"... And I'm a Mutant." [IC]

Mike smiled as he easily caught his future daughter, "Way better than a limo anyway." He said with a grin. With that he surged skyward rocketing well past the speed of sound with his passengers tucked close against him protectively.

They shot through the sky leaving a swirling contrail in their wake as Mike steered them at breakneck speeds toward the mall. He came to a landing in a secluded corner of the lot and gently set Zoe and Alex on their feet once more, "Alright lets get something to eat!" he said eagerly, Zoe may have inherited her mothers mind but she got her fathers appetite.

Dr. Estelle de Havilland was picking up lunch for the rest of her staff at a greasy spoon around the corner from ASTRO which made spectacular home fries; while she was waiting to pay, she looked up to see the TV playing behind the registered. Nikolai the owner, who was ringing up customers, turned to watch over his shoulder.

"I'm Alexandra Albright. I'm a founding member of Young Freedom as Psyche and I'm the majority shareholder of AEON," she introduced herself to the interviewer in her high and clear voice, offering a soft hand shake. Then she turned to the camera, "And I'm one of the so-called Terminus children."

Nik shook his head as he returned to the next check.

"This is a brave girl, but perhaps also foolish."

Some of the other patrons started murmuring excitedly, and a few of them pointed at Estelle, whispering under their breath.

"Perhaps she's both; I didn't get to know her well enough."

She remembered Alex from her class, and the Harvard grad had felt ridiculous teaching a pupil so clearly gifted. Her young life was going to get a lot more complicated.

"Miss Estelle, you can pay me later, okay?"

Doctor de Havilland shook her head and returned to reality, and sensed what Nik had picked up on: the increasingly sour mood on the restaurant's patrons. He indicated the door with a slight jerk of his head.

"Ah, thank you Nik; see you soon."

She squeezed her way out the door, a long golden tendril shooting up to carry her back to ASTRO Labs above the street. Surely they had both overreacted; Freedom loved its heroes, after all, but it paid to be careful.

Alex rolled her eyes and said fondly, "It's a good thing that I put my super genius to making some money or you two would eat us out of house and home, I swear. Lead on, guys. Let's just leave at least a little something for the other mall-goers."

She smiled at Zoe as she no doubt would bounce ahead and back and then slipped her slender hand into Mike's, leaning her cheek against his arm as they strolled towards the mall's food court. She did have the presence of mind to point out gently through the psychic link to both of them, 'There's a good chance that someone will recognize me, but if things get ugly, we'll just go somewhere else. We don't need to make things worse with some sort of altercation.'