A Merc's Life is a Jolly Life

Cyrith

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This time, the man with the spear can't resist Badb's strength. He flies a few feet in the air, colliding with one of the bruisers. The bruiser doesn't even seem to feel the impact, and the man with the spear gets it out of the way before he accidentally impales his minion or himself. He slowly rises from the ground, then looks to the two bruisers. With a single gesture, they both charge at Badb.

Neither of them hit her, but both of them force Badb to dodge their blows. The man with the spear is ready for the opening and attacks.

This time, the man with the spear can't resist Badb's strength. He flies a few feet in the air, colliding with one of the bruisers. The bruiser doesn't even seem to feel the impact, and the man with the spear gets it out of the way before he accidentally impales his minion or himself. He slowly rises from the ground, then looks to the two bruisers. With a single gesture, they both charge at Badb.

Neither of them hit her, but both of them force Badb to dodge their blows. The man with the spear is ready for the opening and attacks.

Badb cannot see through her own light as it streaks towards the man, but when it passes, he looks back at her with vision undimmed. He smiles at her, then moves forward once again with the spear. This time, he is attacking with it directly. He swings wide, and Badb can easily dodge the blow. The glow that mirrors her own radiation seems to be dimming from the spear.

The two bruisers attack, and it looks like both of them can now see just fine. It avails them not, and it's all they can do to keep from hitting one another. The battle seems to have stalemated, despite the opposition's superior numbers. It almost seems like she's being delayed on purpose...

Badb cannot see through her own light as it streaks towards the man, but when it passes, he looks back at her with vision undimmed. He smiles at her, then moves forward once again with the spear. This time, he is attacking with it directly. He swings wide, and Badb can easily dodge the blow. The glow that mirrors her own radiation seems to be dimming from the spear.

The two bruisers attack, and it looks like both of them can now see just fine. It avails them not, and it's all they can do to keep from hitting one another. The battle seems to have stalemated, despite the opposition's superior numbers. It almost seems like she's being delayed on purpose...

The battle was beginning to lull, though not for long if Badb could help it. She still wasn't sure why they wanted her alive, only that by doing so it was slowing things down. She wondered if she was being delayed on purpose, and if so, why? If her employers were being attacked why no concern to her. She had been contracted for one job, and that's what she was doing. To that end she aims once again at the bruiser she had hit earlier in the fight and releases a blast of radiation. "Down you go!"

The battle was beginning to lull, though not for long if Badb could help it. She still wasn't sure why they wanted her alive, only that by doing so it was slowing things down. She wondered if she was being delayed on purpose, and if so, why? If her employers were being attacked why no concern to her. She had been contracted for one job, and that's what she was doing. To that end she aims once again at the bruiser she had hit earlier in the fight and releases a blast of radiation. "Down you go!"

Despite her twisting and dodging, the spear manages to catch Badb in the lower abdomen, drawing a short grunt. Still, the odds had gotten a little better, and the glow had begun to fade. 'Can't give him anymore power.' Ignoring the man with the spear, Badb concentrates on taking out the other bruiser. To this end, Badb Fakes a roll toward the left, then jukes right. Hoping the bruiser will be unable to follow her fancy foot work, Badb unleashes a powerful blast. In the moments silence that follows her shot, Badb just manages to pick up sounds from outside. It sounds like people. Alot of them. 'Sh*te'

Despite her twisting and dodging, the spear manages to catch Badb in the lower abdomen, drawing a short grunt. Still, the odds had gotten a little better, and the glow had begun to fade. 'Can't give him anymore power.' Ignoring the man with the spear, Badb concentrates on taking out the other bruiser. To this end, Badb Fakes a roll toward the left, then jukes right. Hoping the bruiser will be unable to follow her fancy foot work, Badb unleashes a powerful blast. In the moments silence that follows her shot, Badb just manages to pick up sounds from outside. It sounds like people. Alot of them. 'Sh*te'

The bruiser falls down from the mighty blow. He's having trouble moving, the radiation having burned out some parts of his nervous system. He doesn't look dead, or even unconscious, but he's just this side of conscious.

The man doesn't attack Badb for the moment, barely sparing the downed brute a glance. "I see that you can hear my reinforcements. They are prepared to do what it takes to bring you in. Make it easier on yourself and surrender," he says. He seems to be honest, but rather chilling in his assessment of her capabilities. It's disconcerting.

