Kid Hero Team Redux

Barnum

The original thread is HERE but the conversation/concept there has drifted so much I thought a new thread was in order.

1. This is going to be a kid hero team campaign. Kid = 6 to 11ish.

2. This is not a campaign I am going to run. It is a campaign I am going to play in. I'm sure we will find some Refs to help us from time to time as the need arises.

3. PL 6/ 90 PPs. Remember, you can only have 1 PL 10 and 1 PL 6 hero/villain here, so you may have to retire one of your characters to join.

What still needs to be done:

-We need to decided on a HQ. If everyone takes 1 Rank of Equipment, that should be enough for us to do it, but to really make it plausible (even in a comic sense) we probably need one kid hero with lots of money.

-We need to decide on a team history/origin.

It's been a few weeks since we first started on this, but this is the current roster of people who have characters made:

Current Roster:

Barnum - Entropy - 10 year old sorceress (Deadboy's sister).

Cosmicarus - Deadboy - 8 year old living skeleton (Entropy's brother).

Hero4Hire - Kid Kong - 12 year old monkey-boy.

Mr. Fantastic - Johnny Xtreme - 11 year old speedster.

I think this is plenty for our "founding members." If anyone else wants to join, I'm sure we can fit you in.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original thread is HERE but the conversation/concept there has drifted so much I thought a new thread was in order.

2. This is not a campaign I am going to run. It is a campaign I am going to play in. I'm sure we will find some Refs to help us from time to time as the need arises.

3. PL 6/ 90 PPs. Remember, you can only have 1 PL 10 and 1 PL 6 hero/villain here, so you may have to retire one of your characters to join.

-We need to decided on a HQ. If everyone takes 1 Rank of Equipment, that should be enough for us to do it, but to really make it plausible (even in a comic sense) we probably need one kid hero with lots of money.

It's been a few weeks since we first started on this, but this is the current roster of people who have characters made:

Current Roster:

I think this is plenty for our "founding members." If anyone else wants to join, I'm sure we can fit you in.

Current Roster:

Great! Still really looking forward to this, B.

Hey! You're back! :D

And you're fired! :evil:

You are more than welcome to jump in as one of the "founders." What did you have in mind by way of merging your background with the team? Or did you want to RP all that out as we go?

Well, that's a toughy. I'm still keen on playing out Daisuke's experiences in Japan. Getting his name, deciding to be a hero, meeting his first bad guy, etc, but I've figured out most of that in advance. The only thing I'm not clear on is how he gets to Freedom City.

Oh wait! Brainstorm! Okay, I figured his first real "bad guy" would be Doc Otaku, who is back in Japan laying low after some suitably nefarious scheme went wrong. However, let's assume he comes back over, with Mashin-kun stowing away after escaping from his clutches. Once in Freedom, however, he'll likely start up his heroing once again, so I wouldn't be adverse to RPing their first meeting. Or we could just glaze over that and get to the good stuff. :)

You are more than welcome to jump in as one of the "founders." What did you have in mind by way of merging your background with the team? Or did you want to RP all that out as we go?

Well, that's a toughy. I'm still keen on playing out Daisuke's experiences in Japan. Getting his name, deciding to be a hero, meeting his first bad guy, etc, but I've figured out most of that in advance. The only thing I'm not clear on is how he gets to Freedom City.

Oh wait! Brainstorm! Okay, I figured his first real "bad guy" would be Doc Otaku, who is back in Japan laying low after some suitably nefarious scheme went wrong. However, let's assume he comes back over, with Mashin-kun stowing away after escaping from his clutches. Once in Freedom, however, he'll likely start up his heroing once again, so I wouldn't be adverse to RPing their first meeting. Or we could just glaze over that and get to the good stuff. :)

Fired!? Aw man, not again. If I had a girlfriend, she'd kill me.

You could always just jump into this game, V_M, and tell your other story at the same time - plenty of players are playing the same characters in different threads and stages of their career. :)

You could always just jump into this game, V_M, and tell your other story at the same time - plenty of players are playing the same characters in different threads and stages of their career. :)

Oh wait! Brainstorm! Okay, I figured his first real "bad guy" would be Doc Otaku, who is back in Japan laying low after some suitably nefarious scheme went wrong. However, let's assume he comes back over, with Mashin-kun stowing away after escaping from his clutches. Once in Freedom, however, he'll likely start up his heroing once again, so I wouldn't be adverse to RPing their first meeting. Or we could just glaze over that and get to the good stuff.

I think that works wonderfully. Let's give it a few more days to see if H4H and Mr. F. are going to check in.

In the next few weeks, the Circus is going to start and that might be a great place of all the kids to meet up and introduce new kid-heroes (you). Let me think on this a little bit, and I'll post my ideas.

You could always just jump into this game, V_M, and tell your other story at the same time - plenty of players are playing the same characters in different threads and stages of their career.

That works too! :D

Oh wait! Brainstorm! Okay, I figured his first real "bad guy" would be Doc Otaku, who is back in Japan laying low after some suitably nefarious scheme went wrong. However, let's assume he comes back over, with Mashin-kun stowing away after escaping from his clutches. Once in Freedom, however, he'll likely start up his heroing once again, so I wouldn't be adverse to RPing their first meeting. Or we could just glaze over that and get to the good stuff.

I think that works wonderfully. Let's give it a few more days to see if H4H and Mr. F. are going to check in.

In the next few weeks, the Circus is going to start and that might be a great place of all the kids to meet up and introduce new kid-heroes (you). Let me think on this a little bit, and I'll post my ideas.

You could always just jump into this game, V_M, and tell your other story at the same time - plenty of players are playing the same characters in different threads and stages of their career.

Once Body-Man gets up and running, i'd love to have him in a Hero group.

I know he's listed as a Villain, but i think that he's not there yet.

He's someone who, because of his disturbing power, and gross physical deformity that doesn't really fit in. Not quite an anti-hero.

More of a Morlock.