Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Barnum

Trick-or-Treat!

Recommended Posts

Megan turned the street towards the loud sound and bright light to look at the massive mummy, tensing as she saw it. “I don’t think that is part of the show!†She said to Cory with a frightened tone, taking the opportunity to slip free from his arm. She got ready for a surge of people trying to get away from the creature to use her speed to move away and out of sight to change.

Share this post


Link to post

Megan turned the street towards the loud sound and bright light to look at the massive mummy, tensing as she saw it. “I don’t think that is part of the show!†She said to Cory with a frightened tone, taking the opportunity to slip free from his arm. She got ready for a surge of people trying to get away from the creature to use her speed to move away and out of sight to change.

Share this post


Link to post

Megan turned the street towards the loud sound and bright light to look at the massive mummy, tensing as she saw it. “I don’t think that is part of the show!†She said to Cory with a frightened tone, taking the opportunity to slip free from his arm. She got ready for a surge of people trying to get away from the creature to use her speed to move away and out of sight to change.

Share this post


Link to post

Megan and Cory made their way down the street toward the Haunted House. From where they stood on Broadway, they could see the line of people forming outside the warehouse, just across 60th St. As they prepared to cross the street and get in line . . .

WOOOOOOOOSH!

From the end of the block, near 61st St., a blinding red light flashed into the dark sky, illuminating the entire block. As quickly as it appeared, the light vanished, and in its place . . . A GIANT MONSTER! The creature was several stories tall and looked to be wrapped in dense white strips of material. It was, by all appearances, a giant mummy.

The creature began lumbering forward, down the street toward the citizens of Freedom City. The reaction to the appearance of the creature was mixed. Some people screamed. Some stood transfixed. Some applauded and cheered, believing it to be some sort of Halloween "amusement."

But the creature didn't look all that amused.

"Crap!" Freedom Eagle said a very bad word, and uneasily eyed the monster before him, sussing out its posture. His time in the dojo, and under the watchful tutelage of his grandfather, gave him some idea of how to judge the intentions of an opponent, even if that opponent was one of the giant undead. The words of Freedom Eagle I came back into his mind, clear as a bell, as he studied the giant creature. If you see a mummy, punch it!

(assessing as a move action, rolled a 27 on my Sense Motive http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342745 )

As he studied the creature, the Eagle flew up before the mummy, backing away to give it room, spreading his arms wide in an effort to get its attention. "Yeah, pay attention to the flying pretty bird...HEY! MUMMY!" He waved his arms wide, trying to draw its attention away from the crowd, looping and diving in the air.

(And a 28 on my Acrobatic Bluff!

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342752)

Share this post


Link to post

Megan and Cory made their way down the street toward the Haunted House. From where they stood on Broadway, they could see the line of people forming outside the warehouse, just across 60th St. As they prepared to cross the street and get in line . . .

WOOOOOOOOSH!

From the end of the block, near 61st St., a blinding red light flashed into the dark sky, illuminating the entire block. As quickly as it appeared, the light vanished, and in its place . . . A GIANT MONSTER! The creature was several stories tall and looked to be wrapped in dense white strips of material. It was, by all appearances, a giant mummy.

The creature began lumbering forward, down the street toward the citizens of Freedom City. The reaction to the appearance of the creature was mixed. Some people screamed. Some stood transfixed. Some applauded and cheered, believing it to be some sort of Halloween "amusement."

But the creature didn't look all that amused.

"Crap!" Freedom Eagle said a very bad word, and uneasily eyed the monster before him, sussing out its posture. His time in the dojo, and under the watchful tutelage of his grandfather, gave him some idea of how to judge the intentions of an opponent, even if that opponent was one of the giant undead. The words of Freedom Eagle I came back into his mind, clear as a bell, as he studied the giant creature. If you see a mummy, punch it!

