World Domination Through Recycling (OOC)

N/A

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, Sparksmith failed the Toughness save by 5, so he takes another Bruise, and he's Stunned for 1 round. Unless he burns a HP at some point to clear the Stun, that means he'll miss his own action coming up next, and he'll be flat-footed until just before Keres' action next round.

And, I forgot to mention, failing a Toughness save by 5+ means Knockback.

It was a +8 damage bonus (not counting the Sneak Attack), and Sparksmith's KB modifier is 4, so that's a KB result of 4, which would normally be 10ft away. For simplicity's sake, I'll just say that he knocked Sparksmith back against the dome.

Since being knocked back into an object inflicts damage with a bonus equal to the lesser of the KB result or the Toughness of the object, Sparksmith needs to make a DC19 Toughness save.

As with all Knockback, Sparksmith ends up Prone. So unless he can make a DC20 Acrobat check, has the Instant Up feat, or doesn't mind laying on the ground while he does his thing, he'll have to spend a Move Action to get back up.

And then it's his turn.

Tough Save: 1d20+8=13

HP: 1d20+8=20

ok. I should be down to 4 Hero Points

Use 2 to get rid of Fatigue and Stun.

Free Action: Dismiss dome over the van.

Standard Action: Dome around kids for protection, with a floor.

Move Action: Move the kids farther away from Keres and the evil robot bugs.

Surge: Standard Action: Energy Blast: 1d20+10=20 I believe that's a hit.

Normally, it's DC25 vs Toughness, but thanks to Autofire, that's now DC30 vs Toughness... right?

Wrong. Keres' Defense bonus is +10, so his Defense (the DC to hit him) is 20. A 20 on your attack roll just barely hits him (good thing you didn't Power Attack). Autofire gives you +1 damage for every 2 points you score over your target's Defense. You scored 0 points over your target's Defense, so there is no bonus damage.

Keres' Toughness save (DC25): 23. Keres takes an Injury.

Pharos: Spending an HP to ignore Fatigue.

Using movement phase to fly down to the bridge again, right in front of the advancing robot hordes.

Using an HP to stunt an Alternate Power off of his Solar Furnace:

Damage 12 (targeted AOE; Extras: Area (Cone)) [24pp]

Using extra effort to do this twice (will style it IC as simultaneous). One cone is 120 feet long, wide and high, an equilateral triangle. As such the two will be arranged so that they form a rough hemisphere 120 feet in radius. Since this is a targeted AOE, there is an attack roll (which I am taking 10 on since there are only minions in the area). Thus there is no reflex save to mitigate damage

18 to hit

DC 27 Toughness saves to every robot inside a 120 foot radius hemisphere going out towards the main bulk of their horde.

Pharos' blast catches 90 bugbots.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2595208/

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2595209/

7 make their saves. 83 fail and are Destroyed.

Pharos annihilates about 40% of the bugbots.

Galatine, go ahead and post IC for Pharos. Then I'll post for the bugbots (and anyone with lingering Lasting power effects can save again at +1 to shake them off), followed by Gaian Knight and Gigawatt.

Let's get this show back on the road!

And now it's the bugbots' turn. With everyone else having retreated to the other side of the bridge to deal with Keres, only Pharos and Gaian Knight stand fast in the face of the advancing bugbot horde. So they're the only ones the bugbots attack this round.

5 Bugbots fire machineguns at Pharos. However, his Impervious Toughness automatically soaks them up.

Since he just fried their fellow bots to a crisp, 5 Bugbots launch liquid nitrogen at Pharos. However, his Fortitude save is so high that he autopasses against those, too.

10 Bugbots fire machineguns at Gaian Knight (DC13 attack roll). 4 of them hit. (One rolled a natural "20," but fortunately for GK, Minions can't score critical hits.)

Fox, roll the following Toughness saves for GK:

DC21

DC21

DC22

DC24

(Some of the bugbots got bonus damage from Autofire.)

The bugbots who aren't firing at the heroes continue stripping the cars and cables in their path to build more bugbots. Their numbers dropped from about 180 to about 100 after Pharos' assault. This round's efforts increase their numbers to about 120. (It seems to take 4 bugbots working in tandem to churn out another one in a single combat round.)

Fox, Galatine, both of you roll a DC25 Reflex save (for 1/2 damage), followed by a DC25 Toughness save (or DC20, if you passed the Reflex save) as more suspension cables snap free and slice across the bridge.

10 Bugbots fire machineguns at Gaian Knight (DC13 attack roll). 4 of them hit. (One rolled a natural "20," but fortunately for GK, Minions can't score critical hits.)

Fox, roll the following Toughness saves for GK:

DC21

DC21

DC22

DC24

Toughness Saves (DC 21, 21, 22, 24) (1d20 + 9=20, 1d20 + 9=29, 1d20 + 9=15, 1d20 + 9=16)

Bruised, save, stunned+bruised, stunned+bruised.

Fox, Galatine, both of you roll a DC25 Reflex save (for 1/2 damage), followed by a DC25 Toughness save (or DC20, if you passed the Reflex save) as more suspension cables snap free and slice across the bridge.

Reflex Save (DC 25) (1d20 + 7=25)

...my god, he actually made the save.

Toughness Save (DC 20) (1d20 + 9=24)

OORAH!

