There's a Nightmare in My Closet

Barnum

Darla looked down at her foul-smelling pajamas in a pile on the floor. "I wet the bed," she said, her voice filled with unfeigned defeat. "I'm sorry. I'll clean it up. Go back to bed, daddy." Her last statement was a hopeful request. He was obviously still drunk. Maybe he would go back to bed and forget the whole thing. She quickly bent down and scooped up the pajamas. The smell of the "juices" from the burnt nightmare was almost overpowering.

Her dad made an awful face and pushed her away. "Whatever." He staggered back to the door, holding his head. "Just keep it down." He slammed the door behind him. He intended to say it quietly, but Darla could still here him through the door.

"Freak..."

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darla looked down at her foul-smelling pajamas in a pile on the floor. "I wet the bed," she said, her voice filled with unfeigned defeat. "I'm sorry. I'll clean it up. Go back to bed, daddy." Her last statement was a hopeful request. He was obviously still drunk. Maybe he would go back to bed and forget the whole thing. She quickly bent down and scooped up the pajamas. The smell of the "juices" from the burnt nightmare was almost overpowering.

Her dad made an awful face and pushed her away. "Whatever." He staggered back to the door, holding his head. "Just keep it down." He slammed the door behind him. He intended to say it quietly, but Darla could still here him through the door.

"Freak..."

"Freak..."

Darla.jpg

Darla cried and washed her clothes, cried some more and then took a bath. The marker wouldn't scrub off no matter how hard she tried, though she did manage to make it a little lighter. After another hour she finally crawled into bed, and even though her chest hurt, her skin was red and itchy from all the scrubbing, and she knew she'd have to go to school tomorrow covered in black marker, she slept like a baby.

No more nightmares.

Darla.jpg

Darla cried and washed her clothes, cried some more and then took a bath. The marker wouldn't scrub off no matter how hard she tried, though she did manage to make it a little lighter. After another hour she finally crawled into bed, and even though her chest hurt, her skin was red and itchy from all the scrubbing, and she knew she'd have to go to school tomorrow covered in black marker, she slept like a baby.

No more nightmares.

Darla.jpg

No more nightmares.