World Domination Through Recycling (OOC)

N/A

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparksmith rolled the same Init as Pharos, but he's got a higher bonus, so in future rounds, he'll go before Pharos. For this round, OP, just post your action taking place after everyone who's gone so far, and we'll handwave the timing.

A rank 6 Burst Area has a radius of 30ft. The bugbots are all Size Large. The Area is big enough to catch 36 of the bugbots.

9 of them make the DC16 Reflex save for 1/2 damage.

27 DC21 Toughness saves: 15 fail, 12 succeed.

9 DC18 Toughness saves: 5 fail, 4 succeed.

Since Minions automatically suffer the worst possible result from failing any staged saving throw, the bugbots who failed are Destroyed beyond repair.

All in all, out of 36 bugbots in the area of effect, 20 were destroyed.

Round 2! FIGHT!

Initiative

Blitz: 30, 2HP

Rift: 20, 4HP

Keres: 19, NPC

Sparksmith: 19, 2HP

Pharos: 19, 4HP, Bruised x2

Talos: 16, NPC, Injured

BugBots: 14, NPC

Gaian Knight: 10, 1HP, Bruised

Gigawatt: 7, 2HP, Fatigued

Gigawatt gets 1HP for an Accident complication. His total above has been updated accordingly.

Everyone currently on the bridge who isn't Insubstantial 2+ has to make a DC20 Reflex save against the snapped cables for 1/2 damage, followed by a DC25 Toughness save.

13 on the attack roll is (barely) enough to hit all the spiders within the 30ft radius area. Let's call it 36 again - they're pretty densely packed.

36 Toughness saves (DC21): 12 succeed, 24 fail.

Blitz's...well, blitz, destroys 24 more bugbots. Along with the 20 that Gigawatt fried, that's about 20% casualties so far for the spiders.

OK, a rank 10 cone as a final length and diameter of 100ft. That's gonna catch a lot of bugbots. *does some math* Including the 4 in front of you, leaving some space between them and the horde...let's say "40."

1 makes the DC20 Reflex save for half damage. But it fails the DC20 Toughness save.

39 roll a DC25 Toughness save. 9 of them pass, while 30 fail.

That's 31 bugbots destroyed by Rift, +1 he destroyed earlier, +20 from Gigawatt and +24 from Blitz. So out of about 200 to start with, there are now about 125 left (I'm being intentionally fuzzy with the numbers). So you guys have taken out about 1/3 of them.

Technically, OP, you used Extra Effort, which will cause you Fatigue when Init swings around to you next round, and you have the option of burning a HP to waive that Fatigue. You don't have to make that decision yet, though - just by your next action.

Keres, Talos' right-hand man, is detailed on page 151 of Freedom City 2E.

Even with a natural 20, there is no way that anyone's Notice check could beat the +36 Disguise bonus Keres has from his Morph power.

Keres stops holding his action. His Initiative now becomes 19, and since his +9 bonus is higher than Sparksmith or Pharos, he'll go before they do on subsequent rounds.

Free Action: Keres changes, and Sustains, his Morph power.

GM Fiat: Keres gains the Power Attack feat.

Standard Action: Keres attacks Sparksmith with his Drain, catching him flat-footed (and thus, getting his Sneak Attack bonus to damage). He Power Attacks for -5 Attack / +5 Damage.

Attack roll: 10. That's a miss.

GM Fiat: Keres gets a re-roll.

Attack roll (HP re-roll): 26 (the "9" becomes a "19"). That hits.

Sparksmith needs to make a DC20 Fortitude save. For every point he fails the save by, up to 10, he loses an equal number of points off of all 6 of his Ability scores.

Keres Surges for another Standard action, attacking Sparksmith with his Strike power while he's still flat-footed (and thus, while Keres will get his Sneak Attack bonus to damage). He'll Power Attack again for -5 Attack / +5 Damage.

Attack roll: 8. Wow, I am seriously rolling crap today. :P

GM Fiat: Keres gets another re-roll.

Attack roll (HP re-roll): 26 (Again, the "9" becomes a "19).

Sparksmith needs to make a DC30 Toughness save.

OP, after all these rolls have been resolved, have 5 Hero Points for Sparksmith - 1 for protecting the innocent, 1 for the setback, and 3 for the Fiats.

Keres will be Fatigued on his next action, unless before that I decide to GM Fiat and give Sparksmith another HP. I'll let you know.

If Pharos manages to catch Talos completely by surprise, how would that affect a grapple roll?

Unfortunately, by the RAW, it wouldn't have any effect. It would make the initial attack roll to initiate the grapple much easier, since he'd be caught flat-footed, and thus, he'd lose his dodge bonus to Defense. But your Grapple bonus is your Attack + STR (among other modifiers), so if you were to, say, Power Attack, you'd subtract from your attack, add to your STR and still wind up with the same overall bonus.

However, in the interest of cinematic flavor, should you catch him flat-footed (and I fail to see how you wouldn't), I will probably give you some sort of circumstance bonus to the grapple roll. A bonus which I will avoid actually defining for as long as possible. :D

alright then here we go.

Pharos attacks by coming up through the bridge, directly underneath Talos: 20

DC 27 Toughness save

Spending an HP to gain the effects of Improved Grab. That attack counts as the roll to initiate a grapple in addition to doing damage.

Grapple Roll....well if this doesn't hit I dont know what will: 45

Falling damage caps out at +20 for 200+ feet. I'm gonna add another +2 damage for the fact that he's hitting a very hard surface.

Talos' Toughness save (DC37): 18. Talos fails by 19. As a Construct, his body is Destroyed beyond repair when he fails a Toughness save by 15+.

I'm gonna say that what's left of his crushed, mangled body made a crater in the bridge, but didn't actually punch all the way through.