Using his last HP (glad I saved it) to shake the stun. GK picks up three more bruises for a new, total condition of [bruisedx6, Staggered, Distracted], though (I think?) he'll lose the distracted at the start of his turn.

195040-obi_wan460_icon.jpg He's more bruise now, than man....

Fox, Synius, you guys are up, as Round 3 draws to a close. Don't forget, you've both still got Fatigue pending if you don't buy it off with a HP at the start of your action (from Extra Effort last round).

Soooo GK's probably not going to get to go away from the bugbots this round either. Horray, more bruises and possibly unconsciousness!

He has impending fatigue, 1 HP, and a bridge to shore up it seems, so either he could waive the fatigue, extra effort surge to create object...or he could eat the fatigue, and use the HP to heroic feat a new AP to use. Either way he's fatigued and HP-less, so I'm goin' with the heroic feat. I seem to be getting a lot of mileage out of create objects that AREN'T the one he has in his array. Should think about adding a new one or rebalancing the one he has....that full-action hurts.

What I'd like to do is the following:

AP: Create Object 27 (earth, magic; Flaws: Permanent; Power Feats: Precise, Progression 2) [30pp]

Which gives him the equivalent of a 675-foot cube strong enough to...well, to support the bridge on its own, really (135 effective strength, capable of supporting 1.6M tons, double the weight of the Golden Gate Bridge). To make a series of big ol' earthen columns that can keep the bridge up under the worst possible conditions (EDIT: Just realized: and a dome for himself to stop the painful, painful punishment he's taking). That being said, it's sort of a crazy thing and I figured I'd make sure it was sane first.

Ok...so...Talos has Gestalt with Infinite Progression. Sounds fun :D

More like he, like the other Foundry artificial intelligences, exists primarily as data, which can be uploaded to a number of physical forms. He was basically remote-controlling the body Pharos destroyed via radio signals, which I would've revealed if anyone here had the right Super-Senses.

Soooo GK's probably not going to get to go away from the bugbots this round either. Horray, more bruises and possibly unconsciousness!

That's the spirit!

What I'd like to do is the following:

AP: Create Object 27 (earth, magic; Flaws: Permanent; Power Feats: Precise, Progression 2) [30pp]

The problem with that is that Create Object is a PL-capped power, since it provokes a saving throw. Several, in fact - you can drop it on someone for Damage (Toughness), or use it to capture them (Reflex). So it's bound by your damage caps.

The way to get a gigantic created object, then, is the liberal application of the Progression feat.

Whargh? Figured it was only capped if it was actually provoking the throw. Hrrm. If that's the case then he can't have a Create Object bigger than...I don't even know. Pure PL would be 10...which would make his array illegal, eheh. 15, maybe, with a max tradeoff applied to just that power, assuming that's doable? So I'd have....hm.

A rank 15 Create Object could support 400 tons...which is a lot, but not a lot on the scale of a multi-lane bridge. Can progression be applied to the support strength of a bridge (either increasing the effective rank, or the effective strength/rank)?

If not, the power would look something like,

AP: Create Object 15 (earth, magic; Flaws: Permanent; Power Feats: Improved Range 2/25ft, Precise, Progression 12) [30pp]

which is way more rock than he could possibly need, but only 400 tons support strength. Though if that support strength is per support (which you can make a lot of with a 7.5M-foot cube), it'd add up pretty quickly.

Create Object! :argh: My constant enemy!

Well if you make a big enough slab, Pharos can pick it up and use it to smash all the bugs at once...

With that Create Object I could make you a land mass almost 1500 miles across. Assuming I'm not still missing something, of course.

This bridge is basically the Golden Gate Bridge with the serial numbers filed off, so it's about 7,500ft long, give or take.* It's about 150 feet above the surface of the water, which is probably 50-100 feet deep at the most.

Fox, GK can easily get enough Progression on a 30PP Create Object power stunt to dredge up enough earth to support the entire length of the bridge with room to spare. Since he's a PL10 and that array has +9 to attack, go ahead and cap the actual power rank at 11. That's STR 55. According to the book, the GGB would need STR 130 to lift as a heavy load, but since the strength is spread out over such a large area, I am officially handwaving this and saying that STR 55 on an object big enough to fit under the entire bridge at once, all the way down to the bottom of the bay, is enough.

*Moving 30, 60, or 120 feet per round, the commuters are fleeing, but they're not gonna make it all the way off anytime soon. I've been generous with their progress as it is.

but since the strength is spread out over such a large area, I am officially handwaving this and saying that STR 55 on an object big enough to fit under the entire bridge at once, all the way down to the bottom of the bay, is enough.

I was figuring that'd be the case - hoped so, anyway, since the weight issue was really my concern. Also my ability to AP a Create Object power - concern! Sorry for the delay, people.

Spending the HP on a Heroic Feat to add this to his array:

AP: Create Object 11 (earth, magic; Flaws: Permanent; Power Feats: Improved Range 4/100ft, Precise, Progression 14) [30pp]

Way more range and mass than he could possibly need. Constructing a very, very large support structure to keep the bridge up, and a toughness 11 dome over GK himself. Precise was probably not strictly necessary but it let him show off and include little (relative to the scale of the bridge) water paths as a (likely unnecessary) structural consideration.

As an afternote, is the Create Object 13 currently in his array illegal, then?