Save Tonight [OOC]

For the record, Quote, the way to do what you were trying to do is probably

Obscure (Audio Senses, Extras: Selective, Flaws: Range [Touch]) [1PP/rank]

At a high enough rank to cover the ballroom. Which Eddie's VP is more than capable of whipping up.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spend an HP to clear the fatigue from the stunt.

Ah grappling how I loathe the.

So I Won the grapple. I choose throw and throw Erin at james. Or given my Ranged attack mod more likely in his general direction. Attack roll to hit James with improvised thrown Erin. (1d20+6=16) As James hasn't had his initiative come up yet I think he's flat footed? If so that hits if not that misses. Thrown damage is I think equal to no more than each of their toughness's? Or my strength damage. If my Strength damage that'll be a DC 31 toughness

Move: Move to James.

Standard: All out attack to initiate grapple. Attack roll to initiate Grapple followed by Grapple check. (1d20+15=31, 1d20+42=53) If that is successful I'll choose damage in the form of shakeing. DC 31 toughness.

Durf - you inflict damage with a thrown object (or person) equal to your STR bonus. And yes, James is flat-footed until his first initiative count comes up, unless he has Danger Sense and/or Uncanny Dodge.

Erin's going to interpose on the grapple, since she's conveniently and perhaps painfully found herself adjacent to James.

Toughness save for being thrown: 1d20+14=25 Bruised and stunned.

Mark will be spending an HP to clear the stun so she can interpose.

Erin mechanically can't win the grapple check, she is grappled, again.

Powerstunting:

Mental Transform 11 (Completely alter the targets memories (2/r); Extras: Duration/Continuous, Mental, Range/Perception, Area, Selective; Flaws: Round: Full, Distracting) {44}

That's plenty to cover the ballroom. Psyche is excluding: Everyone at her table/in YF (James, Mark, Erin, Trevor, Mike, Zoe) and any other psychics out of professional courtesy.

Well, I don't know what the hell just happened, but Alder tells me that Erin can have moved across the room by the time Eddie appears with the car, so she will be interposing for James or whoever else she is adjacent to who might be in danger from the car.

Yea AA told quote we were out of rounds. This is effectively the start of a new combat, and a surprise round. Anyone with danger sense gets their check to have it go off. Anyone else is surprised.

Surprise doesn't stop reactions however so interpose is still valid, though without uncanny dodge/danger sense anyone trying such will be flat footed for the attempt.

Cars are generally AOEish effects so anyone near James is a potential target. This includes as of the end of hte last combat: Mike, Mark, James, and if she moved to there in the downtime Erin.

Once We have quotes full details we'll see what exactly goes on.

Okay, so.... combat round dropped for everyone but Trevor who was on the trail.

Before this goes *any* further, I need that power stunt up.

Erin can be in range to interpose, as combat dropped. Then we're back in rounds, skipping Eddie who'll be at the top of the new order. Concious or not. For ease, I'm keeping the rest of the order the same.

Let it never be said that Eddie is incapable of doing incredibly stupid things.

Music Mastery

ESP 8 (200 miles - Radio Sense; Extras: Action/Free; Flaws: Medium/Audio Equipment, Feedback) [4pp]

Speed 13 (Extras: Affects Objects; Flaws: Limited to Objects) [13pp]

Accurate Radio Sense [2pp]

Attack 3 [6pp]

Teleport 12 (Extras: Accurate; Flaws: Range/Short, Distracting, Side Effect[-2]; PF: Progression 5 [5000lbs], Change Direction) [11pp]

Side Effect: Stun 9

35pp total

---

Okay, Eddie is going to make a slam attack against James using the car. I just read the rules, and that's a full round action to charge, he will use Extra Effort to Surge and gain the move action required to teleport the car. He will use the Full move of the car plus the speed ranks. Sports Car (5) + Speed (13) = 18 +2 from slam = Rank 20 attack. Eddie will All-out-Attack 5, and Power Attack 4. Totalling a Rank 24 attack. This attack is at a +9 to hit (Attack [8] + AoA [5] - PA [4])

Attack with Car (1d20+9=23) I believe that hits. If it does not, I still have HPs

From the Slam attack, Eddie takes damage equal to 1/2 the DC rounded down. therefore, Rank 12 or DC 27 Toughness DC 27 (1d20+13=16) Hmmm.... Fail by 11. I can deal with that. I'll take the staggered and stunned condition. I feel it's appropriate.

Eddie also needs to save vs. the Side Effect power. DC 19 fortitude: DC 19 fort (1d20+7=9) He fails by 10 and is UNCONSCIOUS! I will not re-roll that either for the awesomeness of this failure cannot be outmatched! :D

I'm pretty sure that's everything for my part. James has a DC 39 toughness save coming his way! :D

Ok to use movement powers in a slam you must move the distance of one move action. As rank 22 speed is like lightspeed or higher obviously he doesn't have the room to do that.

We're willing to say traffic is light and he gets a couple blocks of runway. I'd say he can manage speed 4 +1 for every 5 he gets over 10 on a drive check. (And no he can't rework his VP to get drive ranks that's been set for the round)

23 will miss Erin but only by one so she'll still be caught in the AOE of the "Large object" I'm going to say that anyone within 5' of James is effected as well so Mike, Mark and Erin. Erin is already taking the shot for James though so he's safe. Mike will interpose for his squishy buddy Mark ;) Reflex DC = 10+damage bonus

Damage bonus = 2(normal move) + 4(Speed) + 1 for every five Eddies drive check exceeds 10

So give us that Drive check quote.

Forced re-roll of Attack with Car (1d20+9=20)

20 still hits James' Defense.

Shouldn't the speed count for a little more than that?

A) It's a freeway

B) it's at night.

C) it's only rank 18 speed that's only 500,000 feet.

Anyways, Drive check:

Drive (1d20+2=12)

Let it ride.

Speed 6 +2 = rank 8. pfft whatever. Although that means that Eddie's earlier save DC drops from DC 29 to 19, which he only fails by 3, leaving him Bruised and Injured, not Staggered, Stunned, Disabled. However, he's still unconscious from failing the Stun Save.