"I already heard everything I need to from Eddie," Erin murmured aloud, turning her head towards Alex's office. She could form up thoughts in her head for Alex to read in a pinch, but just saying the words aloud was simpler. "I'll wait out here." Turning back to Trevor, she took the hand he'd left hanging in midair. "You caught the culprit while the rest of us were trying to mitigate the damage," she pointed out. "I couldn't have done it. I wouldn't even have thought to look around until it was too late. You had a lot more success than I did trying to stop Mike or Eddie," she added with a smile rueful enough to be half-grimace. "At least I absorbed most of the impacts with my head, so no harm done. I'm just sorry everything got so messed up."

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Oh crap! Seriously!?- Mark's thoughts were a muddle of shock and surprise, mixed with a rush of emotions Psyche was all-too-familiar with from even accidental brushes with other minds in a campus full of teenage boys. She caught a brief sensory impression: Zarana was evidently a very determined kisser. -I sort of thought you were at least going to call Summers, or something-mmph!- He'd actually taken the time to think 'Mmph' while necking in a closet. -Look, I'll...I'll get there soon as I can. Really. I mean...no, not like that! Look, I'll get there!-

"Hey," Trevor began, squeezing Erin's hand lightly, "enough with the self-deprecation stuff, okay?" Stepping forward, he placed his free hand on her waist, a small smile pulling at his lips beneath the brim of his fedora. "You kicked major ass." The colloquialism sounded odd coming from the laconic youth, but his warmth in his soft voice made it an affectionate compliment. "Looked beautiful doing it, too."

"Zoe I'm not going to tell you how angry or disappointed I am about all of this." he finally said, "You already know that."

[bg=#0000BF]"Well you just said it, so yeah. As if ripping up the ballroom wasn't a big farking clue."[/bg]

"But I need you to understand that all of this has got to stop." he said gesturing at her petulant posture and walls he knew she was already reinforcing. "You are not alone and what you do effects the rest of us we deserve better than this." he further explained.

He took a deep breath holding up one hand for her to hold off her response, "I need you to understand that when Alex found out who you really are we fought over what our role with you here was going to be." he said evenly, and fought was an understatement, thanks to their mental connection the fight had been short in time but hard fought on both sides. "I was able to convince her that we needed to step back and let you handle things. That we are not the parents you know and its not our place to try and pretend like we are." he finished a little sadly.

Zoe crossed her arms in front of her. [bg=#0000BF]"You're right. You're not those people yet, even though you remind me so much of 'em it scares me. You're the same age as me. So you don't get to give me advice on stuff you're still going through yourselves. You don't get to lecture me or tell me what I can and can't do and who I can and can't do it with. No one can, because I am alone here. I don't exist. Just ask the government. And you guys really gotta step getting so attached to me. Some day, there could be another Z running around, the one you guys actually have together. And she's gonna need your full attention, and she isn't gonna wanna be pre-judged based on me. And even if she doesn't show up, I don't know how this time-travel sprak works. I could disappear at any time. Especially if I change the future that brought me here. Which I will."[/bg]

Mike looked into her eyes, "You have decisively proven me wrong on at least one point. We may not be the parents you know but we are the ones you have and you do need us." he laid one hand gently on her shoulder, "I had hoped you'd come to us, trust us, even lean on us. But you haven't and we see where that has gotten us."

Zoe sank into her chair, some of the fight already drained out of her. [bg=#0000BF]"Yeah, I'm doing a real bang-up job doing it all on my own, I know. I'm farking up. I get it. And I do trust you guys. You're the most honest and honorable people I've ever met. And I know you'd do anything for me. That doesn't mean you should. Heh. You know the really ironic part? None of this sprak woulda happened tonight, except that when Daisy spread those nasty rumors about Mom and tried to pick a fight with you and Mark, I decided to teach her a lesson. And this is her hitting the ball back over the net. But she wouldn't have thought Mark knocked up Mom in the first place if I hadn't showed up. So we follow the blame trail back far enough, and it's like a circle, always leading back to me." She shrugged her shoulders. "I dunno what to say other than 'I'm sorry' for the millionth farking time."[/bg] She rested her elbow against the chair's arm, and let her face fall into her hand, rubbing her eyes.

'Eddie would like the chance to apologize and speak with everyone. I told him I would pass the message along. The choice, of course, is yours.'

