World Domination Through Recycling (OOC)

N/A

A good writer shouldn't have to explain himself, but regardless of my level of skill, I want to avoid any ambiguity.

Talos' latest monologue is not intended to cheapen or undermine the efforts of your heroes. Well, Talos intends that, but I don't. Really, it's just a case of sour grapes on his part. He's droning on and on about how he's really the winner and blah blah blah. :words: Which he wouldn't have to do unless he was losing. So feel free to have your characters react with incredulity or amusement rather than fear or despair if that is your preference.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way more range and mass than he could possibly need. Constructing a very, very large support structure to keep the bridge up, and a toughness 11 dome over GK himself. Precise was probably not strictly necessary but it let him show off and include little (relative to the scale of the bridge) water paths as a (likely unnecessary) structural consideration.

I have no problem with any of this.

Not even hiding under the dome. GK's taken more than his fair share of hits today, sacrificing himself to help others.

As an afternote, is the Create Object 13 currently in his array illegal, then?

Technically, as far as I'm aware...Yes. But I'm not 100% certain, so don't submit any edit requests yet.

"The Earth is not impressed. And your mother was a toaster."

GK gets another Hero Point.

Round 4

Blitz: 30, 0HP, Bruised x2, Fatigued

Rift: 20, 0HP

Keres: 19, NPC, Injured

Sparksmith: 19, 2HP, Bruised x2

Pharos: 19, 2HP, Bruised x3

Talos: 16, NPC, Injured, Destroyed

BugBots: 14, NPC

Gaian Knight: 10, 1HP, Bruised x6, Staggered, Fatigued

Gigawatt: 7, 0HP, Bruised x2

Blitz becomes Fatigued at the start of his action, since he used Extra Effort to Surge last round, and doesn't have any HPs with which to cancel it. If he gains a HP later, he can use it to clear the Fatigue.

If Sparksmith does not burn a HP at the start of his action, he will become Fatigued, since he used Extra Effort to Surge last round.

Blitz is up.

Actually, some "top of the round" stuff before Blitz goes:

First, Sparksmith gets a HP for prioritizing the safety of the children over his own.

Second, the minivan finally explodes, an Area (Burst) Strike 8 effect. The woman in the trunk is shielded by an Impervious 9 wall, so she's automatically safe. However, Sparksmith and Keres are both at ground zero, so they need to both make a DC18 Reflex save for half damage, followed by a DC23 Toughness save (or DC19 if they make the Reflex save). And this is Lethal damage.

Keres' Reflex Save (DC18): 24.

Keres Toughness Save (DC19): 17. He takes another Injury.

Blitz had more than enough movement to be beyond the 40ft radius explosion, and Rift never closed in that far before blasting Keres. Sparksmith also got the kids well out of range in time.

Sparksmith gets 1HP for this setback.

Round 4

Rift: 20, 0HP

Keres: 19, NPC, Injured x2

Sparksmith: 19, 4HP, Bruised x2

Blitz becomes Fatigued at the start of his action, since he used Extra Effort to Surge last round, and doesn't have any HPs with which to cancel it. If he gains a HP later, he can use it to clear the Fatigue.

If Sparksmith does not burn a HP at the start of his action, he will become Fatigued, since he used Extra Effort to Surge last round.

Now Blitz is up.

Slight retcon here, People.

I am ruling that Sparksmith was automatically KOed by the explosion, and that Keres used his Morph effect as a Reaction to revert to his Robert Pattinson form immediately after. I am also ruling that no other PCs are to heal Sparksmith, or interact with him again in any way for the rest of this thread.

Mechanically speaking, Keres' Morph power, like any other Morph power, works the way it works. I have tried my best to give it sufficient descriptors for the understanding, appeasement, and enjoyment of the players, but I shouldn't have to keep justifying it over and over again.

I make mistakes and bad rulings, and I never shy away from owning up to them and fixing them, whether that means a retcon or even just a Hero Point bribe. I always give the players a chance to make their case, to a point. But we're long past that point. And it's not like I haven't been flexible so far.

OmegaPlatinum, you're done with this adventure. The matter is not up for discussion. Don't post in it again, IC or OOC.

CarbonCopy, Blitz can see Keres for what he is now, so go ahead and do your thing.

OK, since that little complication has been taken care of, I'll just go push him.

Rush attempt will be +7 since Blitz has no strength bonus currently (Fatigued Condition) and +7 due to his Speed power: Roll is 1d20+7=27 HELL YEAH NAT 20!!!

That means that Keres has to hit a 27 on a strength check to resist the charge and make Blitz bounce off of him like a very small rock.

I'd like to see what the result is before I make my post tho (for dramatic reasons), so I'm not gonna make the IC post yet. I await the results from Keres' save with eager anticipation!

Keres' Strength check: 14.

27 - 14 = 13. 13 steps down the Progression Table is 10,000, so Blitz pushes Keres back 10,000 feet. That's almost 2 miles.

There is nothing but water in that direction, and the bridge is 150ft above the surface of the water, so Keres falls in.

Keres' Toughness save (DC30): 11. He fails by 19, so he's Destroyed.

