A Merc's Life is a Jolly Life

Cyrith

The call had come not too long ago. Addie was ready for it. More importantly, Badb was ready for it. She had driven to the zoo and parked toward the back, in the darkest spot she could find. Thus concealed she changed into her outfit, left the car where it was and flew the rest of the way to the address she'd been given. It would have been less complicated just to fly, but it would have taken longer, and likely been very cold. Besides, the more steps between her and home, the less likely she is to be found out. As she approaches her destination, Addie scans the area to check for anything out of the ordinary, or to spot her quarry.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The call had come not too long ago. Addie was ready for it. More importantly, Badb was ready for it. She had driven to the zoo and parked toward the back, in the darkest spot she could find. Thus concealed she changed into her outfit, left the car where it was and flew the rest of the way to the address she'd been given. It would have been less complicated just to fly, but it would have taken longer, and likely been very cold. Besides, the more steps between her and home, the less likely she is to be found out. As she approaches her destination, Addie scans the area to check for anything out of the ordinary, or to spot her quarry.

The address, oddly enough, seems to be an apartment building. It's not the condos of North Bay, but it's definitely upscale. The facade looks like it's been scrubbed clean within the last couple of weeks, and there may just be a call box on the front door. Given that Badb has already changed into her superhero gear, she would make for a surprising guest at the front door.

The roof, however, appears deserted and devoid of any video cameras. The apartments are the highest buildings in the vicinity, and the only way someone could get to the roof is by jumping down from a helicopter, climbing the walls, or (for superheroes and villains alike) flying there under their own power.

The address, oddly enough, seems to be an apartment building. It's not the condos of North Bay, but it's definitely upscale. The facade looks like it's been scrubbed clean within the last couple of weeks, and there may just be a call box on the front door. Given that Badb has already changed into her superhero gear, she would make for a surprising guest at the front door.

The roof, however, appears deserted and devoid of any video cameras. The apartments are the highest buildings in the vicinity, and the only way someone could get to the roof is by jumping down from a helicopter, climbing the walls, or (for superheroes and villains alike) flying there under their own power.

So far nothing dangerous, at least overtly, spotted. A more upscale area then she expected for such goings on, but then again, considering who was involved, maybe that shouldn't surprise her. Taking care not to be seen, Badb flies to the roof top of the building. She crouches down to protect herself from the inevitable winds that always blow around tall buildings. Now she waits.

So far nothing dangerous, at least overtly, spotted. A more upscale area then she expected for such goings on, but then again, considering who was involved, maybe that shouldn't surprise her. Taking care not to be seen, Badb flies to the roof top of the building. She crouches down to protect herself from the inevitable winds that always blow around tall buildings. Now she waits.

As Badb lands, a man wearing a bandit's mask steps out from the doorway. Badb can see that he didn't walk through the doorway (which still has the door in it), but seemed to step out of nowhere. He seems to be in excellent shape, with a blond ponytail being his most distinguishing feature. His mouth is covered behind the mask, but his voice is familiar and friendly.

"I'm glad to see you, darling. I wondered how long it'd take you to decide to come here. Here's the proof, and half your pay. Still don't know when or where they're coming exactly, but it will be tonight. I'll see to that."

As Badb lands, a man wearing a bandit's mask steps out from the doorway. Badb can see that he didn't walk through the doorway (which still has the door in it), but seemed to step out of nowhere. He seems to be in excellent shape, with a blond ponytail being his most distinguishing feature. His mouth is covered behind the mask, but his voice is familiar and friendly.

"I'm glad to see you, darling. I wondered how long it'd take you to decide to come here. Here's the proof, and half your pay. Still don't know when or where they're coming exactly, but it will be tonight. I'll see to that."

"Well, isn't that a useful trick. As for the delay, someone in my profession can never be too careful. I'm sure ya understand." Badb peers down over the edge of the roof top and smirks. "Easily within range. They shant know what hit them. Unless they're any good at what they do. Don't you worry about me though. I'm used to surprises. On both sides."

"Well, isn't that a useful trick. As for the delay, someone in my profession can never be too careful. I'm sure ya understand." Badb peers down over the edge of the roof top and smirks. "Easily within range. They shant know what hit them. Unless they're any good at what they do. Don't you worry about me though. I'm used to surprises. On both sides."

Trap-Door (for that is who the man is, even if he hasn't yet given his name to her) eyes Badb appraisingly. Despite the way his eyes seem to linger on her curves, his next words give another reason for his actions.

"Do you have a phone on you? They won't come here. Too public, and they don't know I own this building anyway," he says with a grin. "No, I want to funnel them somewhere a little more out of the way, so you don't have to worry about holding back. I wouldn't want the little folks getting hurt during your fight."

Trap-Door (for that is who the man is, even if he hasn't yet given his name to her) eyes Badb appraisingly. Despite the way his eyes seem to linger on her curves, his next words give another reason for his actions.

"Do you have a phone on you? They won't come here. Too public, and they don't know I own this building anyway," he says with a grin. "No, I want to funnel them somewhere a little more out of the way, so you don't have to worry about holding back. I wouldn't want the little folks getting hurt during your fight."

Badb finds herself very glad that her battle skirt hides most everything above the waist, though assumes his motive was more in taking stock of what she had with her, rather then what she looked like. Good. The last thing she needed was another long haired blond boy chasing after her. Ian had been more then enough.

"And a little less likely for intervention, I would assume. And no, I don't tend to carry a cell phone when I'm on the job. They can be traced. As we both know, this isn't the most secure of occupations. Too bad it's not to take place here though. Buildings cast such large shadows to play around in."

Badb finds herself very glad that her battle skirt hides most everything above the waist, though assumes his motive was more in taking stock of what she had with her, rather then what she looked like. Good. The last thing she needed was another long haired blond boy chasing after her. Ian had been more then enough.

"And a little less likely for intervention, I would assume. And no, I don't tend to carry a cell phone when I'm on the job. They can be traced. As we both know, this isn't the most secure of occupations. Too bad it's not to take place here though. Buildings cast such large shadows to play around in."

"But good that you don't have to worry about collateral damage. Well, if you can't get a call, then I'll just have to make sure they come where I want them too. Head two blocks southeast of here. There's a building there scheduled for implosion next week. If you manage to blow it down faster, no one'll come crying," he says with a grin. He takes two steps back, through the closed door, and disappears.

"But good that you don't have to worry about collateral damage. Well, if you can't get a call, then I'll just have to make sure they come where I want them too. Head two blocks southeast of here. There's a building there scheduled for implosion next week. If you manage to blow it down faster, no one'll come crying," he says with a grin. He takes two steps back, through the closed door, and disappears.

Badb flies off following the directions she was given, and it doesn't take her long to find the building. She flies down toward what she assumes to be the back door and tries the handle, hoping it's unlocked. 'No one will come crying' The words float through her head as she formulates a back up plan. 'Just have to be sure not to take myself out in such a situation.'