Interceptors: The Sweet Science of Stabpunching IC

Gizmo

"Yar har ol' Jackie B, all are stars he gets to see," she continued, smiling and obviously enjoying the session. Yeah, well, she isn't a singer that's for sure.

Her addition to the little ditty was followed by a predictable wide swipe over the head. Twisting her body, she followed up with a slap across Jack's stomach that caught him full on. Normally the motion wouldn't have much force. Mona knew how to wring every ounce of energy out of her over-sized build. The blow hit with considerable power. In Jack's case, perhaps enough to knock the wind out of him.

"You're a better coach than you give yourself credit, Jack." Meant every word too.

"Alright, now you're just saying words," Jack admonished just before Mona's open handed blow. From an average opponent, the attack would have been easily powered through, but the fencer had underestimated just how much to the statuesque woman's brobdingnagian strength came from her massive frame. Knocked back a few feet, he grinned through a wince even as he struggled to regain his footing. "Dunno, Mo', I give myself a lotta credit. I'm pretty fantastic."

To say that hitting Jack in the face made Grim happy would be like calling the Mona Lisa a finger painting; her little face lit up like it was her birthday, Halloween and a trip to Six Flags all at the same time. She literally jumped for joy, leaping about five feet in the air, fist-pumping her way around the gym.

"I hit him! I hit him! Right! In! His! Face! Yeah, boy-ee!"

"Don't forget guys, head shots are satisfying, but you're just a likely to hurt your hand and their face. Work the body!"

The shapeshifter was grinning like a crack addict, her eyes wide with giddy anticipation as she swayed from side to side.

"Oh, I'll work your body, Jackie me boy! I'll work it like like five pounds of frickin' hamburger, chickita!"

Oh dear, she felt another song coming on, and just like that, the Jewish ninja princess was at it again.

"I'm a Chickita banana, and I'm here to say

I love to punch Jackie B in the face all day!"

This time, she was going for unpredictable; sometimes her jabs were fast, sometimes slow, sometimes neat and tight, others sloppy and loose. For the hell of it, she even threw in some old gymnastics moves and cartwheels, and yelled out random phrases like "You know!" and "Righteous!" as she tumbled past Jack's face. Really, she looked more like a cheerleader on crystal meth than anything else; in fact, it was pretty darn irritating.

Finally, out of nowhere, Grim dropped to a crouch, her fist making a terrifying beeline right for Jack's gut; at the last minute, she did a barrel roll out of the way, while giving Dynamo a thumbs up.

"Oh, I'll work your body, Jackie me boy! I'll work it like like five pounds of frickin' hamburger, chickita!"

"Don't let Colt hear you say that." quipped Eli with a smirk. He figured as long as he was throwing jabs at Jack, he could throw a few Grim's way. Seeing as how well being over the top had worked for him last time, Eli decided to play it a bit more safe this time around. Eli did a hand spring maneuver (much more subtle) as he charged towards Jack. He went directly from that little trick to a flying roundhouse kick aimed at Jack's head. Even though the blow went right over Jack's head, Eli was able to land smoothly, and give Jack a one-two body combination. "Yeah, no song this time. Real men sing with their fists!"

One of Jack's eyes shut in a wince at Lynn's rampant antics. "Please tell me I'm not that bad," he groaned, punctuating the plea with an involuntary cough. It was obvious that she was trying to distract him - it was one of his own trademark tactics, after all - but knowing that didn't help the worn out fencer to keep ahead of the diminutive acrobat's unpredictable movements. Consequently Eli's well placed body blows caught him off guard, knocking the unbalanced swashbuckler off his feet, his head smacking loudly off of the Wreck Room's floor. "T'ld you guy y'c'ld do it..." he slurred before lying down for a brief nap.

"T'ld you guy y'c'ld do it..."