(assessing as a move action, rolled a 27 on my Sense Motive http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342745 )

As he studied the creature, the Eagle flew up before the mummy, backing away to give it room, spreading his arms wide in an effort to get its attention. "Yeah, pay attention to the flying pretty bird...HEY! MUMMY!" He waved his arms wide, trying to draw its attention away from the crowd, looping and diving in the air.

(And a 28 on my Acrobatic Bluff!

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342752)

Share this post


Link to post

Megan and Cory made their way down the street toward the Haunted House. From where they stood on Broadway, they could see the line of people forming outside the warehouse, just across 60th St. As they prepared to cross the street and get in line . . .

WOOOOOOOOSH!

From the end of the block, near 61st St., a blinding red light flashed into the dark sky, illuminating the entire block. As quickly as it appeared, the light vanished, and in its place . . . A GIANT MONSTER! The creature was several stories tall and looked to be wrapped in dense white strips of material. It was, by all appearances, a giant mummy.

The creature began lumbering forward, down the street toward the citizens of Freedom City. The reaction to the appearance of the creature was mixed. Some people screamed. Some stood transfixed. Some applauded and cheered, believing it to be some sort of Halloween "amusement."

But the creature didn't look all that amused.

"Crap!" Freedom Eagle said a very bad word, and uneasily eyed the monster before him, sussing out its posture. His time in the dojo, and under the watchful tutelage of his grandfather, gave him some idea of how to judge the intentions of an opponent, even if that opponent was one of the giant undead. The words of Freedom Eagle I came back into his mind, clear as a bell, as he studied the giant creature. If you see a mummy, punch it!

(assessing as a move action, rolled a 27 on my Sense Motive http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342745 )

As he studied the creature, the Eagle flew up before the mummy, backing away to give it room, spreading his arms wide in an effort to get its attention. "Yeah, pay attention to the flying pretty bird...HEY! MUMMY!" He waved his arms wide, trying to draw its attention away from the crowd, looping and diving in the air.

(And a 28 on my Acrobatic Bluff!

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1342752)

Share this post


Link to post

"Oh, great!"

Mark tossed the candy apple to the floor, littering laws be damned - there were more important things at stake. His eyes immediately searched for his parents, hoping that he could meet their eyes and somehow wordlessly communicate what they should do, and what he needed to do.

Raising his voice above the cheers and cries of the crowd, he bellowed

"MOVE! RUN! GO!" He continually swept his arms in the direction of the other end of the street while he shouted, hoping people would get the message that this was serious business. He saw that Freedom Eagle was already trying to distract the monster, which hopefully should buy innocent bystanders some time.

Share this post


Link to post

"Oh, great!"

Mark tossed the candy apple to the floor, littering laws be damned - there were more important things at stake. His eyes immediately searched for his parents, hoping that he could meet their eyes and somehow wordlessly communicate what they should do, and what he needed to do.

Raising his voice above the cheers and cries of the crowd, he bellowed

"MOVE! RUN! GO!" He continually swept his arms in the direction of the other end of the street while he shouted, hoping people would get the message that this was serious business. He saw that Freedom Eagle was already trying to distract the monster, which hopefully should buy innocent bystanders some time.

Share this post


Link to post

"Oh, great!"

Mark tossed the candy apple to the floor, littering laws be damned - there were more important things at stake. His eyes immediately searched for his parents, hoping that he could meet their eyes and somehow wordlessly communicate what they should do, and what he needed to do.

Raising his voice above the cheers and cries of the crowd, he bellowed

"MOVE! RUN! GO!" He continually swept his arms in the direction of the other end of the street while he shouted, hoping people would get the message that this was serious business. He saw that Freedom Eagle was already trying to distract the monster, which hopefully should buy innocent bystanders some time.

Share this post


Link to post

The Emissary had been looking forward to Halloween really, the prospect of what seemed to be a communal celebration on behalf of children encouraged him about the society he was now a part of. On an intellectual level, he could report back home of humanity's ability to provide a celebration for their young without attatching religious or other cultural burden of performance to it, and let them simply revel, for sake of revel. He would leave out of the report that also, he liked the candy and thought the costumes were fun.

