World Domination Through Recycling (OOC)

N/A

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC: Given their Large size, only about 4 of the bugbots can surround Blitz in melee at once. They deploy chainsaw blades and swarm him.

Attack rolls (DC20): 24, 24, 24, 8. 1 misses, 3 hit (and get +2 damage from Autofire).

Blitz needs to make 3 DC23 Toughness saves.

Darksider: Fire having proven ineffective against Rift, the spiders try to flash-freeze him. Make 3 DC15 Reflex saves for 1/2 damage, followed by 3 DC15 Fortitude saves against a Paralyze effect (or DC13 saves, if he made the Reflex saves).

Attack rolls (DC20): 20, 24, 16.

Then make a DC21 Toughness save and a DC23 Toughness save against the bullets.

Fox: Make 3 DC15 Reflex saves against the flaming napalm for 1/2 damage, followed by 3 DC20 Toughness saves (or DC18, if he makes the Reflex saves).

Attack rolls (DC16): 15, 21, 7.

Then make a DC22 Toughness save against the bullets.

Synius: At Insubstantial 3, Gigawatt is immune to the bullets fired at him, but not the flaming napalm hurled in his direction. Make 3 DC15 Reflex saves for half damage, followed by 3 DC20 Toughness saves (or 18, if he makes the Reflex save).

Fox: Make 3 DC15 Reflex saves against the flaming napalm for 1/2 damage, followed by 3 DC20 Toughness saves (or DC18, if he makes the Reflex saves).

Attack rolls (DC16): 15, 21, 7.

Then make a DC22 Toughness save against the bullets.

Oh dear. Dice, don't fail me now! EDITS: corrected by Shaen on how bruise mechanics work!

Reflex Saves, DC15 (1d20 + 7=25, 1d20 + 7=26, 1d20 + 7=24) I love you, dice.

Toughness Saves, DC18 (1d20 + 6=17, 1d20 + 6=19, 1d20 + 6=18)

With the bruise penalty, these become 16, 18, 17. Failed two.

Toughness Save, DC22 (1d20 + 6=12)

With the bruised penalty, this becomes 11. Failed by 11, staggered + stunned.

End result: Staggered, Stunned, up to bruised 3. Shaking off the Stun with my last HP, 'cos there's a lady that needs saving.

Honor's really not going to let him do anything but save the mother. :argh: Honor!

Extra effort; stunting an alternate power on his earthshaping array:

AP: Blast 11 (Flaws: Distracting; Power Feats: Indirect) + Create Object 9 (Extras: Impervious, Duration/Continuous; Flaws: Distracting, Permanent) [30PP]

Condition is now, if I'm not mistaken, Staggered, Bruised 3, Fatigued, and Distracted until either the end of the round or GK's next turn...the books aren't clear.

Using a Distracting effect requires more concentration than usual, causing you to lose your dodge bonus on any round the effect is used or maintained.

You are correct.

I'm gonna rule that the minivan, having been torn at and tossed around quite a bit already, has 2 Injuries, dropping its effective Toughness down to +7.

Minivan's Toughness save (DC26): 11. It fails by 15, which is enough to not just Disable it, but Destroy it beyond repair. The wall goes up right through it, shearing it in half just like you wanted.

Alright, I'm going to stunt Magnetic Control off of my blast, which gives me Magnetic Control 9 which give me effective strength 45. Light load is 2 tons, which I'm hoping is enough to keep the chopper from falling to the ground.

Magnetic Control is Perception-range, so there's no need for an attack roll. Although the chopper is not sentient, it is spinning and falling out of control, with a lot of inertia behind it. So go ahead and roll a contested grapple check against it (technically, "grappling" is how you pick up anything with Move Object). Your bonus for the check is your Magnetic Control rank x2 (it would be Attack bonus + power rank, but it's Perception), or +18. The chopper has Strength 30, for a +10 bonus, and it's Huge, so that's another +8, for a total bonus of +18 as well.

Helicopter's Grapple check: 21. Dealer has blackjack!