Grim's jaw dropped when she saw her teammate topple. "Oh my God, we actually did it! We dropped Jack of All Blades!" Her gleeful face quickly clouded with concern. "Uh, that wasn't a super-hard hit, but we better make sure he's okay."

She quickly yelled up to the control booth. "Colt, turn of the dampeners!" Then she stepped over to Jack and kneeled by his side to loosen his collar and check his breathing. "Still, you gotta admit, that was kinda awesome!"

"Woo!" cheered Eli as Jack went down. "Nah. Jack'll be fine. Bro's made of some tough stuff there. Shame he couldn't stand up to these massive guns!" joked Eli as he did a few over the top flexes and poses, which prominently displayed his complete lack of muscle. Eli then knelt down next to Jack. "Hold on, lemme see if I can get him to come too. Hey Jaaacck~ Your sister's pretty cute. You don't mind if I take her out on a date do you?" said Eli as he was barely able to hold back his laughter.

While the rest of his body remained still, Jack's right arm snapped up to catch the kneeling speedster around the neck in a chokehold. With a groan, the fencer squeezed his eyes shut tighter, then opened them again, propping himself up on his left elbow. "This plan has a physicality to it which I am beginning to dislike," he muttered as his eyes adjusted to the light. Frowning, he looked over to his other arm in mild confusion. "...why am I choking Eli?"

Colt had quickly shut down the power dampeners once the fight was over. He was glad to see that the trial had been a success. It took him a few more moments to get all the settings for the room in order, and make sure all the dampeners were shut down properly, before he could step out into the room. But he couldn't help but chuckle at the antics of Eli and Jack all the same.

Frankly, Mona had never seen so much fancy footwork. Awestruck was the right word for it. Even Eli, who seemed like a fish out of water without his powers, seemed to holding his own. Mona knew why fans referred to heroes like herself as flying bricks. Yeah, a brick surrounded by some of the wildest, even friendly, monkeys would you imagine. Brought a smile to her face. Her team mates and she loved them.

She was already lunging forward when Jack dropped hard. She nearly stomped him. Her move had been to startle the swashbuckler and open him up to a flank by the nimble Jewish ninja princess. Which of course was hardly necessary, leaving Mona stumbling and trying to regain her balance.

Her smile widened at the enthusiasm. The positive waves were just sweeping through the room. She gave Grim a hearty pat on the back, looking down at Eli and Jack, and only barely containing the laughter. "Great job, everyone! That includes you too, Jack. You've been a very good sport."

"As for the choking, I think you have some big brother issues to resolve."

"Uh..." Jack released Eli's throat and jerked his hand back uncertainly. "Sorry, Zip. I think, anyway," he added dryly, a broad smirk spreading across his face as he rose stiffly to his feet. "Warhg. Told you we needed a day for healing," the fencer observed with a nod toward Colt before cracking his neck noisily left then right. Good first session. Gotta feel for where everybody sits. Nice work."

Fulcrum helped Eli up, gently, and addressed Jack, "So fearless trainer, are we done for the day or do you have anymore dastardly schemes cooked up?" She stretched her arms out behind her. "I don't know about you, but I'm just getting warmed up."

"Now that Grim has had her revenge, we can work on team building exercises," she continued, adding a sidelong wink to Grimalkin.

"Now that Grim has had her revenge, we can work on team building exercises,"

Grim grinned evilly as she tented her fingers and spoke in a disturbingly accurate Mr Burns voice.

"Excellent! Finally, my revenge is complete!"

She stopped herself, fingers slightly apart as she looked from side to side.

"Uh, yeah, we can workout some more..." :?

Jack gave the his female teammates a wan smirk. "If you ladies are up for it, by all means," he agreed, gesturing to the Wreck Room with a sweeping gesture. "I, on the other hand, promised my sister that I'd take blunt force trauma to the head a little more seriously." The swordsman shrugged unconcernedly and rapped on the side of his skull. "Hermanita apparently thinks I've got something up there I should be careful with, so." Tucking his thumbs into the waist of his pants, he headed for the door, nonchalantly asking, "Bill, you got a sec?"