The stories of it having made him curious, he decided to take in the spoken of haunted house, and keeping to theme, kept his costume intact instead of shifting it to normal clothing.

His journey was cut short and his eyes narrowed on sighting the giant monster, and hearing the resulting cries, he frowned, taking aloft and moving closer, looking first around the area for anything otherwise standing out with regards to other activity, or the attention focused on it.

(OOC: basically, wanting to do a notice check for if there's anything/one looking on with a particularly unwholesome satisfaction, or doing anything particularly off seeming while there's attention on giant monster thing.. which if possible, I'm guessing sees little to nothing, because whoo boy, what a crappy roll. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1343022

Well, it's a 15 after bonuses, which isn't bad, but still, eesh.)

Share this post


Link to post

The Emissary had been looking forward to Halloween really, the prospect of what seemed to be a communal celebration on behalf of children encouraged him about the society he was now a part of. On an intellectual level, he could report back home of humanity's ability to provide a celebration for their young without attatching religious or other cultural burden of performance to it, and let them simply revel, for sake of revel. He would leave out of the report that also, he liked the candy and thought the costumes were fun.

The stories of it having made him curious, he decided to take in the spoken of haunted house, and keeping to theme, kept his costume intact instead of shifting it to normal clothing.

His journey was cut short and his eyes narrowed on sighting the giant monster, and hearing the resulting cries, he frowned, taking aloft and moving closer, looking first around the area for anything otherwise standing out with regards to other activity, or the attention focused on it.

(OOC: basically, wanting to do a notice check for if there's anything/one looking on with a particularly unwholesome satisfaction, or doing anything particularly off seeming while there's attention on giant monster thing.. which if possible, I'm guessing sees little to nothing, because whoo boy, what a crappy roll. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1343022

Well, it's a 15 after bonuses, which isn't bad, but still, eesh.)

Share this post


Link to post

The Emissary had been looking forward to Halloween really, the prospect of what seemed to be a communal celebration on behalf of children encouraged him about the society he was now a part of. On an intellectual level, he could report back home of humanity's ability to provide a celebration for their young without attatching religious or other cultural burden of performance to it, and let them simply revel, for sake of revel. He would leave out of the report that also, he liked the candy and thought the costumes were fun.

The stories of it having made him curious, he decided to take in the spoken of haunted house, and keeping to theme, kept his costume intact instead of shifting it to normal clothing.

His journey was cut short and his eyes narrowed on sighting the giant monster, and hearing the resulting cries, he frowned, taking aloft and moving closer, looking first around the area for anything otherwise standing out with regards to other activity, or the attention focused on it.

(OOC: basically, wanting to do a notice check for if there's anything/one looking on with a particularly unwholesome satisfaction, or doing anything particularly off seeming while there's attention on giant monster thing.. which if possible, I'm guessing sees little to nothing, because whoo boy, what a crappy roll. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1343022

Well, it's a 15 after bonuses, which isn't bad, but still, eesh.)

Share this post


Link to post

"Let's get the hell outta here!" Jackson yelled to his friends and started ushering them with the crowd. He stayed just behind them for a few moments then feigned a trip. While down (and probably getting stepped on) he summons forth a trick he would have never tried until he saw the Leaguer Psuedo on TV and shifts his molecules out of phase with the rest of the world and simply sinks into the asphalt.

While unseen underneath the city streets he shifts into a more appropriate appearence for fighting giant mummies. The Big Red Machine known as HYBRID!

Share this post


Link to post

"Let's get the hell outta here!" Jackson yelled to his friends and started ushering them with the crowd. He stayed just behind them for a few moments then feigned a trip. While down (and probably getting stepped on) he summons forth a trick he would have never tried until he saw the Leaguer Psuedo on TV and shifts his molecules out of phase with the rest of the world and simply sinks into the asphalt.

While unseen underneath the city streets he shifts into a more appropriate appearence for fighting giant mummies. The Big Red Machine known as HYBRID!

