Trade-Offs: +3 Attack / -3 Damage, +5 Defense / -5 Toughness

Unspent PP: 6

Gold Status: 6/30

Alternate Identity: Oracle

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 95 lbs.

Eyes: Dark Blue (Opaque)

Hair: Blond (Light)

In Brief: Tasha lives both in the past and the future, but has trouble with the present. Her skills and abilities are related to her vision and 'sight'.

Description:

TashaPoloroidSml.jpg

Tasha Williams is a slight wisp of a girl. She is cute, but would never be called beautiful. Her hair is near white, with only the trace amounts of golden blond to provide a hind of color. As she can not see, it's usually kept simple and straight, with a minimal amount of styling. She has a very pale, but fine complexion and a slightly round face. Her eyes are near black with a hint of blue, yet this color is marred by an opaque film that covers them.

She dresses simply and functionally, with no real ability to find things that match, both for color and style. While she's managed to cope with this to some degree, fashion design will never be a field she could aspire too.

Overall, she is very thin, and without seeing her face, has been mistaken for a younger boy on numerous occasions.

History:

Tasha was abandoned at birth, and has been raised as a ward of the state ever since. In her youth, she fluctuated from foster home to foster home. Unfortunately, she had several bad experiences in homes with parents who cared only for the state provided funds. Knowing each home would be ambivalent at best was a stress to the young girl. However, she always strove to make life better for both herself and any of the other wards in the family. She found from an early age that her gift allowed her to plan ahead and mitigate some of the mostly ambivalent care. Doing her best, she was able to get children placed in environments that would be better for them, although she never quite was able to do the same for herself.

When she turned 11, after several stints in varying foster homes, she was rendered into the care of the Williams. From the first day, she knew that this was a special family and the place she belonged. What she soon discovered, much to the surprise of her foster parents was that they moonlighted as popular street heroes in their Southside district. She announced this after seeing and preventing them from being injured in a robbery gone bad. While they had been exemplary foster parents, providing the love and attention that many of the others had not, they realized the gift that their new daughter possessed.

While they had always treated her like their own, they quietly began the procedures for adoption. In addition, they began trying to give them what training that they could. She began to accompany them on their late night forays and developed a burning desire to emulate her heroic parents. Knowing her potential, her foster parents have enrolled her in the Claremont Academy to get the training and help that they could not give her. While there, the Freedom City police have found out about the small girl who can help them crack cases and she has been working on their cold case files trying to help as many as she can.

Personality & Motivation:

Despite the difficulty in her life, Tasha has remained upbeat and does her best to steer life to the most positive outcomes that she can determine. She is determined not to let her disability slow her down, although she tends to be easily distracted by the many visions that she receives. Her parents have set a wonderful example for her, and she does not to let them down. From an early age she learned that she can affect the outcome of her visions, even with small actions, and has always worked to protect those that needed it.

She is friendly and loves to talk with people, although she doesn't like to boast of her abilities; rather she would prefer to set things up so that they think they have helped themselves. She knows that she has to work hard to get people to notice her, and while she hasn't quite realized that this is an aspect of her power, she tries her best to make up for it. Tasha is very willing to forgive people and tries to assume the best, even if they continually prove her wrong.

Powers & Tactics:

Tasha's real strength is staying unnoticed. Her foresight allows her to strike with as much effect as a girl her size can. She is also very good at throwing things from her concealed position to cause the maximum amount of harm. When she concentrates she can view events further in the past or future to help her determine the best course of action. With some effort, she can not only conceal herself, but she can obscure an entire area in a mental fog.

Her basic senses are tied to her ability to see in the future. While she can only see possibilities, she can usually determine which of them is the most likely to happen and act accordingly. These do not come like normal sight, but a very vague set of impressions and symbolic objects.

Complications:

Altruistic: Tasha wants to help, she can usually see how to help and does her best to steer the future in that direction

Blind: Tasha is blind, while her precognition allows her to move through the world, she can not see things that don't have some impact too her. Even so, her sight is not as accurate or as useful as normal vision. The further something is away, the more it is blurred with future possibilities. Her 'sight' is limited to less than 50 feet.

Close Family: Tasha has a very close family with parents that she cares deeply for. Along with several siblings, some of who are Foster wards as well, she has both many obligations and responsibilities.

Distracted: Since Tasha sees by visions, she often has a hard time distinguishing reality from what her visions are showing her.

