuses and scientists trying to come up with a weapon to beat the West before the Union crumbled. I am fortunate that did not happen."> She wasn't sure that was true, but knowing the lengths the Soviets went to expanding Communism from old soldiers she tricked into giving their life earnings to her, she would not be surprised if it was true. At least the USA does not lock children up as lab animals.

James gave a little nod and a smile. "It's quite alright. I was just spitballing. Let's stick with basics then. What do you like to do? What skills do you have? And, as a corollary to that, what are you good at?" He wasn't too worried; they'd find something. "Doesn't matter how odd or esoteric it is. Just trying to find something you'll enjoy doing."

Lady Winter sighed as she reached behind her. With a bit of effort, she managed to form a massive block of ice behind her shaped something like a chair carved out of the ice of a massive glacier. "" She took a seat on the massive block and looked at Hellion. "" She had other skills in other areas, but they wouldn't be much help in mainstream employment.

James chuckled lightly and shook his head. "Don't look so glum. It'll be fine. Well, if you're interested in using your powers, there's any number of refrigeration companies, or even the the zoo, who'd be happy to have you. You'd save them a bundle on cooling and ice costs. Or, if you didn't mind a little travel, they'd kill for someone with your powers on the Arctic or Antarctic research stations." He quickly put his hand up. "Don't worry about the travel thing if you're really interested in that one. I've got access to a teleporter that'd send you there and back easy enough. It isn't always available but still." He grinned at the end. "Though don't know that head cracking skill. There's private security firms, police consulting and assistance and things like that. Plus, it's fun!"

James nodded. "I've got a couple people I can put you in contact with if you like. Make it a bit easier for you," he said. He shrugged his shoulders. "I could take it to a couple genius types to analyze and study. But I think what's more likely is I'll drop it in the Void, someplace nice and secure where it won't ever be found. Part of my job. It's not worth the risk of someone else finding it, using it or even if the damn thing will explode," he said with a shrug.

<"So long as the genius's are not mad. The city has more than enough problems with them gaining alien technology."> Lady Winter said, enjoying the cold feel of ice. <"I thank you. You and you're friends have been so kind to me. I should repay the favor at some point if I can. Do not have much to offer right now other than my assistance.>"" She told him with a smile.

He waved that away but chuckled. "Some sure are but I'm not giving it up. Doesn't matter how smart they are. My job is to stop this sort of thing, not let more people figure out how to do it." He shook his head and smiled. "Don't worry about it. We're just trying to help out. As for paying me back, no need. I think this _more_ than covers it." He reached into his jacket and pulled out a card. It was fairly simple with just his name and a number on it. He took out a pen and wrote a few names on the back before handing it to her. "Here are a few people who might have something for you. If it doesn't work out, give me a call and I'll find something else for you."

James grinned at her and nodded, continuing to speak in Russian. "Thanks again for your help. And yeah, next time without dimensional breaching. It really gets in the way, you know?" He looked around at the melting snow; he'd speed that along as soon as she left. He doubted she'd want to be around when he cranked up the temperature. "Take care. If you need something, you've got my number. Nice to meet you too Lady."