Sign in to follow this  
Barnum

Trick-or-Treat!

Velocity took a quick tour of the immediate vicinity and found little by way of an explanation for the strange creature. The streets were completely devoid of people; they all had successfully evacuated themselves. All that remained were lots of abandoned candy and litter.

The other heroes who looked closer at the body of the mummy, also did not discover much answer the question of its origins. The rags were completely limp now, but they were thick and heavy (surely heavier than burial rags). The head was completely misshapen from the repeated blows, but there was no blood . . . or dust . . . or anything one might expect from a giant mummy. And it didn't stink.

It wasn't until Hybrid dove into the carcass of the mummy itself, that some clue as to its origin was found.

Velocity took a quick tour of the immediate vicinity and found little by way of an explanation for the strange creature. The streets were completely devoid of people; they all had successfully evacuated themselves. All that remained were lots of abandoned candy and litter.

The other heroes who looked closer at the body of the mummy, also did not discover much answer the question of its origins. The rags were completely limp now, but they were thick and heavy (surely heavier than burial rags). The head was completely misshapen from the repeated blows, but there was no blood . . . or dust . . . or anything one might expect from a giant mummy. And it didn't stink.

It wasn't until Hybrid dove into the carcass of the mummy itself, that some clue as to its origin was found.

Velocity suddenly reappeared near the giant mummy, small whirlwinds of litter kicking up along her path from the speed she moved with. “No sign of anything in the area. And all the civilians have cleared out to safety.†She reported.

Velocity suddenly reappeared near the giant mummy, small whirlwinds of litter kicking up along her path from the speed she moved with. “No sign of anything in the area. And all the civilians have cleared out to safety.†She reported.

Raindance put his hands on his hips, his eyes turning skyward as if to regard the weathe r- although it might just have been a stare into the middle distance, as his brow furrowed in thought as Velocity returned.

"No sign of where this thing came from, then?"

Raindance put his hands on his hips, his eyes turning skyward as if to regard the weathe r- although it might just have been a stare into the middle distance, as his brow furrowed in thought as Velocity returned.

Hybrid rose out of the Mummy and floated towards the others. "Curiouser and curiouser..." he said as he became solid and landed on the asphalt. "That Dummy is no Mummy! It's mechanical. Real hi-tech stuff too! Not just some girders and pistons wrapped up in Gauze. Maybe that could be our key to tracking where it came from?" Hybrid added hopefully to his explanation. "Track a signal maybe?"

Hybrid rose out of the Mummy and floated towards the others. "Curiouser and curiouser..." he said as he became solid and landed on the asphalt. "That Dummy is no Mummy! It's mechanical. Real hi-tech stuff too! Not just some girders and pistons wrapped up in Gauze. Maybe that could be our key to tracking where it came from?" Hybrid added hopefully to his explanation. "Track a signal maybe?"

Velocity had just been about to reply to Raindancer when Hybrid rose back up from the inside of the giant mummy. “Mechanical? Really?†She asked and then shook her head. “Nope, no way to trace a signal here.â€Â

Velocity had just been about to reply to Raindancer when Hybrid rose back up from the inside of the giant mummy. “Mechanical? Really?†She asked and then shook her head. “Nope, no way to trace a signal here.â€Â

Raindance mused for a moment.

"Well, who do we know with a taste for theatrics and giant robots? Maybe the Freedom League can put us on the right path."

He looked somewhat sheepishly at Freedom Eagle.

"You don't... know any of them, do you? Personally, I mean?"

"Well, who do we know with a taste for theatrics and giant robots? Maybe the Freedom League can put us on the right path."

"Actually," says the Eagle confidently, "I do have some experience with super-technology..." His armored head turns again as he takes in the busy street, and he adds wryly, "But not in the middle of the street like this, with everyone watching...I think I'm going to make some calls." With that, Freedom Eagle reaches into his harness and produces a wireless long-range communicator, a hi-tech device that lets you have telephone conversations miles away from a landline! It appears to have been made by Nokia. "I'll get in touch with the League, then we can see about moving this thing."

"Actually," says the Eagle confidently, "I do have some experience with super-technology..." His armored head turns again as he takes in the busy street, and he adds wryly, "But not in the middle of the street like this, with everyone watching...I think I'm going to make some calls." With that, Freedom Eagle reaches into his harness and produces a wireless long-range communicator, a hi-tech device that lets you have telephone conversations miles away from a landline! It appears to have been made by Nokia. "I'll get in touch with the League, then we can see about moving this thing."

"I dont have any tech skills. But if it comes down to being sneaky during and investigation I can do that as well." Hybrid says turning into a perfect replica of Freedom Eagle. "So I'd like to help...If you will have me."

"I dont have any tech skills. But if it comes down to being sneaky during and investigation I can do that as well." Hybrid says turning into a perfect replica of Freedom Eagle. "So I'd like to help...If you will have me."

“I want to come along.†Velocity spoke up. “I’d like to find out who was behind disrupting this party and ruining my date.â€Â

“I want to come along.†Velocity spoke up. “I’d like to find out who was behind disrupting this party and ruining my date.â€Â