Zoe snarled, then bolted up out of her chair and race through the walls into the other room with Eddie and Alex. [bg=#0000BF]"Eddie wants to talk? Eddie Ozan? The guy who's so sure he owns my body that he thinks he's got the right to kill anyone else who touches it or even looks at it? That Eddie?!" She glared down at him. "I'd tell that Eddie to go die in a fire, but the fark-up already proved that he can't even get that part right."[/bg]

Mike sighed heavily at her reply. He couldn't say it was much different than he had expected but none the less the heap of self loathing stung. He sat and listened however not interrupting any of her absurd assertions as to what he could or could not do nor her even more outlandish assumptions of blame for all the ills of the group.

The big youth perked at Alex's mental call and looked back to Zoe to see if she was joining them but she had already vanished. Not that that was surprising. Without really pushing he couldn't match her speed but managed to get to the office in time to hear the tirade still. 'I'm here.' he thought simply to Alex as he rested on long arm across her shoulders, 'She's not ready to listen yet but she will soon enough.'

That taken care of he turned to Eddie face open and curious what the boy had to say. He understood losing control it can happen now it was time to see how Eddie handled it.

[bg=#0000BF]"Eddie wants to talk? Eddie Ozan? The guy who's so sure he owns my body that he thinks he's got the right to kill anyone else who touches it or even looks at it? That Eddie?!" She glared down at him. "I'd tell that Eddie to go die in a fire, but the fark-up already proved that he can't even get that part right."[/bg]

"Sorry to disappoint, but that Eddie's not here. You punched the crap out of him and he ran home with his tail between his legs." Eddie looked up at her from his chair. "Please, I need you to stay."

Alex turned her face into Mike's shoulder, letting some of the tension leach out of her frame as she leaned on the strength offered. She dutifully relayed, "Mark's on his way. Erin's not coming."

'Mike...?' It was all she said down their bond but it was a wordless request for his support and absolution. Alex's shields were battered from the emotions running high and this next little encounter was unlikely to be much better. If not worse. If Alex could have hidden in his brain, she would have.

Erin put her free hand on Trevor's shoulder, so that they stood as though about to start dancing again, for all that the music was long gone. "Thanks," she told him, her smile losing the ragged edges and becoming more genuine. "The party's pretty much over, it looks like. I think we probably better stick around awhile in case anyone freaks out again, but after that, you want to get some coffee?"

Mike gave Alex's shoulders a light squeeze of comfort and support, 'You did what was best, no need to second guess yourself now.' he thought to his girlfriend in support. He then turned is attention to Eddie, "We're not making anyone come or stay they've been told you would like them to be here if they are willing they will be here." he intoned solemly, "I'm willing to give you a chance and hear what you have to say but stop with the whining at those who are not, you might be able to earn their trust again but it won't be with a simple speech."

He spared a glance for Zoe his face clearly telegraphing that he was speaking to her over their shared mental connection, 'It's your choice. But I'm here for you if you want to stay.' he offered wordlessly.

Just when everyone thought Mark wasn't going to show, the luckiest boy in the world came running up to Alex's office door, looking as if he'd been in a fight himself. His suit jacket and tie were gone and his shirt half-open, his hair mussed, and it looked like something had scratched the side of his neck. "Guys, guys, I'm here!" he said, sounding a little out of breath. "She...I mean, I've got exactly FIVE minutes!" He burst into Alex's office. "Made it!"

Through sheer force of will, Trevor managed to ignore Mark's hurried passing as he smiles back at Erin, showing pearly white teeth. "Have to ask?" he replied, lightly tapping his forehead against her own, tipping his fedora slightly back and away from his face in the process. "Still, not leaving without at least one dance." Taking his hand from her waist momentarily, he produced the a set of small, black headphones from his suit jacket, passing Erin one of the earbuds and donning the other himself. A soft waltz played from the music player still in his pocket, and if the short cord forced them to keep their heads close together, well, that worked out fairly well, as far as the lean young man was concerned.

James stepped in, apparently the last to arrive. He closed the door behind him, with deliberate delicateness. He was doing his utmost to keep those rolling emotions in check and buried deep. Very deep. He used every bit of skill to keep a minimum from leeking out. Likely only Alex could read him at all, and he was doing his best to limit that for her sake. Everyone had a pretty bad night it seemed. He took a few deliberate steps away from the door, moving to the corner of Alex's office, only half facing everyone.