"Sure, Jack, I ain't got no plans." Colt responded and made his way to the door. He stopped along the way in front of Grim. He touched the side of her cheek, and laid a kiss on her lips. "Ya looked good out thur, honey." With a wink, he moved on. Colt followed Jack out of the room, turning his back on the training room.

Once they'd exited to the hallway, Jack turned to Colt, folding his arms. "So. What do you think?" the fencer asked seriously. "They did well, better than I was expecting, especially Eli, but three on one against an opponent who's holding back..." Running a hand through his hair, he let out a long breath. "Dunno, maybe I'm just being paranoid about the no-powers thing, but..." Concern creased the swashbuckler's forehead.

"Come on, Jack," Colt reasoned, "Y'all know as well's I do that y'all don't need no powers ta kick ass. Ways I see't, I'd have trouble hittin' ya, an' I don't miss." Colt stuck his hands in the pocket of his coat and soldiered on. "I reckon it did'em lots'a good see'n a fight from th'other side. Forced'em ta think'n all. An, well, they did clock ya good near th'end."

Colt looked back towards the training room as he leaned up against the wall. "I ain't sayin' them's perfect, but all th'same, they dun good." Colt smiled, "Grim's been part'a the team fer'a while now. She's worked with'us, but never 'gainst us. Eli'n Fulcrum're new though. They don't have none'a the chemistry't th'first three'a us got. Not yet, leastways." Colt fixed his eyes back on Jack once more. "Bottom line, I reckon ya taught'em a good lesson t'day. 'Don't jus' think 'bout usin' yer powers. Think 'bout fightin' yer opponent'."

Jack snorted ruefully as he worked his jaw back and forth with one hand. "No kidding," he agreed, "though I'm kinda hoping they got that 'target his face' thing outta their systems. Ow." Rolling his shoulders and shaking off the developing bruises, he moved to lean against the wall opposite the door to the Wreck Room. "Well, next session's yours. Anything in mind?"

"Aw, come on now, Jack," Colt shot back, "If'n they caint screw up yer face a little, how're the rest'a us guys on'a planet gon' stand any kind'a chance?" Colt gave Jack a playful push.

Rolling his shoulders and shaking off the developing bruises, he moved to lean against the wall opposite the door to the Wreck Room. "Well, next session's yours. Anything in mind?"

"Well, I reckon ya done quite'a bit fer'em, teachin'em how ta git by without no powers. Now, all I'd say they need's a health dose'a learnin' how'ta master'em. Ain't no way I got this good't shootin' without a ton'a practice. C'n ya think'a some way they'd benefit better than havin' perfect control'a their abilities?"

The swordsman rocked back of his feet in response to Colt's shove, grinning. "Man, you know I'd just spin it and go all rakish and rugged." He let out a short laugh when the gunslinger outlined his lesson plan. "The guy with no powers is gonna teach the class on powers? Irony, thy name is cowboy. Point, though; finesse and control is the obvious next step. Trade control room duties, then? I run the Wreck Room while you're on the floor?"

Once the swordsman and cowboy were gone, Fulcrum leaned toward Grim and whispered, "I can see what you like in him. The accent is nice too." Patting Grim on the back again, she stepped away and stretched again.

Restoring their powers made her feel whole again. She wasn't concerned about losing them, per say, but some of the side benefits were wonderful. Popping her neck, she hovered momentarily to do a 'systems check'. Everything seemed to be order, so she drifted around her two remaining team mates. "You have a full holographic projection down here? Vince neglected to mention that tidbit on the standard tour. Up for another workout?"

Personally, Fulcrum thought the exercise when surprisingly well. True they needed a lot of personal and team polishing, but that was the point of practicing together. Maybe this team thing could work out after all. Except for the whole issue with Viktor. That needed to be resolved...