Trick-or-Treat!

"Aww crud!" Hybrid said as he phased up through the concrete in time to see that there were still bystanders in harm's way.

He sped through the air an subconsiously increased his molecular density as he did so. He scooped up one of the concave booth roofs and interposed himself between falling bricks and bystanders, trying to block, catch or deflect the deadly debris. "Hurry RUN!"

OOC: If I do not have enough actions to move/grab roof/block I will spend an HP

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velocity released the marble at supersonic speed. The small projectile struck the mummy on its arm with a loud crack. The marble shattered on impact into a small cloud of dust, and the creature didn't even seem to notice the blow.

From well down the street Raindance unleashed the full power of a blizzard confined into a small space. The swirling mass of snow and icy wind encased the mummy, and as the giant monster took another step it nearly lost its footing. Quickly regaining its balance, the creature apparently decided against moving forward. Instead it began flailing with its arms toward the winged hero right in front of it, but in a flash, the winged hero was gone, zooming down the street and then back again.

POW!

Freedom Eagle slugged the mummy with all his might. The blow sent a stinging pain all the way up to Freedom Eagle's shoulder, but the mummy's head was only barely turned by the blow. Freedom Eagle launched himself high into the air, but the mummy was already on the offensive. It turned its powerful arm toward the winged hero and WOOSH! . . . long tendrils of bandages unfurled from its limb and into the air. The fabric coils lurched and lunged after the hero as if they had a mind of their own. Thinks to the hero's quick reflexes, the snare barely missed his wings. If they had struck him, he would surely have been hopelessly entangled, a disastrous proposition.

"Hey! Who,are yoos?"

The drunk teenagers were so "toasted" that they had collapsed against the side of the building, oblivious to the danger they were in. Fortunately there was someone else who was not so oblivious. The young men didn't even have time to stand before the Emissary jerked them up by their coats and zoomed them out of harm's way. Likewise, Hybrid was already in action before any of the bystanders could be hurt. He collected a "roof" full of masonry debris just in the nick of time. The bystanders beneath him grabbed up their children and made a run for it down the street.

http://www.barnumsrealm.com/Freedom/images/HoF2/HftH/block1d.png

(Click image to see the whole map.)

Well that sucks. Velocity thought as her first attack proved completely ineffective. Deciding a more direct approach was in order, the young heroine zips forward and up to the mummy's legs. Her right hand became a blur as she struck at its leg (or ankle, or whatever). Focusing on putting a bit more into the punch, she still managed to hit the mummy.

She then sped back down the street half a block to try and keep the thing from bystanders. "Hey, ugly" She called out.

Even as he deposits the teens in a safer place, his gentle admonishment about the perils of underage drinking is left to echo in thin air, and probably be equated as so much dancing hallucinatory elephant, he hurtles back to the fray, pausing to note the various assaults so far striking the Mummy in vain, and calling out to one of those facing him.

"Fellow who I hope is controlling the weather! If you could hurl a bolt of frost or lightning along my incoming flight path with all due fierceness, it would be deeply appreciated!"

He hoped that anyone else facing the creature would notice all this, and fall into a pattern of timed and localized strikes to resound over on each other like booming, blasting thunder, even as he readied to start building up speed and momentum, readied for a moment of release to streak near blindingly towards the creature, fists outstretched as though a living javelin, willing all force and momentum in his wake to a single, concentrated point. His mind had enough shared experiences and keen processing that he was able to entirely visualize the shape of the devastation the Mummy could cause, and it anguished him. But it also told him the results that could be achieved when heroes came together, and it gave him a driving resolve at the same time.

(OOC: Basically, the Emissary is suggesting/trying to set up a combined attack action from as many people as are willing to join in.

Annnd.. got a 13 to hit http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1351174 my own damage is 10, which keeps within 5 of everyone else in the attack, sooo, I think if we all hit, we're doing a total of 15)

Mark nodded to the strange man addressing him. "Got it!"

The skies above the streets visibly darkened as Raindance rose in a graceful arc towards his target. The air crackled and fizzed with static as the thunderheads built above the new group's opponent. With a clap of thunder, the electricity lanced down from the sky.

"What do you know...It worked!" Hybrid said outloud, somewhat shocked by his own success.

He flies nearer to the Giant and shouts "Hey Mumm-Ra! Catch!" He then hoists the roof-full of debris over his head. Unfortunately the roof was not designed to hold rubble and starts to come apart at the seams and his makeshift catapult is ruined.

OOC: Fly closer to Mummy. Throw debris. Power Attack for 5. NATURAL ONE!