Having slipped into the office moments before James, Eve was leaning against wall in the corner across from him, her arms folded across her chest and giving Eddie a sidelong glance. Though not a member of Young Freedom, Eve noted that when many had their memories of the nights events altered she was deliberately passed over. The tiny telepath interpreted this as both a courtesy and an invitation to resolve matters. Which suited her just fine because having to perform acrobatic feats in a hideously expensive floor length gown to dodge an automobile that had no earthly business in a ballroom had left her more than a little irritated.

"Before I start, I can only ask that you let me do this all at once. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to do this at all, but if I don't do it all at once, I may never get it out at all."When everyone was finally assembled, Eddie looked at each of them in turn. He made sure he met their gaze. Zoe's he met last and longest. He steadied himself, sucked down his tears, and then began, and so did the song that he'd picked out.

[groove]21817918[/groove]

"What I did tonight was inexcusable. I was so angry earlier that I just completely lost control and went nuts. I don't deserve forgiveness, and I'm not going to ask for it. From any of you." He stopped and looked around, letting the first part of his speech sink in.

Eddie began addressing each of the people in the room one by one, "Alex, I made a wreck of your night, and for that I am deeply and truly sorry. If I could take back what I did, I would do it in a second. But we both know that's impossible. I also owe you a thank you for asking the rest to be here." Eddie hung his head for a second, and moved on, finding it hard to find any more words to say to the gracious host. "Mike, you really had a shot at having a great night with Alex for once. It's something that you truly deserve, and I ruined that for you. For that you have my sincerest apologies." Erin wasn't present, so he considered sending his message to her radio. He decided against it. What he had to say should be done in person, and he would save it for the next time they met, if ever.

"Mark," Eddie approached the disheveled love bird. "Thanks for coming. I promise I'll make this quick. After that stunt I pulled tonight, I'm lucky to be alive. I'm lucky no one was hurt. I'm lucky I didn't kill anyone, and I'm lucky the car didn't cause more damage than it did. If you can't tell where I'm going with this already, I'm lucky you were here tonight. Without you, things might not have turned out the same. I'm glad you were here, and I'm sorry things turned out the way they did." Eddie turned to Sage, "Eve, I don't really know you, but my actions affected everyone here in some way or another. Since we've barely met, you'll have to forgive my rather impersonal apology. But you should know, and I'm sure you could tell if you wanted to, that it comes from the bottom of my heart."

Eddie hesitated. It was time for his final two apologies. Gathering his strength, he turned to James. "James, you're a terrible drunk. Watch it when you go out next time." He let that unexpected comment hang in the air for a few seconds before continuing. "But you know what? I forgive you. It's obvious now that what you did was either an accident, or a mistake, or something. But whatever it was, I can't hold you responsible. I'm sorry for hitting you after you patched me up. I was still bitter, and that was uncalled for." Eddie's apology to James so far had been laced with sarcastic comments. But anyone in the room could tell that it was no less genuine for them. The tone just made it easier for him to say, "When Hallmark comes out with an, 'I'm sorry I tried to murder you with your own mustang and destroyed both the car and our friendship in the process,' card, you'll be the first one I buy it for. James, you've been to hell, and we helped you back. Well, don't bother coming to get me, I'm pretty sure I deserve to stay here."

Eddie closed his eyes and was silent for a long time, maybe thirty seconds even. When he opened them, he turned them towards Zoe. "Zoe," He'd saved her for last for good reason. He quietly crossed the room to stand in front of her. He reached up to touch her cheek with his hand, but it halted before it got there. He'd suddenly remembered what she'd said about never wanting to touch him again. He dropped his hand back to his side with a sigh. "Zoe, I want you to konw that I was madly in love with you from the moment I laid eyes on you. Part of me still is," He shrugged, helpless against his own feelings. "I never told you, because I was pretty sure it would have made you gag, but I don't care anymore. I'm laying it all out. You could have been the one for me, Zoe. I really mean that. I would have given it all up for you. Everything. The band, music, everything." Eddie gave yet another dejected sigh, knowing what he was about to say to her, "Yea, you screwed that up. But after all we've been through together, I'm surprised you don't know me better. You should have told me from the start. Yea, of course I would have been upset, maybe even heartbroken like you said. But I would have thanked you for being honest, and I would have gotten over it. I loved you just that much." He paused to give a shake of his head. "The pain I felt from having to hear it from someone else was indescribable. I can't imagine it would being worse if you had told me. Because of that, Zoe, you are right. There's no going back for us." Eddie meant it. Even now as he looked at her, he could feel the feelings he once felt for her crumbling in his hands and leaking through his fingers like so much sand from an hourglass. "So, yea, you screwed up. But that's nothing compared to what I did. But unlike everyone else in this room, I'm not so sure I owe you an apology. But by the time I figure things out on my end, I might not have another chance. So I'm going to eat my pride, or whatever else it is that made me do what I did, and I'm going to give you one anyway, because what I think doesn't really matter to me anymore. I'm sorry. I'm sorry you weren't the one. I'm sorry our relationship is in shambles. I'm sorry that I felt so strongly about you that it caused me to destroy cars, friendships, people's respect in me, my reputation, everything. I am so very sorry, Zoe." Eddie hazarded a glance at Mike and Alex, "I also have a promise to make you, Zoe. I will always remember everything you've taught me. All the lessons I've learned, and the love I have for you, I'm going to pour into every single song I write. And I hope to god that one day in the future when your actually born, I hope Mike and Alex forbid that Zoe from listening to my music, so that she can go out of her way to get her hands on it and listen to it anyway. I hope that when she does she falls in love with it just like you did. Because I will have sung every one of those songs for her." He turned back and gave Zoe one final pointed look, "For you."

