What MnM2e Books Do You Own?

Barnum

Let's see:

M&M 1e core

M&M 2e core

Freedom City 2e (pdf, should have held out for hard copy)

Ultimate Power

Golden Age (I like it more than Barnum :D)

And the following all as pdfs:

Archetype Archives 1-3

Villainous Archetypes 1-3

Street-Level Archetypes 1-2

Lockdown: Gen-Pop

(I'm a GM and I suck at math, so I go the lazy route :roll:)

Ones I want to buy:

Hero High

Mastermind's Manual (maybe)

FC 2e (hardcover)

Paragons (maybe)

Iron Age

More of them cheapo character pdfs!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see:

M&M 1e core

M&M 2e core

Freedom City 2e (pdf, should have held out for hard copy)

Ultimate Power

Golden Age (I like it more than Barnum :D)

And the following all as pdfs:

Archetype Archives 1-3

Villainous Archetypes 1-3

Street-Level Archetypes 1-2

Lockdown: Gen-Pop

(I'm a GM and I suck at math, so I go the lazy route :roll:)

Ones I want to buy:

Hero High

Mastermind's Manual (maybe)

FC 2e (hardcover)

Paragons (maybe)

Iron Age

More of them cheapo character pdfs!

The M&M2nd ed core book (of course)

Masteminds Manuel

Freedom City Sourcebook

Ultimate Power

I also have (on PDF)

Hero High

Agents of Freedom

Iron Age

Freedom City Archtypes

Villainous Archtypes 1

and one of the other Archtypes books, number 2 or 3 (can't remember :))

Masteminds Manuel

Freedom City Sourcebook

Ultimate Power

I also have (on PDF)

Hero High

Agents of Freedom

Iron Age

Freedom City Archtypes

Villainous Archtypes 1

Masteminds Manuel

Freedom City Sourcebook

Ultimate Power

I also have (on PDF)

Hero High

Agents of Freedom

Iron Age

Freedom City Archtypes

Villainous Archtypes 1

I like it. If it was $19.00, I would have rated it "excellent." But with barely 150 pages of content and a retail price of $33.00, it's just "pretty good" in my opinion. :D That's also why I rated Golden Age so poorly.

I gave up caring about the cost of my hobby a long time; well, not completely true, since I probably won't buy D&D 4e since I refuse to buy the three corebooks yet again. If it's under $30 for a supplement I'll buy it, corebooks now have to be under $40. Hmm, have to think about the Mastermind's Manual - what is actually in it? I find UP to be utterly baffling, and will probably only read/use half of it, but I still really like it.

I like it. If it was $19.00, I would have rated it "excellent." But with barely 150 pages of content and a retail price of $33.00, it's just "pretty good" in my opinion. :D That's also why I rated Golden Age so poorly.

I gave up caring about the cost of my hobby a long time; well, not completely true, since I probably won't buy D&D 4e since I refuse to buy the three corebooks yet again. If it's under $30 for a supplement I'll buy it, corebooks now have to be under $40. Hmm, have to think about the Mastermind's Manual - what is actually in it? I find UP to be utterly baffling, and will probably only read/use half of it, but I still really like it.

- Mutants and Masterminds core book

- Ultimate Power

- Masterminds Manual

- Freedom City

- Golden Age

- Iron Age (thank-you, Mr. Claus)

- Noir

Could you (or anyone else) give us a quick review of "Noir?" It looks interesting, but I've often wondered if I'd ever use it?

- Ultimate Power

- Masterminds Manual

- Freedom City

- Golden Age

- Noir

Could you (or anyone else) give us a quick review of "Noir?" It looks interesting, but I've often wondered if I'd ever use it?

- Ultimate Power

- Masterminds Manual

- Freedom City

- Golden Age

- Noir

Cosmiscaus' 'Noir' review:

*ahem*

I haven't really put this one into practice yet, but I enjoy it for it's strong emphasis on the feel of the genre. It's really geared to running a game in the noir setting (giving not only builds, but also conventions of the genre and plenty of flavour text), which means that it's less generally adaptable. That said, it certainly has some good things to draw from it and some interesting pre-generated characters. If you're a completist, you should definately pick it up. If you're a GM, well, it would go by personal taste. If it's a setting you enjoy (or perhaps one you are playing and need inspiration) then yeah, pick it up. Otherwise, maybe wait until you've got a gift voucher burning a hole in your pocket. Like I said, I do like it, but I haven't had a whole lot of use for it...

...yet.

Hope that helped. :) Sorry it took so long.

*ahem*

I haven't really put this one into practice yet, but I enjoy it for it's strong emphasis on the feel of the genre. It's really geared to running a game in the noir setting (giving not only builds, but also conventions of the genre and plenty of flavour text), which means that it's less generally adaptable. That said, it certainly has some good things to draw from it and some interesting pre-generated characters. If you're a completist, you should definately pick it up. If you're a GM, well, it would go by personal taste. If it's a setting you enjoy (or perhaps one you are playing and need inspiration) then yeah, pick it up. Otherwise, maybe wait until you've got a gift voucher burning a hole in your pocket. Like I said, I do like it, but I haven't had a whole lot of use for it...

...yet.

*ahem*

...yet.

I have mixed feelings about "Paragons". The thing is, it's not a setting. It's an idea book; something you can use in another campaign. It has character ideas galore, some of which are the very good, but it has no real substance. But make your own decision.

Here's the gist: "Breakouts" (or metahumans) are all over the Earth. No one really knows why they can break most of the physical laws - they just can. Some people think it's some kind of mental effect - a "Mind over Matter" thing. That would mean every superhuman is in some small way a mentalist, just manifesting itself in different ways. Others think it's some sort of limited control over reality. Same deal there - the person thinks it, and it happens. And others take that to its logical (or illogical) extreme, eschewing any scientific explanation by saying "They are superhuman because they believe they can be superhuman."

That's the basis of the game, really. Believe you can be more than you are, and you can be that which you want. Its a nice story, and like I said, the character ideas are good, but I feel its been said before. There's nothing in there you don't already have. Its a study in what makes a paranormal, not a roleplaying supplement.

Many people here will doubtless disagree with me, but that's just how I feel about it.

I have mixed feelings about "Paragons". The thing is, it's not a setting. It's an idea book; something you can use in another campaign. It has character ideas galore, some of which are the very good, but it has no real substance. But make your own decision.

Here's the gist: "Breakouts" (or metahumans) are all over the Earth. No one really knows why they can break most of the physical laws - they just can. Some people think it's some kind of mental effect - a "Mind over Matter" thing. That would mean every superhuman is in some small way a mentalist, just manifesting itself in different ways. Others think it's some sort of limited control over reality. Same deal there - the person thinks it, and it happens. And others take that to its logical (or illogical) extreme, eschewing any scientific explanation by saying "They are superhuman because they believe they can be superhuman."

That's the basis of the game, really. Believe you can be more than you are, and you can be that which you want. Its a nice story, and like I said, the character ideas are good, but I feel its been said before. There's nothing in there you don't already have. Its a study in what makes a paranormal, not a roleplaying supplement.

Many people here will doubtless disagree with me, but that's just how I feel about it.