Tripwire Preliminary Build

I counted 22 Feats, not 23.

Nearly half this character's damage is from Sneak Attack (or maybe not -- AFAIK, Sneak Attack cannot go above caps) and he only has one way of making enemies flat-footed. I'd give him Acrobatic Bluff or just plain ol' Buff, at the very least; preferably some Dazzle (Visual) as well.

What does Power Loss: Hands means in the Garrote Array?

I don't see where you paid for the 5 APs.

A garrote doesn't strike me as a particularly heroic weapon. I know this guy used to be an assassin, but sneaking up behind someone and choking them seems more like something a vigilante would do.

I counted 22 Feats, not 23.

I recounted several times and I'm pretty sure 23 is right.

Nearly half this character's damage is from Sneak Attack (or maybe not -- AFAIK, Sneak Attack cannot go above caps) and he only has one way of making enemies flat-footed. I'd give him Acrobatic Bluff or just plain ol' Buff, at the very least; preferably some Dazzle (Visual) as well.

Duly noted. I'll see if there's a way I can work that out with the points.

What does Power Loss: Hands means in the Garrote Array?

If he can't use his hands, he can't use the array. I thought it was pretty self explanatory, but I guess not.

I don't see where you paid for the 5 APs.

I lumped that cost in with the cost of the full array. I'll change it so you can see the cost in the base power's cost as well so it's easier to read.

A garrote doesn't strike me as a particularly heroic weapon. I know this guy used to be an assassin, but sneaking up behind someone and choking them seems more like something a vigilante would do.

You make a good point here Rav. I hadn't decided exactly how he was going to be a hero, or how he was going to be motivated that way, or how he would utilize his powers for good. When I write up his history I may be inspired to simply submit him as an NPC and change his name from "Tripwire" to "Chokeline" or the less inventive "Garrote" and have him be a really sneaky badguy for some of the less powerful heroes on the forum to have some adventures with. But, we'll see what happens. I'm not completely done and I've already started and dropped like 4 PL10 ideas so I wouldn't be bothered at all if I ended up turning him into a villain.

Thanks for the input Rav. I'll make the appropriate changes and do another count on points just to make sure I'm not crazy.

OK, here's my first iteration of my PL 10 character Tripwire.

I'm envisioning an ex-assassin with either cybernetic enhancements or some kind of energy/magic cords as descriptors for his Garrote Wire Array. Don't worry about the history or the concept just yet, I'll make sure he's pretty tame by the time he's actually a hero in our game. Let me know if there's anything that seems off, that I miscalculated, that's blatantly against the rules, or that I could improve upon.

Also, I'm sure that there are some really good complications or drawbacks that I can add to this character... I just don't know what to use. Any suggestions on that front would also be appreciated.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Carbon

... are you aware how much that line I bolded makes you sound like a horrible, horrible 90s Kid-esque player?

"Ex-Assassin" is something that's probably not going to work as a PC Hero in this setting.

Also, garrotes are probably the least Heroic weapons I can think of, so I'd really prefer not seeing that, either. (And, no, I don't want anyone suggesting weapons which could be even less heroic.)