Eddie turned away from Zoe, and addressed the group once more. "I don't know what's going to happen now. Ol' Dunc's probably going to expel me for this, and I'm sure I deserve it. But originally I had planned to tour with ODK starting in a few days. I'm not sure if the band still exists anymore, but if it does, I'm going to salvage it, and I am going to tour. I am hoping that tour will give me enough time away from this city and away from all of you to let this settle. And if somehow in September, there's a place for me at Claremont, I hope to god we can just start over." Eddie let out a deep breath and his shoulders slumped. Suddenly, he looked very tired. "There. I've said it all. I've told you everything I could. There's nothing else I can do."

Zoe crossed her arms over her chest, leaned against the wall next to the open door, and raised an eyebrow, shooting Eddie a skeptical look.

"What I did tonight was inexcusable."

[bg=#0000BF]"Yeah, you're right. It was."[/bg]

"I don't deserve forgiveness, and I'm not going to ask for it."

[bg=#0000BF]"Good, 'cause you're not getting it."[/bg]

Eddie closed his eyes and was silent for a long time, maybe thirty seconds even. When he opened them, he turned them towards Zoe. He reached up to touch her cheek with his hand, but it halted before it got there. He'd suddenly remembered what she'd said about never wanting to touch him again. He dropped his hand back to his side with a sigh. "Zoe, I want you to konw that I was madly in love with you from the moment I laid eyes on you. Part of me still is," He shrugged, helpless against his own feelings. "I never told you, because I was pretty sure it would have made you gag, but I don't care anymore. I'm laying it all out."

Zoe teared up, and her expression softened for a few moments. [bg=#0000BF]"I wouldn't've gagged, Eddie. I loved you, too. I just didn't wanna be the first one to say it. And I guess I just wasn't ready to be tied down."[/bg] Then she looked away, gritted her teeth, sniffled, wiped her eyes, and resumed her glare. [bg=#0000BF]"I wouldn't've done the things we did with just anyone. But now maybe I will."[/bg]

"So, yea, you screwed up. But that's nothing compared to what I did. But unlike everyone else in this room, I'm not so sure I owe you an apology. But by the time I figure things out on my end, I might not have another chance. So I'm going to eat my pride, or whatever else it is that made me do what I did, and I'm going to give you one anyway, because what I think doesn't really matter to me anymore. I'm sorry. I'm sorry you weren't the one. I'm sorry our relationship is in shambles. I'm sorry that I felt so strongly about you that it caused me to destroy cars, friendships, people's respect in me, my reputation, everything. I am so very sorry, Zoe."

[bg=#0000BF]"You're so very sorry about trying to kill everyone. But it's not really your fault, 'cause you loved us all so much. That's nice. Try to sound less like a supervillain, Eddie."[/bg]

"I don't know what's going to happen now. Ol' Dunc's probably going to expel me for this, and I'm sure I deserve it."

[bg=#0000BF]"Yeah. You deserve to be expelled. On your way to jail, you farking psycho."[/bg]

"But originally I had planned to tour with ODK starting in a few days. I'm not sure if the band still exists anymore, but if it does, I'm going to salvage it, and I am going to tour. I am hoping that tour will give me enough time away from this city and away from all of you to let this settle. And if somehow in September, there's a place for me at Claremont, I hope to god we can just start over."