Share this post


Link to post

"Let's get the hell outta here!" Jackson yelled to his friends and started ushering them with the crowd. He stayed just behind them for a few moments then feigned a trip. While down (and probably getting stepped on) he summons forth a trick he would have never tried until he saw the Leaguer Psuedo on TV and shifts his molecules out of phase with the rest of the world and simply sinks into the asphalt.

While unseen underneath the city streets he shifts into a more appropriate appearence for fighting giant mummies. The Big Red Machine known as HYBRID!

Share this post


Link to post

Freedom Eagle quickly assessed the giant monster. It must have been terribly strong to support such a massive build, but the creature was slow moving as it lumbered along the street. When Freedom Eagle soared up in front of it, however, he had its undivided attention. The creature stopped in its tracks, and then took a clumsy swing at the winged hero from what was clearly too far away to hit. As it swung its arm . . . the armed stretched out easily more than 20 feet. The nimble hero, however, easily dodged out of the way. The arm continued to swing and struck the top of the building to its left, sending brick and plaster crashing down onto the street.

Down on the street, people were fleeing the giant mummy as fast as they could. Velocity and Hybrid took the opportunity to make a quick change. Emissary and Raindance, however, used the opportunity to get the civilians clear of the disastrous scene. Emissary scanned the crowd, looking for guilty faces, but what he found instead was fear. There were a dozen or so people who were to frightened (or too stupid) to flee. There were two teenagers with their backs to a building, right in the mummy's path. They were not moving. There were also several families with small children, trying to take refuge behind some of the booths that lined the street. They would provide little protection from those smashing arms.

block1b.jpg

(Click to see full-sized.)

Share this post


Link to post

Freedom Eagle quickly assessed the giant monster. It must have been terribly strong to support such a massive build, but the creature was slow moving as it lumbered along the street. When Freedom Eagle soared up in front of it, however, he had its undivided attention. The creature stopped in its tracks, and then took a clumsy swing at the winged hero from what was clearly too far away to hit. As it swung its arm . . . the armed stretched out easily more than 20 feet. The nimble hero, however, easily dodged out of the way. The arm continued to swing and struck the top of the building to its left, sending brick and plaster crashing down onto the street.

Down on the street, people were fleeing the giant mummy as fast as they could. Velocity and Hybrid took the opportunity to make a quick change. Emissary and Raindance, however, used the opportunity to get the civilians clear of the disastrous scene. Emissary scanned the crowd, looking for guilty faces, but what he found instead was fear. There were a dozen or so people who were to frightened (or too stupid) to flee. There were two teenagers with their backs to a building, right in the mummy's path. They were not moving. There were also several families with small children, trying to take refuge behind some of the booths that lined the street. They would provide little protection from those smashing arms.

block1b.jpg

(Click to see full-sized.)

Share this post


Link to post

Freedom Eagle quickly assessed the giant monster. It must have been terribly strong to support such a massive build, but the creature was slow moving as it lumbered along the street. When Freedom Eagle soared up in front of it, however, he had its undivided attention. The creature stopped in its tracks, and then took a clumsy swing at the winged hero from what was clearly too far away to hit. As it swung its arm . . . the armed stretched out easily more than 20 feet. The nimble hero, however, easily dodged out of the way. The arm continued to swing and struck the top of the building to its left, sending brick and plaster crashing down onto the street.

Down on the street, people were fleeing the giant mummy as fast as they could. Velocity and Hybrid took the opportunity to make a quick change. Emissary and Raindance, however, used the opportunity to get the civilians clear of the disastrous scene. Emissary scanned the crowd, looking for guilty faces, but what he found instead was fear. There were a dozen or so people who were to frightened (or too stupid) to flee. There were two teenagers with their backs to a building, right in the mummy's path. They were not moving. There were also several families with small children, trying to take refuge behind some of the booths that lined the street. They would provide little protection from those smashing arms.

block1b.jpg

(Click to see full-sized.)

