A Merc's Life is a Jolly Life [OOC]

Heridfel

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll for the attack there. You'll definitely hit the ceiling, but the roll is to determine whether you hit part of it that'll collapse like you want. There's also not quite enough room within the building to fly back 100 feet from where you are. I'm assuming you're moving towards the periphery of the floor so you can fly out if the building starts collapsing on you.

Roll for the attack there. You'll definitely hit the ceiling, but the roll is to determine whether you hit part of it that'll collapse like you want. There's also not quite enough room within the building to fly back 100 feet from where you are. I'm assuming you're moving towards the periphery of the floor so you can fly out if the building starts collapsing on you.

This round, it fires. It's a DC 22 Reflex save for half effect, and a DC 27 Toughness save (reduced to DC 21 if successful on the Reflex save). It also has the Knockback extra, so if the save fails, Badb is getting blasted plenty far back. I'll offer a hero point to forgo the Reflex save and fail the Toughness save by 5 if you want, but you'd have to take it before you roll.

I think you're right there. It helps if you note in the OOC thread when you spend a hero point, in order to keep track of these things. I should remember to do that for my PCs as well...

You are not injured by the Blast directly, but you're at the edge of a building that is collapsing. It's a separate Reflex save (DC 15) to get out the windows in time. If you fail, there's a DC 20 Toughness save, and you're considered entangled (per the description in Snare) by the rubble.

• 2 weeks later...

The woman was knocked down more than back from the angle that Badb was shooting at. Depending on how honorable she views herself to be, the taunt of the jet-pack man may bother her, but I'm not bothering with any rolls. Your choice whether there are any effects.

It's currently your action. I'm assuming you're still near the ground with the woman.

The fall was lethal damage, but it wasn't enough to kill him. He's "only" severely wounded. However, your attack certainly looks lethal to someone who isn't familiar with it, and you seemed to be willing to kill by his estimation. It's the same as if you were a gun-toting vigilante. Even though the damage is non-lethal from the system, characters in-game will assume that bullets are deadly force, unless being used against someone with superhuman defenses.

The save DC was my mistake. It doesn't make a difference with what I rolled, but it might have if I had rolled well. I'll correct it for any future attacks.

• 1 month later...