[bg=#0000BF]"Good. Go. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out."[/bg]

Eddie let out a deep breath and his shoulders slumped. Suddenly, he looked very tired. "There. I've said it all. I've told you everything I could. There's nothing else I can do."

[bg=#0000BF]"You're right. There isn't. Goodbye, Eddie."[/bg]

Zoe turned around and walked out the door.

Every piece of electronic equipment on Eddie's body suddenly stopped working with a hiss of white noise. For those looking, the harried expression on Mark's face suddenly turned into a flash of grief and anger, his eyes flashing an all-too-familiar black for a second. "Goddamn you, Ozan. Goddamn you," said Mark, all the anger at the world he'd been repressing for weeks blasting out at the nearest convenient target. "You go home every night to parents that love you, that give you everything you want, that let you run around buying beer and working in a real job! You're a superhero who goes to school with the greatest superheroes in the world! And you spat in the face of that, of everything, because your girlfriend screwed another guy?!? You ungrateful bastard."

His voice shaking, Mark turned to the others, seeing the faces of friends with strong emotions wrapped across them. "I've stood by all of you through the worst times of my life. And the best. We're all tired, and angry, and hurting right now. I'm not going to stand here and scream at you about that. Because if there's anything I've learned in the last few weeks, it's that...it's that words don't make any difference. It's what you do that counts." He looked at some of them, the door where Zoe had gone, James, and Mike, then let his eyes cast over the people who he thought had actually done the deed.

"You're better than this. All of you. So be better. You can start by finding whoever put the hacker up to this and knocking her, or him, on their butt and dragging them into see Summers." His watch blinked, and he looked down. "Time's up! I need to get back before she...ahem!" He gave everyone as serious a look as he could muster before hurrying out the door as fast as he could go.

James stood apart, half looking out the window as Eddie spewed forth his explanation. He couldn't blame Zoe's response, though Mark's was a little bit of a surprise. He couldn't necessarily fault him though. It was amazing in it's own way. But Mark had done a bit of growing himself lately and lost those rose colored glasses.

Still, James was quiet as he listened. He wasn't quite ready to leave either. And Eddie deserved some response. His voice was even and calm as he addressed Breakdown. "Eddie. Let's be real. You tried to kill me. Now, admittedly, I it wouldn't be the first time and what I did was out of line. If you had tried to deck me or beat me up or anything along those lines, I'd saw we were square. That's not even all of it either. But...there were a lot of people here who could have been hurt. And you damn near took out some of the others, our friends. I might be able to handle the attempted murder bit. Maybe. Eventually. Now though? You went way over the line. Go grow up for a while. Come back and talk to me after you've done that for a bit. We'll see where we stand then. But for now, we're done."

He didn't move just yet; instead he turned to look out the window. He might be needed and he certainly didn't want go back out on to where certain people were dancing.

Eddie only stood and listened, as Zoe spat back at him. Man, that stings. But you deserve it. You're an ass.

Then Mark piped up. When the hell did he change so much? How did I miss that? I... He's right. About all of it.

Then he listened to James. I deserve all of that as well. But I'm going to show him that I can do this.

Eddie turned his head expectantly towards Alex, Mike, and Eve. Zero for three. Yahtzee?

--Like you said, we have barely met, so I will forgive your impersonal apology provided you forgive my impersonal dismissal of it,-- Eve remarked, the icy tone of her mental voice resonating in the minds of those present. --I am a heartbeat away from contacting the authorities, but I think that is something you should do on your own. If you really are as sorry as you say you will do what is right and turn yourself in and get the therapy you require. Pain and tragedy, both emotional and physical is often unavoidable, but losing your cool is unforgivable.--

The small white-haired girl stopped and shrugged, --That's all. Grow up, get your head straight, and don't beg for forgiveness. If they decide to give it to you it won't be because of your crying for it.--

During the course of Eve's little spiel, she directed a private thought to James, --You're not entirely blameless, but she is cute, so I can understand.--

Mike watched and listened to what Eddie had to say as well as the response from the others his face somewhat downcast. After Eve 'Said' her piece he looked to Alex and they exchanged a quick set of glances that usually indicated their own silent communication before he turned back to Eddie.