Minor: Tasha is still a minor and has to live under the rules her foster parents set forth.

Optimist: Tasha will give people the benefit of the doubt even when she shouldn't because she can see positive outcomes in even the worst people.

Unimposing: Tasha is rarely noticed by people as a manifestation of her powers.

Abilities: 0 + 0 + 4 + 0 + 4 + 2 = 10PP

Strength: 10 (+0)

Dexterity: 10 (+0)

Constitution: 14 (+2)

Intelligence: 10 (+0)

Wisdom: 14 (+2)

Charisma: 12 (+1)

Combat: 4 + 4 = 8PP

Initiative: +8

Attack: +10/+2 Melee (+2 Base, +5 Enhanced, +3 Attack Focus), +7/+2 Ranged (+2 Base, +5 Enhanced)

Grapple: +7/+2

Defense: +12/+2 (+2 Base, +4 Enhanced, +6 Dodge Focus), +3/+1 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -1

Saving Throws: 2 + 6 + 5 = 13PP

Toughness: +2 (+2 Con)

Fortitude: +4 (+2 Con, +2)

Reflex: +6 (+0 Dex, +6)

Will: +7 (+2 Wis, +5)

Skills: 20R = 5PP

Bluff 4 (+5)

Concentration 3 (+5)

Diplomacy 4 (+5)

Gather Information 4 (+5)

Notice 0 (+12/+2)

Search 0 (+11/+0)

Sense Motive 0 (+13/+2)

Stealth 5 (+5)

Feats: 9PP

Eidetic Memory

Equipment (5EP)

Evasion

Improved Defense

Improved Initiative 2

Power Attack

Sneak Attack

Throwing Mastery

Bo Staff: Strike 2 (Feats: Extended Reach [10ft], Improved Critical [19-20], Mighty) [5EP]

Powers: 16 + 10 + 8 + 9 + 8 + 9 = 60PP

Dazzle 7 (Visual Senses, Feats: Alternate Power 2) [16PP] (Mental)

• Alternate Power: Obscure 3 (25ft radius, All Visual, Audio, & Olfactory Senses, Extras: Selective Attack, Flaws: Phantasm) [12PP] (Area Mental Blank)

Alternate Power: Concealment 8 (All Visual, Audio, & Olfactory Senses, Flaws: Phantasm) [8PP] (Mental Blank)

Enhanced Attack 5 [10PP] (Precognition)

Enhanced Defense 4 [8PP] (Precognition)

Enhanced Feats 9 (Attack Focus [Melee] 3, Dodge Focus 6) [9PP] (Precognition)

Enhanced Skills 32 (Notice 10, Search 11, Sense Motive 11) [8PP] (Precognition)

Super Senses 8 (Postcognition 4, Precognition 4, Feats: Alternate Power) [9PP]

• Alternate Power: Super-Senses 1 (Danger Sense [Mental]) [1PP] + Super Senses 5 (Precognitive Sight [Mental], Extras: Accurate 2, Acute, Radius, Ranged) [6PP] (Precognitive Maneuvering)

DC Block:

Unarmed --- 15(17*)/Toughness --- Bruised, Staged

Staff --- 17(19*)/Toughness --- Bruised, Staged

Thrown --- 16(18*)/Toughness --- Bruised, Staged

Dazzle --- 15/Reflex/Fortitude --- Blinded/Deafened

*Sneak Attack

Abilities (10) + Combat (8) + Saving Throws (13) + Skills (5) + Feats (9) + Powers (60) - Drawbacks (0) = 105/111 Power Points

Hello.

Grapple is your Attack bonus + Str bonus, so please denote that. And denote what their Flat footed Defense is without powers.

For the Concealment and Obscure, I have no idea what you mean by "All Aural" Senses.

For the Precog Sensitivity, you can just collapse that into Enhanced Skill 8 (Sense Motive 11, Notice 10, Search 11) [8pp]

Edits made. However, I didn't know how else to say hearing...

Aural - of or pertaining to hearing or the ear; "an animal with a very sensitive aural apparatus"

So I used hearing instead... unless you were wondering on the All word. I guess because there was a cost difference for a specific sense type vs. an entire sense.

Ozoe, I'm concerned about this character. Her backstory is considerably more melodramatically tragic than we like for characters on this site, and her personality doesn't sound like something that'll integrate well into our social structure. What can you do to make her sociable enough that other people will want to interact with her?