Share this post


Link to post

(describing her action from the first round)

Having gotten clear of Cory and changed into her costume in the blink of an eye, Velocity then moved down to the street corner near 60th street.

(New round actions)

The young heroine’s hand became a blur of motion as she reached into a pouch on her belt and started taking out marbles, flinging them at the giant mummy at tremendous speed. The marbles sailed through the air, though only one struck the giant mummy..

Share this post


Link to post

(describing her action from the first round)

Having gotten clear of Cory and changed into her costume in the blink of an eye, Velocity then moved down to the street corner near 60th street.

(New round actions)

The young heroine’s hand became a blur of motion as she reached into a pouch on her belt and started taking out marbles, flinging them at the giant mummy at tremendous speed. The marbles sailed through the air, though only one struck the giant mummy..

Share this post


Link to post

(describing her action from the first round)

Having gotten clear of Cory and changed into her costume in the blink of an eye, Velocity then moved down to the street corner near 60th street.

(New round actions)

The young heroine’s hand became a blur of motion as she reached into a pouch on her belt and started taking out marbles, flinging them at the giant mummy at tremendous speed. The marbles sailed through the air, though only one struck the giant mummy..

Share this post


Link to post

Crud! There were still some people in harm's way; sometimes human instinct did exactly the wrong thing. Mark's first priority was slowing that bag of bandages down.

Feeling his power uncoiling in his mind, he released it in stages as he'd been trained to do - the last thing he wanted was for his power to run wild now. Feeling it spread throughout his body, he uncurled his fingers as if gently releasing a ball.

The effect done, he looked to his left and noticed a young woman moving at astonishing speed, flinging projectiles at their mutual target. He thought he recognised the costume - Celerity, or something like that.

Turning back to the mummy, he could already see that the area around it was getting thick with the beginnings of a blizzard. As soon as he could see that the creature was slowed down, Mark began to move towards the cowering families.

Share this post


Link to post

Crud! There were still some people in harm's way; sometimes human instinct did exactly the wrong thing. Mark's first priority was slowing that bag of bandages down.

Feeling his power uncoiling in his mind, he released it in stages as he'd been trained to do - the last thing he wanted was for his power to run wild now. Feeling it spread throughout his body, he uncurled his fingers as if gently releasing a ball.

The effect done, he looked to his left and noticed a young woman moving at astonishing speed, flinging projectiles at their mutual target. He thought he recognised the costume - Celerity, or something like that.

Turning back to the mummy, he could already see that the area around it was getting thick with the beginnings of a blizzard. As soon as he could see that the creature was slowed down, Mark began to move towards the cowering families.

Share this post


Link to post

Crud! There were still some people in harm's way; sometimes human instinct did exactly the wrong thing. Mark's first priority was slowing that bag of bandages down.

Feeling his power uncoiling in his mind, he released it in stages as he'd been trained to do - the last thing he wanted was for his power to run wild now. Feeling it spread throughout his body, he uncurled his fingers as if gently releasing a ball.

The effect done, he looked to his left and noticed a young woman moving at astonishing speed, flinging projectiles at their mutual target. He thought he recognised the costume - Celerity, or something like that.

Turning back to the mummy, he could already see that the area around it was getting thick with the beginnings of a blizzard. As soon as he could see that the creature was slowed down, Mark began to move towards the cowering families.

Share this post


Link to post

Seeing that several others had come forth by now to at least occupy the Mummy, the Emissary turned his attentions to those most likely to come to harm in the ongoing effort to stop its rampage. Arms outstreched, he first arced upwards enough to let him pull into a swoop towards the teenagers in immediate danger from the collateral damage of the creature's massive fists, reaching to grab for them and move them further down the street, speaking forcefully and with resonance enough to hopefully get through whatever shock had taken them and hope that his voice along with the sense of being moved away could reach them.

"You need to get out of here!"

(OOC: basically, hoping that since they're side by side and bystanderish, I can grab them both and zip them further down the street, happy to make a diplomacy roll to see if talking at them gets through if needed)

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...