A Merc's Life is a Jolly Life

Cyrith

For whatever reason, Badb has an easier time hitting a smaller target half a room away than she has had attacking the two brutes in front of her. It lets out a "meep..." slowly running out of sound as it is slammed back into a wall.

The brutes change their tactics. One of them jumps up, trying to herd Badb into the other's attack. He succeeds in pushing her off-balance, leaving his twin to connect with a hard blow. The creature with the light built in stands up slowly and unsteadily. Whatever happens next, they'll all be able to see properly.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For whatever reason, Badb has an easier time hitting a smaller target half a room away than she has had attacking the two brutes in front of her. It lets out a "meep..." slowly running out of sound as it is slammed back into a wall.

The brutes change their tactics. One of them jumps up, trying to herd Badb into the other's attack. He succeeds in pushing her off-balance, leaving his twin to connect with a hard blow. The creature with the light built in stands up slowly and unsteadily. Whatever happens next, they'll all be able to see properly.

Even in the air, years of gymnastics and combat training allow Badb to spin with the blow, leaving her with barely a scratch. Now it's her turn. Even when she had hit with her blast, it didn't seem to do much to the bruisers around her. Time to see about the eyes. Taking aim at the creature who just punched her, Badb lets loose with a bright, eye searing blast of intense radiation, streaking toward the creatures eyes. "Can't hit wha' ya can't see."

Even in the air, years of gymnastics and combat training allow Badb to spin with the blow, leaving her with barely a scratch. Now it's her turn. Even when she had hit with her blast, it didn't seem to do much to the bruisers around her. Time to see about the eyes. Taking aim at the creature who just punched her, Badb lets loose with a bright, eye searing blast of intense radiation, streaking toward the creatures eyes. "Can't hit wha' ya can't see."

The bruiser howls in pain as the light burns his eyes. He stumbles on the ground, reaching out towards where he last saw Badb, but failing to connect. The other one moves out of the way of his comrade, making sure that he isn't hit by accident.

The glowing creature grows even brighter, and the light inside the building grows as bright as day. Badb can now see the man at the other side of the room more clearly. He's Caucasian, middle-aged, with a sparse brown beard and no mustache. He wears a black winter cap and a business suit and coat. He might almost be someone who got lost coming home on his way from the financial district, save for the shortspear at his belt. He draws it from his side and slowly begins to walk forward towards Badb.

"Surrender now, and I will see that you are not hurt," he says to Badb.

The bruiser howls in pain as the light burns his eyes. He stumbles on the ground, reaching out towards where he last saw Badb, but failing to connect. The other one moves out of the way of his comrade, making sure that he isn't hit by accident.

The glowing creature grows even brighter, and the light inside the building grows as bright as day. Badb can now see the man at the other side of the room more clearly. He's Caucasian, middle-aged, with a sparse brown beard and no mustache. He wears a black winter cap and a business suit and coat. He might almost be someone who got lost coming home on his way from the financial district, save for the shortspear at his belt. He draws it from his side and slowly begins to walk forward towards Badb.

Badb takes the momentary distraction of her closest attackers to turn slightly toward the man making demands of her. She does her best to keep the bruisers in her peripheral none the less. This could be a ruse. "It seems to me that I'm not the one needin' a promise not to hurt. So I'll give you a chance to say what ye feel ye need to, an' if I don't like what I hear, I'll blast you." Badb raises her hand, the energy causing her skin to glow as she readies a shot against the man. If he said something insulting, made a move to attack her, or if one of his goons tried to move for her, she'd fire on him.

Badb takes the momentary distraction of her closest attackers to turn slightly toward the man making demands of her. She does her best to keep the bruisers in her peripheral none the less. This could be a ruse. "It seems to me that I'm not the one needin' a promise not to hurt. So I'll give you a chance to say what ye feel ye need to, an' if I don't like what I hear, I'll blast you." Badb raises her hand, the energy causing her skin to glow as she readies a shot against the man. If he said something insulting, made a move to attack her, or if one of his goons tried to move for her, she'd fire on him.

"It's very simple. Larceny, Incorporated has taken something that does not belong to them," he says with a squint. He continues to walk towards Badb, though he's still only just walking, albeit with the spear drawn. It's at Badb's discretion whether he's being threatening enough for her to attack.

"Given its name, this should come as no surprise. My employer wishes for these things to be returned. You are acting on their behalf, given your presence in this building at this time. We seek to know where we might find them, so that this matter can be settled."

He stops walking, looking her straight in the eyes. He doesn't seem afraid at all, making him foolhardy, powerful, or canny. "Of course, I can hardly take you at your word, given your association with Trap-Door. You will have to come with me until your information can be verified. You can do this the easy way or the hard way. I prefer the easy way, even if it will disappoint my compatriots."

The first bruiser is still trying to figure out where things are, while the second seems like a leashed animal, waiting for a command to attack.

