Unspent PP: 3

Gold Status: 3/30

Alternate Identity: Powerhouse

Height: 6'1â€

Weight: 225 lbs

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Blonde

Description:

Alexander is a tall, fit man whose angular features and close cropped hair don't conceal multiple scars and other signs of a hard life. Often times he will go a few days between shaving, content with a near perpetual stubble. He looks older than his 26 years, part in due to the abuse his body has endured. He has a powerful, purposeful stride and rarely seems to lack direction or conviction.

His clothes and attire are rarely trendy, but meticulously maintained. They tend towards earthy colors and function over fashion. He prefers denim, but does have a used set of fatigues that he wears on occasions.

When 'In costume' he wears an thick suit that is deep blue with yellow accents. There is a mask which covers the upper half of his face, allowing him to keep some level of anonymity.

History:

Alexander was told that he had less than a year to live due to a terminal and very aggressive cancer. As a member of the military, he signed away his rights to allow then to test experimental procedures. He expected them to try to combat the cancer with experimental drugs. What he unknowingly received was an entire regimen set to transform ordinary people into the latest incarnation of super soldiers.

Two years later, he emerged both cured and with powers that he could scarcely believe. His failing health was now the anchor of his new self. He was faster and stronger, but the chemicals in his system had set of an even greater change. They acted as a catalyst for his body's own bio electrical currents and magnified them a million-fold.

Serving the remainder of his term as a 'secret project' it became clear to the scientists, that their result was nothing more than a one time fluke. While he has remained available to them for testing and research, he has finished his term with the military and moved on to Freedom City to find a name for himself.

Personality & Motivation:

Alexander is a contradiction of emotions. On one side he has the serious determined bend of a military man. He's goal oriented and strives for perfection in everything that he does. On the other side is a man who realizes how short and sweet life is. He's received a second lease on life and does not what to squander any of it.

Powers & Tactics:

Alexanders tactics are not a study in subtly. He wants to get opponents snared or tangled in his coils, and then either crush or electrocute them until they subside. However, he is fairly mobile and has the reach to pick and choose his opposition.

He likes to be in close with his opposition, trusting in his toughness and retributive powers to keep himself safe. Without using his powers, he is a reasonable fighter, and tough enough to keep himself safe.

Complications:

* Head on: Alexander is tenacious and determined. A frontal assault is usually his preferred method.

* Challenge: Alexander revels in his new state and will rarely back down from a challenge regardless on how lopsided that challenge is.

* Overconfident: Alexander routinely overestimates his own potential.

* Patriotism: There is little that Alexander will not do in the name of his country.

* Lack of Feeling: Due to his armor Alex has no feeling in his torso, arms or legs.

In Brief:

A tough electrically empowered hero who takes a no nonsense approach to any problems he encounters.

Stats: 4+6+8+0+0+0 = 18pp

Str: 14 (+2)

Dex: 16/24 (+4/7)

Con: 18/34 (+4/12)

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 10 (+0)

Combat: 10+4 = 14pp

Attack: +5, +10 Melee

Grapple: +14 / +17 (Enh Dex), +24 (Coils)

Defense: +2/5 (+1 flat-footed)

Knockback: -2 / -7 (Enhanced Con)

Initiative: +3 / +7 (Enhanced Dex)

Saves: 0+0+10 = 10pp

Toughness: +12/+15 (+12 Con, +3 other)

Fortitude: +12 (+12 Con, +0)

Reflex: +7 (+7 Dex, +0)

Will: +10 (+0 Wis, +10)

Skills: 40r = 10pp

Acrobatics 3 (+10)

Bluff 5 (+5)

Concentration 10 (+10)

Diplomacy 4 (+4)

Investigate 5 (+5)

Knowledge (tactics) 5 (+5)

Notice 5 (+5)

Stealth 3 (+10)

Feats: 15pp

Acrobatic Bluff

All-Out Attack

Attack Focus (melee) 5

Connected

Dodge Focus 3

Grappling Finesse

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Pin

Free: Diehard

Powers: 31+3+16+8+27 = 85pp

Electrical Control 8 (Electricity; Extras: Aura, Duration/Sustained; Flaws: Range/Touch; Drawbacks: Power Loss 1 (Immersed in Water)) [31pp]

Protection 3 (Metal, Kevlar) [3pp]

Enhanced Constitution 16 (Mutation) [16pp]

Enhanced Dexterity 8 (Mutation) [8pp]

Steel Coils Array 13 (Electromagnetic Steel Coils; Extras: Alternate Power 1) [27pp]