Freedom Eagle felt sick, dodging high into the air, at the sight of the giant mummy' shrugging off his attack. He managed to avoid cussing with so many other people around; after all, Freedom Eagle has been a hero to children for decades. He doesn't cuss where people can hear! Of course, the arrival of the other heroes might have limited his choice of language, but it did make his life a lot easier in some ways. "Hey, people!" he called down to the heroes on the ground, briefly whipping down to within speaking distance, "Maybe none of us can stop this alone, but we can bring it down; together! If you're with me, let's send King Tut back to the pyramid!" And with that, he disappeared again, zooming straight up into the stratosphere.

A moment later, when everyone else is launching their own offensives against the beast, he once again reappeared in a blur of speed, his fist cracking into the monster's face with a spidery sledgehammer of sound like the sands of time getting a hard right cross to the jaw!

The heroes all renewed their attack on the giant mummy at once. Velocity sped down the street, leaving a whirlwind of debris in her wake. As she shot past the mummy, she struck it in the leg. The blow was fierce, but the mummy's body was exceptionally hard. The blow caused the mummy to lurch back on its other leg, but there was no perceptible damage. The other heroes attacked in unison. Raindance blasted the creature with a bolt of lightning, and Freedom Eagle screamed in with an earth shattering punch. The blast from the lightning was nearly blinding, causing both Hybrid and the Emissary to miss the gigantic target. The mummy reeled back from the blow, but again . . . there was no perceptible damage.

Now it was the mummy's turn. The expressionless face wrapped in the thick, tough bandages turned its attention toward Raindance. It shot out its hand in his direction and unleashed a long thin strand of bandages. They disconnected from the mummy's body, sped down the street, and wrapped themselves around Raindance's neck and mouth. The material was pliable but as hard as steel and completely non-porous. It only took Raindance a second to realize that he couldn't breathe. Without a moment's hesitation, the mummy lifted its other hand up toward Freedom Eagle and unleashed another loose wad of bandages from its arm. They struck the flying hero and began trying to entangle his limbs.

http://www.barnumsrealm.com/Freedom/images/HoF2/HftH/block1f.jpg

Freedom Eagle's first thought was the agonized realization that Grandpa O'Connor probably wouldn't have been caught like that; the second was the realization that he was thoroughly and spectacularly entangled in the ancient mummy's wrappings, well and truly bound and helpless. He struggled valiantly in the mummy's grasp, but all his harness's strength wasn't accomplishing a single blessed thing just about now. Rendered almost completely unable to move, he did the only thing he could do; wriggling his fingers inside his gravity gauntlets to give him one more chance at trying to get out of the mummy's grasp...

((http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1352542))

Seeing the Monster shrug off the combined might of several heroes and then wrap two up effortlessly gave Hybrid pause he flew towards the Creature and then broke off his attack at the last moment. Then with a sudden surge of determination he gritted his teeth and rocketed full-speed at the Thing. Maybe if I give it all I got!

OOC: Aggressive Stance, Charge, Power Attack 5. Makes me +9 to hit, +15 Damage, but -6 on defense.

Rolled a.....12! Grrrr! Okay I am spending my HP to reroll. Much better a 28.

Velocity watched as the giant mummy took a hit from two other heroes and shrugged it off as easily as it had her attack. When two of the heroes were wrapped up in bandages, she knew she had to try to keep the thing distracted. Speeding back down the street in a yellow blur, she once more swung at the creature's leg, putting more force behind the blow than normal. Unfortunately, when her accuracy suffered and she missed.

How the heck could I miss something so big? Velocity thought to herself as she sped by and part way down the street to come to a halt next to Raindancer.

Raindance struggled against the bindings blocking his airway as he floated back down to the floor. He realised that the important thing was to stay calm if he wanted to avoid suffocating, and he just barely reined in on his emotions. He saw Velocity come to a stop next to him, and he hoped his silent eyes communicated a "Help me!" to her well enough.

He shook off the lingering flare of light in his field of view, able to hear what seemed to be a lack of desired effect from the efforts of the three.

"I don't think this can work unless every one of us strikes as one with everything we have!"

His vision then cleared fully and took in the beleagured straits of Raindance and Freedom Eagle both.

"Not that we can do so right now, granted!"

He swooped in an arc towards Raindance first, hoping any armour in Freedom Eagle's costume would let him take the fall better than Raindance could take, well, suffocating to death.

"Ahm.. I need you to stay very still my friend."

At that, he extended a pair of his fingers, trying to concentrate all due strength and focus into the tips thereof, trying to work them intbetween the bandages over Raindance's face, and once having done so, stretch and warp to allow for enough space and give to then pull them up and off of his head.

(whoo! my first above average roll! http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1353071 got a 23 to contest the entangle with strength, or a 28 if my bonus for ranks of superstrength apply to the strength check as far as an application of strength and pressure. Also, if Freedom Eagle can't do the alt power thing, I'd like to extra effort for a surge to try and then zip up and help him)

Freedom Eagle's bandage-wrapped form went absolutely still for just a moment, before suddenly the bandages pulling it back towards the mummy's form went absolutely taunt, then began to stretch as the shrouded shape of the winged wonder rocketed towards the sky! Still held by the creature's grasp, the bandages began to groan as they were pulled ever tighter by the straining momentum of the Eagle's mighty wings..