It's just...not a good day to be a robot villain, is it? One got humiliated by the sun, the other got a crash (hah!) course in speedster physics. Almost wish GK wasn't in his dome of happy safety...he'd have loved to see Keres fly off into the sunset at mach speeds.

Darksider, Rift is up.

Just to make sure we're all on the same page here: At this point, with Talos and Keres both defeated, the bridge fully supported, and the innocent bystanders having a head start, the only real problem left is the horde of around 100 car-sized self-replicating giant spiders. They move slightly faster than the commuters, and they're constantly increasing their numbers as they move forward, so left unattended, eventually they will overtake the commuters, followed by the rest of the city.

Ok, powerstunting again. Gonna have to cop Fatigue

Strike 10 (Extras: Area: [burst]) Selective. Flaws: Distracting) [20PP]

Last I checked, he'd flown away from the horde, off toward the Keres mess. A touch-range Burst Area? Is he gonna fly right into the maw of the horde? :D

"Shut up and Rust in Peace!"

Rift gets 1HP.

Mapping out the 100ft diameter circle, and taking away a few spaces here and there for abandoned cars, I'll say 50 bugbots are within the burst area.

Bugbot Reflex saves (DC20): 3 succeed, 47 fail.

3 Bugbot Toughness saves (DC20): All 3 succeed.

47 Bugbot Toughness saves (DC25): 13 succeed, 34 fail.

Rift's explosion Destroys 34 bugbots. They're down to about 65 now.

Round 4

Rift: 20, 1HP

Keres: 19, NPC, Injured x2, Destroyed

Sparksmith: 19, 4HP, Bruised x2, Unconscious

Pharos is up.

OK, I'm moving this forward. Galatine, feel free to jump in and post for Pharos as soon as you can.

Blitz and Gigawatt are still on the other side of the bridge, and GK is under his dome.

That leaves Pharos and Rift to take the hits from the bugbots.

4 Bugbots close in around the car Rift is standing on, and attack him with their chainsaw-bladed legs. They'll make a Combined Attack, so the first one will hit for normal damage, +2 damage for each additional bugbot who hits.

Bugbot Attack rolls (DC20): All 4 miss.

5 Bugbots pelt Pharos with their freezing gas, another Combined Attack. The base effect is Paralyze 5. +2 for 4 additional attackers adds +8, for a total of 13.

Pharos needs to make a DC23 Reflex save for 1/2 "damage," followed by a DC23 Fortitude save (or DC17 if he makes the Reflex save), against a Paralyze effect.

Most of the bugbots move forward, and make more bugbots. Now they're up from about 65 to about 75.

Pharos and Rift both get 1HP for taking the brunt of the bugbot attacks.

GK is up, followed by Gigawatt (who can reach the bugbots on his turn with a single Move Action if he wishes).

Round 4

Rift: 20, 2HP

Pharos: 19, 3HP, Bruised x3

Spending the HP to recover from the fatigue - having that on him makes me all nervous-like.

Indirect Area Blast: 9 5-foot cubes, shaped to hit the maximum number of 'bots (and avoid any non-bot targets on the ground in that area, though I don't think anyone's that close?), more or less centered on the dome. DC19 Reflex, then DC19 or DC24 Toughness, depending on whether or not they make the save.

Really ought to give GK a bigger area attack (or progression - probably progression) next time he has some PP lying around.

The bugbots are densely packed enough that I'll say you can place 9 5ft cubes in such a way as to hit 9 bugbots (each one is Large, so they take up 4 5ft squares on a map - 10ft x 10ft).

Bugbot Reflex saves (DC19): All 9 fail.

Bugbot Toughness saves (DC24): 3 save, 6 fail.

6 Bugbots are Destroyed. Their numbers have dropped to about 70.

Gigawatt is going to move close to the horde, and hit em with the area blast he stunted turn 1. Blast 4(Affects corporeal, area(burst)) unless i am mistaken.

No attack roll for area, iirc, so a wind up, a pitch, and a boom. hopefully some of them will fall down.

Blast 4 (Extras: Affects Corporeal, Area) costs 16PP, leaving him 2PP in that array slot. I'll go ahead and assume he spent them on the Progression feat, to increase the size of the Area, from 5ft/rank radius to 25ft/rank. That'll give him a 100ft radius sphere, which will easily catch all of the remaining bugbots.

75 Bugbots roll a DC19 Toughness save. 32 save, and 43 fail. 43 Bugbots are Destroyed.

So there are only about 30 Bugbots left on the bridge.

Round 4

Round 5

Gigawatt will be Fatigued when his action comes up, because he used Extra Effort for a power stunt last round.

CC, Blitz is up.

Galatine, feel free to jump in with Pharos at any time.

I wish I had something better to do in this situation, but with 'bots having no ears to dazzle and no nervous system to fry, I'm gonna have Blitz rapid attack an area of 'bots again.

Rapid Attack against the BugBots (1d20+9=10). guh... freakin' nat 1! :argh:

I (obviously) don't think that hits, but I'll wait for Shaen to say one way or the other before I make my post.

Move-By Action to keep going past the 'bots, but he's gonna stay close to the end of the bridge as a "first line of defense".