The bruiser falls down from the mighty blow. He's having trouble moving, the radiation having burned out some parts of his nervous system. He doesn't look dead, or even unconscious, but he's just this side of conscious.

The man doesn't attack Badb for the moment, barely sparing the downed brute a glance. "I see that you can hear my reinforcements. They are prepared to do what it takes to bring you in. Make it easier on yourself and surrender," he says. He seems to be honest, but rather chilling in his assessment of her capabilities. It's disconcerting.

• 2 weeks later...

Though his words have a certain weight to them, Badb doesn't seem to let them get to her. Now it's down to one on one, why should she fear?"You certainly seem keen on having me surrender. Who's the one who should really be scared here?" Having noticed her earlier tactics were less then effective against her spear wielding foe, Badb tries a differant tactic. She flies back about 100 feet, aims at the celling and unleashes a blast. "Lets see your spear save ye from falling mortar."

(OOC: can I take 10 against the ceiling? Or do I still need to roll?)

Though his words have a certain weight to them, Badb doesn't seem to let them get to her. Now it's down to one on one, why should she fear?"You certainly seem keen on having me surrender. Who's the one who should really be scared here?" Having noticed her earlier tactics were less then effective against her spear wielding foe, Badb tries a differant tactic. She flies back about 100 feet, aims at the celling and unleashes a blast. "Lets see your spear save ye from falling mortar."

(OOC: can I take 10 against the ceiling? Or do I still need to roll?)

Badb's blast tears through the ceiling, and a layer of dust briefly shrouds the bruisers and the spear wielder from her. Before she can wonder whether her aim was true, the spear wielder bursts through the dust, leaving the support of his bruisers behind.

"It will take more than that to stop me. I am Cúchulainn, and my spear Gáe Bulg protects me," he says. He points the spear at her, and it begins to glow with a dull reddish color. The color seems to drain out of his face, and his eyes grow glassy. It looks like the spear is charging itself with his own lifeforce now. It remains pointed at Badb, but is not firing yet.

"And I am Badb, most fierce of the Morrigan. Care to recall what happened to your namesake when he ran afoul of our temper? Now put down your spear, which is surely not the Gae Bulg, and I will let you leave. Force me further and I will claim this battle ground and yourself as my trophies." Badb puts steel into her words a grim smile on her face, all the while preparing to dodge the attack she knows will be coming.

(OOC I'm going total defense)

The man's eyes flash, literally, and the spear glows brighter than the noonday sun. Badb has to look away to avoid being dazzled.

"Gáe Bulg is not ready for you to pay for your insult. We will meet again, Badb, and will see if your name will protect you."

The spear releases its energy, spreading out in a cone. It seems to dissolve things as it crosses over them, and Badb is engulfed by it. It looks like he was able to do what Badb had tried, as a side effect of his goal.

• 3 weeks later...

As the building begins to dissolve, Badb beats a hasty retreat through one of the nearby windows. There's no longer a need for stealth; the explosion is audible to those miles away. When she flies out, she can see that the building has been surrounded by what appear to be tractor-trailers and moving vans. The colors are familiar - the corporate logo of Grant Conglomerates painted on it.

At the same time, the doors on some of the tractor-trailers begin to open. It looks like there are people inside about to come out.

'This can't be good.' Badb is understandably apprehensive about what's happening. Even just one trailer full of people is bad odds. Not that she'll let that stop her. That metal on the trucks can't have that high of a melting point. Perhaps she can fuse it together with a well placed blast. And failing that, hopefully it'll knock the door into someone. Hoping her gamble pays off, Badb releases her blast.

One of the trailer doors begins to glow a dull red as it heats up, and there's a muffled cry from at least one person inside. It ceases to move upwards, and from the way it sags, it doesn't look like they'll be able to open it.

The other truck and one of the moving vans open up more completely. From the truck, two men jump out and begin to hover in the air. For a moment, Badb might think that they are some other sort of superhero (or supervillain), but the smell of rocket fuel burning soon makes it clear that they are "just" making use of jetpacks. The van doesn't seem as threatening. One woman gets out, but she doesn't appear to be carrying a weapon. It looks more like she has some sort of remote control in her hands.