A Fine Grey Line [IC]

As they walked down the street, hand-in-hand, Natalya saw an excitement in Elena's manner that she'd never seen before. She was almost skipping. "My own existence has been nothing but a series of second chances. I don't see why you shouldn't be entitled to the same. Let me make some calls. I can return what you stole, tell the police that it wasn't you. I can do a dozen different things that should make sure they never bother you again. I might even be able to pull some strings to get you a new identity. It wouldn't be the first time I've had to do that for the 'legally-challenged.' Although considering how well you've aged...or haven't aged, rather...you might be able to get away with just walking the streets as...well, you."

"Well, that was some of the idea behind sitting around in a cell while pretending to age. Reasonable doubt and all that." Natalya agreed, entirely amused at this bubbly person that was so familiar and yet so... not. "Darling, I'm still me. I'm still not going to be tame. Just return the objects. I'm sure, I am so sure, that I will cross one of your lines again, that I'd rather you didn't do a bunch of work you'll feel guilty for later. If I ever decide to turn over a completely clean leaf, you'll be the first that I tell about it."

Natalya tugged her closer, her fingertips circling Elena's wrist gently, as she murmured as enticing as any siren luring men to their doom on the rocky shore, "Can we let that go, just for a little while? You can pester me another night about going straight - ah, no pun intended. Tonight, bend my way just a little and relax."

Elena hung her head down for a moment, consumed with tension-shattering laughter. She nodded, still grinning, as she embraced her lover once again. "Just promise me one thing," she whispered into Natalya's mouth between kisses. "Promise me that we'll have breakfast someday."