((http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1353621 Rolled a total of 30 on the Gravity Control power check! ))

As the bandages began to squeez the flying hero, he was spurred into action. It took a few seconds of stretching and straining on Freedom Eagle's harness, but eventually . . . SNAP! Freedom Eagle broke the mass of bandages free of their tether, the force of which sent him sprawling up into the sky from the left-over momentum. The bandages, now disconnected from the mummy, went limp and began falling to the ground.

Hybrid's punch connected solidly with the mummy's face. The creature was as hard as stone, but Hybrid felt the face crunch inward under the force of the blow. The beast didn't fall, but it did stagger for a moment. Its arms dropped to its side.

While hybrid was pounding away at the mummy's face, the Emissary was trying to save Raindance from a horrible fate. No matter how hard he pulled against the bandages, however, they just seemed to constrict tighter. If something wasn't done soon, Raindance would be no more.

"Oh jeeze." Velocity said as she saw Emissary trying to free Raindancer from the wrappings that were constricting him. Knowing she would be little use in trying to use strength to get them off, she looked back at the giant mummy. "Maybe they'll loosen up when the big guy goes down!"

With that she sped back down the street to deliver another attack, once more putting a bit more into the force of the punch. She then moves past the mummy about one hundred feet.

While the others tried unsuccessfully to free Raindance from he choking bandage, he struggled to maintain his breathing. He was fine for the moment, not even feeling the burning of his lungs yet. He realised that his only chance to avoid suffocation was to take this monster out of commission.

He waved off the others and nodded to the mummy, hoping they got the message that he was in for another combined strike. Raising his hands to the heavens, the crackle of static electricity built up again until another bolt arced down from the sky.

Freedom Eagle shook himself off, glad to be freed of the mummy's snare, only to look down and see Raindance entangled even more threateningly than he'd been. The Eagle gave that a moment's thought before taking a deep breath. "If he wants us so bad, let's give him more hero than he can handle!" Raising his sharpened gauntlets before him like two spears, the Eagle focused his attack directly on the bandages wrapped around Raindance's body. Where the others tried to pull it away, the Eagle aimed fingers like claws directly at the snare itself.

Hybrid was torn. He had the Mummy on the ropes and he knew it, but at the same time he saw one of Freedom City's many hero's struggle to free another, suffocating hero. "I can't risk not helping and having someone die!" he said to no one in particular as he veered away from Mummyzilla and lended his muscle to freeing the wrapped up Rain Maker.

OOC: Move and assist in tearing the bandages off of Raindance.

Velocity sped by the giant mummy again, and again she delivered a thunderous blow. The mummy's dense hide absorbed the worst of the blow. The creature was obviously damaged but it didn't even seem to notice. Raindance, mustering the discipline to ignore the fact that he was being slowly suffocated, blasted the mummy with another bolt of lightning. The mummy began to jerk violently and thrash its limbs as the electricity danced across the creatures skin.

The other three heroes continued trying to free Raindance from the constricting bandages. Freedom Eagle slashed with his claws while Hybrid and the Emissary pulled with all their might. Finally, the bandages tore away from Raindance's face, and he could breathe free again.

http://www.barnumsrealm.com/Freedom/images/HoF2/HftH/block1g.jpg

"I believe we are all of us now free to strike as one, with all our might as one."

And with that, hoping that he would do so as accompanied by Raindance's lightning, Freedom Eagle's flight alongside, and more thundering punches from Hybrid and Velocity, Emissary sped off towards the Mummy, tempering the speed of his flight, fists outstretched, so as to occur in time and force with the assaults the others could muster.

(OOC: 15 total on the attack roll, which hopefully is enough to hit http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1360105 )

Velocity sped back by the group after her attack on the giant mummy, glad to see the bound hero was free. Hearing Emissary suggest they work together to try to stop the threat, she was about to answer when the red hued Hybrid rejected the idea and flew towards the opponent on his own.

"Well, I'm up for trying to stop it together." She said quickly, then waited till the others seemed ready to launch the attack and streaked down at the giant mummy, delivering another powerful punch that broke the sound barrier.

As soon as the bandages came loose, Raindance drew an almighty breath, coughing and choking as his lungs cleared of spent air. He nodded his thanks to the others in between barks and streaming eyes, before he stood straight and levelled his gaze at the mummy.

Hovering a few feet above the ground, the wind whipping his hair and clothes, he began to visibly crackle with electricity.

"Now I'm going to show you why they call Nature a Mother..."

He tried to time his attack with the strike of Velocity, sending yet another bolt from the sky at the mummy already shuddering under the heroes' onslaught.