"It's very simple. Larceny, Incorporated has taken something that does not belong to them," he says with a squint. He continues to walk towards Badb, though he's still only just walking, albeit with the spear drawn. It's at Badb's discretion whether he's being threatening enough for her to attack.

"Given its name, this should come as no surprise. My employer wishes for these things to be returned. You are acting on their behalf, given your presence in this building at this time. We seek to know where we might find them, so that this matter can be settled."

He stops walking, looking her straight in the eyes. He doesn't seem afraid at all, making him foolhardy, powerful, or canny. "Of course, I can hardly take you at your word, given your association with Trap-Door. You will have to come with me until your information can be verified. You can do this the easy way or the hard way. I prefer the easy way, even if it will disappoint my compatriots."

The first bruiser is still trying to figure out where things are, while the second seems like a leashed animal, waiting for a command to attack.

"I'm sure you would enjoy the easy way. Most cowards do. And don' give me crap about it's cunning, not cowardice, because I don't believe it. Take one more step toward me and I'll blast ye where you stand, and then I'll bring this building down atop us. You think because you have a numbers game going against me that you have the upper hand? I scoff at you. You think because you brandish a spear at me I'll spill and tell you everything you want to know? You must not think very highly of me then. I'm a soldier of fortune in a world with a very small client list. I'm not about to betray anyone who has hired me for a job, particularly not while I'm on the clock. Perhaps in the future, should you ever seek to contact me first, I'll be more willing." With eyes narrowed to just above slits, Badb fires her stored radiation at the man with the spear. "The name is Badb."

"I'm sure you would enjoy the easy way. Most cowards do. And don' give me crap about it's cunning, not cowardice, because I don't believe it. Take one more step toward me and I'll blast ye where you stand, and then I'll bring this building down atop us. You think because you have a numbers game going against me that you have the upper hand? I scoff at you. You think because you brandish a spear at me I'll spill and tell you everything you want to know? You must not think very highly of me then. I'm a soldier of fortune in a world with a very small client list. I'm not about to betray anyone who has hired me for a job, particularly not while I'm on the clock. Perhaps in the future, should you ever seek to contact me first, I'll be more willing." With eyes narrowed to just above slits, Badb fires her stored radiation at the man with the spear. "The name is Badb."

Quicker than the eye can see, the man begins to spin the spear around. The energy being fired at him mostly flows into the spear, and it begins to glow, pulsing with the same sort of greenish light as Badb's radiation. The smaller amount that hits him doesn't seem to injure him.

"At the same time, I am also a mercenary, Badb. I too have a job to do," he says, holding up the spear. A bolt of energy flies out, missing her. "The hard way it is. Bruisers! Grab her and see that she doesn't escape!"

The one bruiser who can still see does not get a hold of Badb, continuing to have difficulty hitting her.

Quicker than the eye can see, the man begins to spin the spear around. The energy being fired at him mostly flows into the spear, and it begins to glow, pulsing with the same sort of greenish light as Badb's radiation. The smaller amount that hits him doesn't seem to injure him.

"At the same time, I am also a mercenary, Badb. I too have a job to do," he says, holding up the spear. A bolt of energy flies out, missing her. "The hard way it is. Bruisers! Grab her and see that she doesn't escape!"

The one bruiser who can still see does not get a hold of Badb, continuing to have difficulty hitting her.

Badb smiles as she dodges the attacks coming at her. Outnumbered. Out gunned. This would be one for the history books. Though first, she would need to even things up a little "Good. That's just the way I like it. Though I don't particularly care for your stick there. I think perhaps you should come a little closer." Badb lunges, grabbing the other man and attempting to get control over him. At first she doesn't seem to be able to lock in, but the Irish warrior doesn't give up, refocusing her attentions.

Badb smiles as she dodges the attacks coming at her. Outnumbered. Out gunned. This would be one for the history books. Though first, she would need to even things up a little "Good. That's just the way I like it. Though I don't particularly care for your stick there. I think perhaps you should come a little closer." Badb lunges, grabbing the other man and attempting to get control over him. At first she doesn't seem to be able to lock in, but the Irish warrior doesn't give up, refocusing her attentions.

The man nearly escapes Badb's grasp, but gets caught as she catches him off-guard with her second effort. He manages to bring the spear between her body and his, absorbing at least part of her blow to fuel its power. Rather than try to escape, he remains still and shouts, "Over here! Subdue her!"

He tries to reverse the hold and keep her in place. The spear is used as a makeshift yoke around the back of her neck.

The man nearly escapes Badb's grasp, but gets caught as she catches him off-guard with her second effort. He manages to bring the spear between her body and his, absorbing at least part of her blow to fuel its power. Rather than try to escape, he remains still and shouts, "Over here! Subdue her!"

He tries to reverse the hold and keep her in place. The spear is used as a makeshift yoke around the back of her neck.