The helicopter is around 2 tons, so it's just barely a Light Load for you - you can move/throw it 25ft per round (see the Throwing rules on page 36 of the main book). It's a Standard Action to "grab on to it," suspending it in mid-air, and it's a Move Action to move it around.

Gaian Knight, Gigawatt, have 1HP each for the awesomeness.

Round 3! FIGHT!

Initiative

Blitz: 30, 1HP, Bruised x2, Stunned

Rift: 20, 1HP, Slowed

Keres: 19, NPC

Sparksmith: 19, 6HP, Bruised

Pharos: 19, 4HP, Bruised x3

Talos: 16, NPC, Injured, Destroyed

BugBots: 14, NPC

Gaian Knight: 10, 1HP, Bruised x3, Staggered, Distracted

Gigawatt: 7, 2HP, Bruised x2, Fatigued

Keres, Sparksmith, Gaian Knight, and Gigawatt will all suffer another level of Fatigue at the start of their action unless they spend a Hero Point to clear it.

Blitz, you're up.

OK, I'm gonna have Blitz spend his last HP to shake off his stunned condition.

Then he'll rapid attack the bots around him to clear them out of the way. 1d20+9=13

As I remember the defense that hits them all. DC21 toughness to save.

Since I'm gonna assume that at least 1 of them falls over/explodes, I'm gonna have Blitz beat a hasty retreat and wall-run down the cables and across the bridge towards Keres and Sparksmith. When he's close enough Blitz surges and move-by action rapid attacks again to hit everything in the area there as well. 1d20+9=12

*sigh*

Any bots in the area are gonna get hit, but Keres (the one I wanted to get) is gonna get missed. :anger: curse you roll of 3!!!

Blitz will end his turn a good distance down the bridge and will likely get fatigued on his next turn.

Yes, the bugbots have Defense +2 (DC12), so a 13 attack roll hits.

Another round, another 36 bugbots roll DC21 Toughness saves. 15 pass, 21 fail and are Destroyed. That's more than enough to clear Blitz a path out of there.

Unfortunately, yes, Keres' Defense is +10 (DC20), so that second attack misses by a wide margin. :(

For the record, there aren't any bugbots anywhere near Keres. The bugbots have, at this point, swarmed over about 1/3 of the bridge, on the eastern side. Keres, Sparksmith, and most of the fleeing bystanders are on the west half of the bridge, mainly concentrated in the western 1/4 at this point. Keres, Sparksmith, the domed/halved minivan, the woman inside the trunk, and her children clinging to Sparksmith's legs, are all about half a bridge away from the bugbot horde and the bulk of the assembled heroes.

Rifts Recovery roll from paralyze (DC 13) 18

When Shaen says so, Rift will shake off the ice once it is the Robot spiders turn (according to Shaen).

Rift Spends his Last Hero point to Surge. Rift moves to the other side of the Bridge with Sparksmith and Keres.

Rift uses Blast to attack Keres. Rift has precise shot, so he gets no melee penalty:

It's not "because I said so," Darksider. That's how Lasting effects work, Instant (Lasting) effects in particular. You got hit with it on the bugbot's Initiative, so you'll get your next save to shake it off on their same Init during the following round, exactly one round later.

23 is definitely enough to hit Keres.

Keres' Toughness save (DC25): 26. Owch.

Keres accepts a -5 to his Bluff check in order to attempt to Feint Sparksmith as a Move Action.

Bluff check: 28.

OP, make an opposed Bluff check (since Sparksmith's Bluff is higher than his Sense Motive). Unless you roll a 19-20, Sparksmith is flat-footed against Keres.

If he succeeds, then Sparksmith will be flat-footed against his attack, and he'll get his Sneak Attack bonus.

Attack roll: 14. That only hits if the Feint worked.

OP, if Sparksmith failed to resist the Feint, then make a DC25 Toughness save for him.

As a Free Action, Keres will use his Morph power to change into...Sparksmith. Anyone who attacks either of them needs to make an opposed Notice check against his Disguise (he's got a +36 bonus). If you fail, or cannot possibly succeed, then any attacks you send at one will be randomly assigned between the two of them.