Interceptors: The Sweet Science of Stabpunching OOC

Gizmo

Figured we might as well get right down to it! Everybody in the training room has had their powers disabled (Mona's still eight feet tall, since that's innate). Lynn, Eli and Mona each get a hero point since the 'Nullify' is just a plot fiat. Feel free to post with reactions while we're waiting for everyone's initiative rolls.

Initiative. (1d20+9=20)

A complied list to save Giz a headache.

20 - Jack of All Blades - Unharmed - HP x5

14 - Fulcrum - Unharmed - HP x2

13 - Grimlakin - Unharmed - HP x4

9 - Dynamo - Unharmed - HP x4

Mechanically, Fulcrum's Str/Con can't be nulled, but since its fiat anyway, I'll use the 18/14 from Growth to be fair. Reasonable?

Oh and please don't nullify Grim. Thank you. ;)

Up to Giz, it's kind of his deal. The 18/14 thing works so long as Fulcrum sans powers would otherwise be completely unremarkable physically (Dexterity notwithstanding).

A complied list to save Giz a headache.

20 - Jack of All Blades - Unharmed - HP x5

14 - Fulcrum - Unharmed - HP x2

13 - Grimlakin - Unharmed - HP x4

9 - Dynamo - Unharmed - HP x4

Thanks, Geez!

Honestly, I'll leave that to you, Darius. I've got no problem with Fulcrum keeping all of her innate abilities, Strength and Constitution included. If you think lowering those scores better serves the story, that's fine too.

Just in case it wasn't clear, Jack intends for all three of them to attack him together. He did say they'd be improving their teamwork skills, too! As such, he's going to be actively blocking this round, using Defensive Attack. That means he's got 33 Defense, and rolls against any attack that gets through with +13 before the cumulative –2 penalty.

Fulcrum is up!

I just meant that Blocking is basically an opposed Attack roll, but you take a cumulative –2 penalty for every attack after the first that you try to Block. I figured you could apply the =5 from Defensive Attack to that. Actually, since he's unarmed, +13 wouldn't be right regardless; I forgot he wasn't using his sword-dependent stats. I'm probably just misunderstanding how Block works anyway.

Let's just call it Total Defense, putting him at 32 Defense total for the round. Easier that way anyway.

Alright, Giz. If no one objects, I'll keep the Strength and Constitution at those levels.

That I actually made near the top of the initiative order shocks me. It's so...unnatural. Especially considering certain other characters' modifiers. In any case, Fulcrum is going to do what she does best, but hopefully put her devious plan into action. Hopefully they'll get the drift to aid another, set him up or otherwise aid her. ;)

Accurate Attack +5, Charge vs JoAB Def 32 (1d20+15=30) Close! Defense 16.

Acrobatics Check vs DC 33. (1d20+15=32) So close!

Block vs. DC 24 (1d20+7=14) ...less close.

Toughness Save vs. DC 15. (1d20+1=15) Ha!

Erik's gonna give Eli a little tap: Unarmed Power Attack 5. (1d20+7=27) That's DC 15 + 2 + 5 + 5 = 27. Yeah. Wow.

He'll use his move action to Feint Lynn at an auto 33 Bluff, then surge to attack her, too: Unarmed Power Attack 5. (1d20+7=27) ...I kid you not. Those are two separate rolls. DC 27 for her, too.

Overdrive - If Dynamo is hit by an effect with the electrical descriptor and fails the associated save, he enters the Overdrive state for a number of rounds equal to the Rank of the effect. In this state, his Speed and Quickness effects gain the Permanent and Full Power traits, basically this means he has to take at least a move action every round and move his full speed. In this state, Eli cannot use interaction skills on anyone, nor can they use them on him; Eli's effectively deaf and mute for the duration. This also makes any benefits from the Master Plan, Inspire, Team work, Set up and Leadership feats unusable during the time period.

It's a healing effect, which is Fortitude (harmless) for a save. But at the same time, Dynamo's powers are nullified at the moment. What does do? We're safely in "Screw The Rules, I Have Plot" territory by the way.