There's a Nightmare in My Closet (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon B! Darla can't die until she's given Dead-Boy a nougie... wanna borrow some HP's?

Nah, I've got plenty. Lila warned me that taking this thing out was going to be more like a puzzle than a brawl. I think it's time for me to beat a hasty retreat and rethink my approach.

C'mon B! Darla can't die until she's given Dead-Boy a nougie... wanna borrow some HP's?

Nah, I've got plenty. Lila warned me that taking this thing out was going to be more like a puzzle than a brawl. I think it's time for me to beat a hasty retreat and rethink my approach.

Toughness Save vs DC 21 (1d20 10=19)

That's 1 bruise.

I'm using another HP to Alt Power my Force Field:

Insubstantial 3 and Light Control 5

I am going to fly up and away from the creature as fast as I can. That's my move action. I am then going to use extra effort to alt power my Flight 2 into Dimensional Travel 1 (back to my room), and take a second move action to exit out of my closet.

Is all that okay?

So now I am Fatigued, Bruised, and I have my normal HP and 2 of my "alt power" HPs.

That's 1 bruise.

I am going to fly up and away from the creature as fast as I can. That's my move action. I am then going to use extra effort to alt power my Flight 2 into Dimensional Travel 1 (back to my room), and take a second move action to exit out of my closet.

Is all that okay?

So now I am Fatigued, Bruised, and I have my normal HP and 2 of my "alt power" HPs.

That's 1 bruise.

Is all that okay?

Have you tried a good old fashioned 'crotch kick'? ...just thinking out loud.

And it's a very cool bad guy, Lilac - great work!

Finding its crotch would be tough. What kind of knowledge check would that be? :D

And thanks!

Bails, yes, all of that is fine. You can recover now normally. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Finding its crotch would be tough. What kind of knowledge check would that be? :D

And thanks!

Bails, yes, all of that is fine. You can recover now normally. Let me know how you want to proceed.

And thanks!

I'm making an Arcane Lore check to see what Darla knows about this monster, and formulate a plan.

Knowledge (Arcane Lore) (1d20+12=31)

My OOC/Metagame plan is to . . .

1. Rest for an hour to recover from the Fatigue

2. Ritual myself Immunity to Fear (2 PPs) and Darkvision (2 PPs) (DC 19)

3. Alt Power my Mental Blast into . . .

Strike 6 (Magic, Fire) [Extra] linked to Drain 6 (Toughness Saves) [Power Feats: Accurate 3]

4. Alt Power my Flight into . . .

Flight 1 and Dimensional Travel 1.

Unless, of course, her knowledge check turns up something else.

I'm making an Arcane Lore check to see what Darla knows about this monster, and formulate a plan.

Strike 6 (Magic, Fire) [Extra] linked to Drain 6 (Toughness Saves) [Power Feats: Accurate 3]

It all comes to you in flashes and images (hopefully pictured in my post), but yeah, the creature feeds on fear and is thus immune to all but the strongest mental attacks (impervious Will). Aside from its fear effect, all it has is its tentacles and mouths. You also get the idea that the world inside your closet is under its control. You have no idea what all that might mean.

It all comes to you in flashes and images (hopefully pictured in my post), but yeah, the creature feeds on fear and is thus immune to all but the strongest mental attacks (impervious Will). Aside from its fear effect, all it has is its tentacles and mouths. You also get the idea that the world inside your closet is under its control. You have no idea what all that might mean.

The ritual (with Jury-rigging):

-spending the HP

-4 rounds to make (though I'm going to take longer IC)

-The Knowledge (Arcane Lore) check: Only rolled a 3.

-spending another HP to reroll: I can't miss the reroll.

I now have my regular HP left, which I'm going to have to use to get back into the closet. :( That means I'll have to use extra effort to get my strike power to be able to hurt the creature.

IC post coming after dinner.

-spending the HP

I now have my regular HP left, which I'm going to have to use to get back into the closet. :( That means I'll have to use extra effort to get my strike power to be able to hurt the creature.

-spending the HP