Erin shifted from foot to foot, watching the lights above the doors as the elevator descended. "I really don't think that's a good idea," she told him. "Just spitting out whatever crosses my mind... I can't do that. But I will agree to always tell you the truth." She glanced sidelong at him to gauge his reaction. Saying everything she thought would rapidly turn every conversation uncomfortable and morbid, and she was tired enough of that already.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trevor looked over to give Erin a rare smile showing rows of perfect teeth. "Can work with that," he assured her. As the elevator doors opened in the lobby, his mouth compressed to a thin line as he loosened his tie. Outside, the vintage limousine pulled up to the building, the motorcycle and garb of Midnight concealed in the trunk. "Now... let's get to work."

As the doors slid open, Mike said nothing. He just stepped in and crouched down next to her, wrapping her in his arms. 'Oh Zoe, you are not alone and you're not going to vanish or be replaced. You belong here.' He thought to her comfortingly, 'That isn't going to change with anything you do.'

Zoe hugged Mike back, sobbing quietly into his massive shoulder for a minute. She didn't think to screen her running mental monologue from either Mike or Alex. [bg=#0000BF]He tried to run over us with a car! Who does that! I mean, I know I seriously farked up here, but isn't vehicular manslaughter kinda extreme, even for Eddie?! I loved him. I mean, I wasn't ready to "commit" to him, obviously, but I really did love him. I wasn't just covering my own ass. I really didn't wanna break his heart!

And I knew it'd be the end of us if he ever found out, but I was still hoping, maybe later, in a few months or a few years, after we'd both grown up a little and Time could do the wound-healey thing, maybe we'd patch things up. But then he goes and slams that door shut, bricks it in, and welds steel plates over the bricks. I gave my virginity to a farking lunatic! Cheating on him and breaking his heart was a bad thing, yeah, but it's not like it's the worst thing I've ever done. This is the worst thing he's ever done! It's the worst thing he'll ever do! And after everything we shared, I never thought the worst thing he'd ever do would be to me! Not some supervillain who just killed a bunch of people! Me![/bg]

He continued to hold her as long as she allowed and offered, 'So there's this great diner not far from my parents house, Hows a hand mixed shake sound?' Zoe likely knew the diner well as it remained one of Mikes favorite eateries as she grew up.

[bg=#0000BF]Yeah, I remember the place. We used to go there all the time. That sounds good. I'm starving.[/bg] She laughed weakly as she wiped her eyes and cheeks, still sniffling.

Mike held her as her thoughts streamed out and he couldn't really argue that she wasn't right on at least some of those counts. HE gathered her up into his arms and in a flashed they were streaking across the skyline towards Hanover, 'I'm taking Zoe over to the Diner by my folks place.' he thought to Alex sure she'd follow as soon as she was able to get away from the mess back there.

It took less than a minute to cross the sky to the diner but with Zoe, Mike could speak at the speed of thought, 'He overreacted to say the least, when a normal teenager flies off the handle a window gets broken or someones car gets keyed.' He said repentantly not feeling absolved of his own indiscretions by Eddies larger one. 'When one of us loses it the repercussions are far more dire.' he added solemnly. 'I can't say that I'm happy about you and Eddie or you and James or any of this. But we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them.' He told her more to comfort her than excuse Eddies mammoth screw up. 'We can only be responsible to ourselves to learn those lessons though Alex and I are here for you if you need us.' And he knew now more than ever that she did.