A Merc's Life is a Jolly Life [OOC]

Heridfel

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, quick procedural question. how strict are we being about things like having cell phones. Badb doesn't have the equipment feat, as things like housing and cars are a given. So before I can answer in char, I'd need to know. though it could make for a complication, and hero(or villain) points are always nice.

ok, quick procedural question. how strict are we being about things like having cell phones. Badb doesn't have the equipment feat, as things like housing and cars are a given. So before I can answer in char, I'd need to know. though it could make for a complication, and hero(or villain) points are always nice.

I am not very strict about the Equipment feat for the basics. In a modern-day setting, a person who is not struggling or destitute (that is, those who don't have the associate complication or drawback) can be assumed to have clothes, a house, a wallet, a cell phone, and if it's in-character, personal transportation. They will usually have access to a computer at school, work, or a public library if they do not own one themselves. Beyond these things, it's better to have purchased Equipment so there is no question.

Whether Badb would have brought her cell phone with her is another matter. While good for communication, they're also personally identifiable (unless you get a pre-paid cell phone, which is a good idea for a mercenary). If she doesn't have hers with her, it is a complication.

I am not very strict about the Equipment feat for the basics. In a modern-day setting, a person who is not struggling or destitute (that is, those who don't have the associate complication or drawback) can be assumed to have clothes, a house, a wallet, a cell phone, and if it's in-character, personal transportation. They will usually have access to a computer at school, work, or a public library if they do not own one themselves. Beyond these things, it's better to have purchased Equipment so there is no question.

Whether Badb would have brought her cell phone with her is another matter. While good for communication, they're also personally identifiable (unless you get a pre-paid cell phone, which is a good idea for a mercenary). If she doesn't have hers with her, it is a complication.

Searching around the building, Badb can find a couple of windows on upper stories that were smashed out, probably to help the construction workers remove whatever was inside. Badb would also be able to use her powers to break through some glass if she so desired (it's not Full Power, so she could melt through the glass rather than exploding it).