Base: Elongation 5 (Extras: Projection) + Strike 3 (Extras: Mighty 1 Power Feats: Split Attack 1) + Super Movement 3 (Perfect Balance, Swinging, Wall Crawling 1) + Super Strength 2 (Power Feats: Ground Strike 1) (10 + 5 + 6 + 5 = 26pp)

AP: Elongation 5 (Extras: Projection) + Super Strength 2 + Snare 10 (Power Feats: Tether, Split Attack 1; Flaws: Range/Touch) (10 + 4 + 12 = 26pp)

Drawbacks: -2 = -2pp

Vulnerable (Water attacks; Uncommon, Moderate; -2)

DC Block:

Electrical Control 10 --- 25/Toughness --- Bruised, Staged

Strike 3 --- 20/Toughness --- Bruised, Staged

Unarmed Attack --- 17/Toughness --- Bruised, Staged

Snare --- 20/Reflex --- Staged

Costs: Abilities (18) + Combat (14) + Saves (10) + Skills (10) + Feats (15) + Powers (85) - Drawbacks (2) = 150/153pp

Stats: Is there a reason the Con is an odd number? This is not wrong, just wasteful.

Combat: Odd base defenses are wasteful too. You can buy 4 base defense and dodge focus 1 to get the same effect and save 1pp. Your base grapple should be 19. Strength (2) + base attack (5) + melee attack focus (5) + elongation (5) + super strength (2). How are you getting +17/+24?

Skills: Good

Feats: Withstand Damage, NOOOOO.

Powers: When you write Range and Duration and Action for Flaws and Extras, please note what they are like so:

Action/Reaction

Action/Free

Action/Move

Action/Standard

Action/Full

Duration/Instant

Duration/Concentration

Duration/Sustained

Duration/Continuous

Duration/Permanent

Range/Touch

Range/Ranged

Range/Perception

Drawback: What does "Lack of Feeling" do mechanically? If there is no mechanics to it it's a complication. If there's a mechanical explanation it's a drawback.

Somewhere in the chat sessions, I mentioned I get confused easily. In the many edits I had it was supposed to be 30. I'll make that change.

As for the base defense, I can do that as well. I was doing it for flavor originally, but the +1 dodge makes sense given his agility.

As for the grapple score, I have Grappling Finesse, so it should be +10 Attack, +7 dex, +5 elongation, +2 Super Str = +24

I'll remove the Withstand Damage, that's a no no what so ever?

I'll also change the duration and range things too.

As for the disadvantage, I would assume that it would give a -1 to notice checks when any sort of tactile sensations were involved. However, if that's a complication, then that's ok.

I'll make a few edits and let you know in chat when I get them finished.

===================================

Edit: Shuffled some numbers and changed things around. So should be better now. Any other feats/powers that I should be aware of to not take? Or is it pretty much anything from Mecha and Magna?

Not being a ref, but having many hours logged with them ( :P ) Everything from every book besides core and UP is case by case basis. Withstand Damage is one of those feats deemed too powerful. you trade dodge bonus for toughness. Seriously think about that. How is that not a feat everyone should take? That's the reasoning. It be broken, yo!

While I own the books and the hero lab program, I've never actually run a game other than a couple of solo things to check the rules and all. I did think it looked good (which is why I included it), but wasn't sure how much was balanced or not balanced in the game. Figured it was a point system, so things would be.

However, it's no problem. I have no issues juggling things around and already made the changes.

*bounces Moira out the door*

Seriously, these submissions threads are for Refs, and the player who submitted the character. We don't need you to do our job for us. Boundaries, Woman!

And yes, it'll be a cold day in Hell when we allow Withstand Damage here.

(10:30:26) Geez3r: Actually Ozoe, I just looked over the character, there's a few errors

(10:30:50) Geez3r: you've spent 21 points in Ability scores, not 19

(10:31:28) Geez3r: In the combat and save sections, please split up some of the numbers so we know what they

(10:31:47) Geez3r: *they're like with and without powers

(10:32:37) Geez3r: You've spent 15 points in feats, not 14

(10:33:06) Geez3r: Your Electrical Control power costs 39 points, not 29

(10:34:12) Geez3r: With Enhanced Dex 8, and base Dex 18, your total Dex should be 26, not 24

(10:47:03) Geez3r: One more thing Ozoe, for the Super Strength and Snare effects, Ground strike, Tether and Split attack are Power Feats, not Extras

(10:47:09) Geez3r: you did the math properly though

• 4 months later...