Sorry about that, after talking with you in chat realized that the character might be good for a novel, but not for this kind of setting. Totally agree. Changed it around, less drama, more upbeat and gave her a motivation to follow along the footsteps of the people she admires the most. (I'll eventually make NPC's for them, but figure they are PL3-4 and watch over a neighborhood area with training and a few gizmos.) I think she should be far more able to interact with people here, and hopefully have the drama level toned down enough.

I like this a lot better, Ozoe. Much less angst-waffle vibes here.

Some thoughts: No Sense Murderous Intent. We allow very few feats from Mecha and Manga, and that's not one of them. Might also be good if you could make yourself less dependent on your Sneak Attack. If you keep one Sneak Attack and put the rest in upping your melee attack, you'll be in better shape.

Ok after talking with Durf in chat, I think this is a little closer to caps most of the time. I dropped the sneak to 1, added an attack focus melee +3, dropped the sense murderous intent, and added an alternate power in the concealment array for dazzle, which makes sense for her. Is that what you were thinking of?

A few notes:

I took the liberty of editing the sheet layout, putting everything into alphabetical order, cleaning up some of the power notation, and putting the powered number values before the nonpowered versions (since the powered versions are the values most likely to be used or referenced at any given point in time).

At the moment, she's over her offensive PL caps. She's a PL7, with +12 melee attack (PL7 +5). That means her melee damage can't be higher than +2 (PL7 -5). If she just had her staff, she'd be hitting those caps. But Sneak Attack pushes her over them, giving her potentially +4 damage with her staff. That's not allowed. Feats like Sneak Attack give a cheap bonus because they're not as reliable as more expensive traits. They still count against caps.

The most simple answer would be for her to just ditch Sneak Attack.

A few of the powers were overbudget. I think you forgot that visual senses cost double for powers like Dazzle and Obscure. I dropped the power ranks to fit within the allotted points. If you want to increase them, you'll have to modify the powers in some way (narrow the focus to fewer sense types, or add some flaws).

If her Concealment and Obscure powers work by telepathically blocking other people's minds from perceiving her, then the -Phantasm flaw would be perfect for them.

At the moment, her Precognitive Sight doesn't have the +Ranged extra. That means she can only "see" things immediately adjacent to her. Was that intentional?

On a strategic note, a psychic character heavily dependent on their dodge bonus should seriously consider Uncanny Dodge (Mental), either as a feat or a Super-Sense.

At the moment, all the math on the sheet is correct. *passes the mic back to AA*

First, thank you very much Shaen for the tips and work. I appreciate it a lot.

Unless you changed the cap levels, I do think I am in. +10 for attack is +3, staff + sneak is +4 or -3 off cap.

I took your idea on Phantasm and added that to array and shifted the powers so they would fit in the array. That let me get dazzle back up to 7.

Finally, by doing the phantasm flaw, I saved 2 points on the array and I took two extra feats to help survivability and attack capabilities.

Oh and I placed Ranged on the precog sense and modified the blindness complication per AA's suggestion in chat.

Again, thank you very much.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but those powers are all messed up. :(

Phantasm (-1):This flaw applies to effects like Concealment, Illusion, Morph, Obscure, and others that alter how things appear. A phantasmal effect controls how others perceive things rather than creating an actual, physical, effect. A phantasm has no effect on a mindless subject (like most machines) and allows a Will saving throw to overcome the effect if an observer has any reason to believe it isn’t what it appears (just like detecting an illusion). Phantasm includes a measure of the Saving Throw flaw, so it doesn’t apply, although Additional Save may.

Phantasm is a perfectly valid flaw for Concealment and Obscure, but not Dazzle.

And even if it was, you wouldn't want to take it. Dazzle already has the Sense-Dependent (-1) flaw built in, which is why you get a Reflex save to avoid the entire effect before you make the Fortitude save. If you were able to add Phantasm, then you'd get a Will save on top of all that. Show me even a minion who can't make a DC17 save with two re-rolls.

In order to keep the character legal for play, I dropped the rank on the Dazzle to account for the loss of the Phantasm flaw and the corresponding increase in the cost-per-rank. Feel free to submit an edit request as soon as you decide how you want to modify it to get it back up to the PL cap.

• 3 months later...