He spoke clearly and without malice, "We all make mistakes Eddie, its what you do with them that tells the kind of person you are." he said simply, "Mark is right, there is nothing you can say that is going to change a thing. All I want to see is repentance, not blame, not anger, just that." he explained solemnly, "Show us don't tell us." he said simply and turned to the door, "I'm sorry I have to go after Zoe, If you need anything..." he let the offer hand as he stepped out the door and rapidly scanned the building sight piercing walls like they weren't even there in his rapid search for Zoe. He reached out mentally to her as well, 'Zoe? We still have things to talk about.'

"I wouldn't mind one more dance," Erin told Trevor, taking the earbud and putting it in her ear. She couldn't name the music, but it was slow and beautiful, and it made her feel a little better after the tumultuous evening. As they danced, she stepped closer, till their cheeks were nearly touching. "Yeah, this is a much better way to end the evening," she murmured. The corridor outside Alex's office wasn't exactly the most romantic of locales, but it didn't matter for that moment.

The song was coming to an end when the door banged open and Zoe stalked out, walking right past them as she headed towards the nearest bank of elevators. She didn't seem to be in any mood to talk, so Erin just made a note of where she was heading and let her be. Another minute passed and Mark came bolting out of the room, looking as disheveled as he had when he'd gone in, but no worse. Judging by the silly grin and the thumbs up he gave Erin as he passed, Mark at least wasnt' terribly distressed by whatever Eddie'd had to say. Or he was just really focused on his immediate future.

Erin took a step back and handed Trevor his earbud back, though she held onto his hand another moment. "Looks like things are breaking up in there, though hopefully not literally," she commented. As if on cue, the door opened again and Mike walked out, obviously looking for someone. "She headed for the elevators," Erin called helpfully.

Zoe didn't bother to look at Erin or Trevor or anyone else as she walked back to the elevator.

'Zoe? We still have things to talk about.'

[bg=#0000BF]So talk. Who's stopping you?[/bg] As soon as she felt Mike's voice in her mind, she reached down, slid off her heels, and took off running for real, far faster than even he could keep up with.

When she reached the elevators, she didn't even bother to press the button. Instead glancing to see which one happened to be heading downard at the moment, and thinking she was merely vibrating herself at super-speeds, she wrenched herself free of the time-space continuum, existing a fraction of a second out of synch with the rest of Reality. She effortlessly passed through the closed elevator doors and let herself fall down the shaft, until she dropped through the roof of the elevator car. Then she dragged herself back into synch, just in time for her feet to hit the floor.

Once inside the elevator, Zoe slid back against the corner and slumped down to a sitting position on the floor. She rested her head against the wall, facing the corner. Then she pulled her knees up to her chest and began sobbing.

Alex mentally provided Zoe's location to Mike along with, 'I'll be there when you two need me.' as she stood up from where she'd been perched. With only a small nod to Sage, she scooted around to the shelf and picked up the Kleenex. Alex didn't have any speeches for him, she just went over to stick the Kleenex in his hand and then pulled Eddie gently into her arms, pushing his head down on her slender shoulder as she slipped her arms around his waist and waited patiently for Eddie to cry himself out.

Yahtzee, Eddie thought, as the fifth one of his friends left him to his own devices. He was astonished, when he didn't also catch a solid grilling from Alex. He was even more taken aback by the tissue, and even further speechless when she comforted him.

And cry Eddie did. He'd managed to hold back his tears long enough to say his peace. But now it was time to let them go, and as he wrapped his arms around Alex that is exactly what he did. As everyone else cleared out of the room, Eddie cried on the shoulder of possibly the only friend he had left, if she was even that.

Minutes later when his eyes were dry and he had no more tears to shed, he pulled himself away from her, "Thank you. Again." He fought off a sniffle. "Can you take me to Summers? I want to be the one that tells him what happened. That is if he doesn't already know. By the same principle I gave Zoe. I think its just better when you hear it from the person responsible."

Mike mouthed a silent thanks to Erin and oddly turned the other direction to dash through one of the other offices and out the window. In seconds he strode through the front doors of the building and up to the bank of elevators watching as the one with Zoe rode in descended.

As the doors slid open he said nothing only stepped in and crouched down next to her wrapping her in his arms, 'Oh Zoe, you are not alone and you're not going to vanish or be replaced. You belong here.' He thought to her comfortingly, 'That isn't going to change with anything you do.' He continued to hold her as long as she allowed and offered, 'So there's this great diner not far from my parents house, Hows a hand mixed shake sound?' Zoe likely knew the diner well as it remained one of Mikes favorite eateries as she grew up.